IHG Army Hotels on Fort Drum, Fort Drum Inn
$57
EconoLodge
$112
$94
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Don't expect to have freindly service at the front desk. The front desk personnel seem to not want to be there and not want to serve you. their website states they are committed to customer service. I think they need to either revise that or re-train the staff up there. So, if you want to feel welcomed here at Fort Drum, you aren't gonna get that here at the Inn, but the rest of our stay has been ok so far. Good location, can't beat the price and the room we were in was clean.

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ESoliz
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Well to start off we haven't even gotten to Fort Drum yet. We called and made reservations over a month ago as soon as we found out we were PCS'ing to Fort Drum. We reserved a pet room. We have a week to go and called to confirm everything and found out we were scheduled for the 20th of June not May 20th. And now no pet room available. So now we have to put our Dog in a boarding kennel. That was the point in us calling way ahead of time so we wouldn't have to do that. How inconvenient for us now. And the rude manager tried to make it like my husband screwed up the dates. I was there when he made the reservations. Not our fault the lady over the phone was an idiot. Manager didn't even apologize for there screw up. To say the least we canceled the reservation and are definitely staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank YWilson W
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I overheard an inn employee yelling at someone, who seemed like a rather new employee, someone still learning the ropes. The rude woman continued to say things to the effect of "this is ridiculous", "I can't believe you don't know how to answer the phone", "you're just a stupid privates wife", and something threatening to the effect of "you have no idea what I can do to your husband".

Something else that bothered me is that the manager, or the lady who seemed to be in charge, witnessed the entire thing and NEVER once said or did anything to the disrespectful woman. Seems like rank has a lot to do with how people treat one another around here, which, in my opinion, is VERY un-American.

I will NEVER stay at, or recommend this place again!

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Jwilcoxson
Reviewed January 5, 2011

My husband is a wounded soldier onbase and I went there to spend the weekend with him. This was definately a "no frills" Inn but had everything we needed. The breakfast choices were great. You can't beat the price. I checked into other places in the area in case I couldn't get in there and none could compare. He'll be there at least 3 more months and I have no problem at all staying there again.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2011

My boyfriend is in the Army & is relocating to Fort Drum next month, so we were in Watertown just before & after Christmas to do some apartment hunting. Before the holiday we stayed at the Microtel Inn nearby (which was also fine), but after Christmas we booked the Inn at Fort Drum when we discovered it existed! Anyway, this was my first experience of a "military hotel" & I was extremely pleasantly surprised. We paid $45 for the room & you simply can't beat that for value. The rooms are clean & of great size, & have just about anything that you'd need - even down to a small laundry basket! They had coffee & donuts available in the reception area 24/7, & also offered a decent selection of breakfast items in the morning. This hotel is not designed to provide luxury, so if you're looking for a place that's plush, then it won't be for you. But for those of you, like us, that just need somewhere comfortable & clean to use as a base for a few days (or even for extended periods of time), then this can't be beat for value in this area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple