“Steer clear of this place, unless you want to witness a belligerent lady yell at & degrade another employee.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Drum
IHG Army Hotels on Fort Drum, Fort Drum Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Fort Drum B&B and Inns
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

I overheard an inn employee yelling at someone, who seemed like a rather new employee, someone still learning the ropes. The rude woman continued to say things to the effect of "this is ridiculous", "I can't believe you don't know how to answer the phone", "you're just a stupid privates wife", and something threatening to the effect of "you have no idea what I can do to your husband".

Something else that bothered me is that the manager, or the lady who seemed to be in charge, witnessed the entire thing and NEVER once said or did anything to the disrespectful woman. Seems like rank has a lot to do with how people treat one another around here, which, in my opinion, is VERY un-American.

I will NEVER stay at, or recommend this place again!

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Jwilcoxson

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

My husband is a wounded soldier onbase and I went there to spend the weekend with him. This was definately a "no frills" Inn but had everything we needed. The breakfast choices were great. You can't beat the price. I checked into other places in the area in case I couldn't get in there and none could compare. He'll be there at least 3 more months and I have no problem at all staying there again.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

My boyfriend is in the Army & is relocating to Fort Drum next month, so we were in Watertown just before & after Christmas to do some apartment hunting. Before the holiday we stayed at the Microtel Inn nearby (which was also fine), but after Christmas we booked the Inn at Fort Drum when we discovered it existed! Anyway, this was my first experience of a "military hotel" & I was extremely pleasantly surprised. We paid $45 for the room & you simply can't beat that for value. The rooms are clean & of great size, & have just about anything that you'd need - even down to a small laundry basket! They had coffee & donuts available in the reception area 24/7, & also offered a decent selection of breakfast items in the morning. This hotel is not designed to provide luxury, so if you're looking for a place that's plush, then it won't be for you. But for those of you, like us, that just need somewhere comfortable & clean to use as a base for a few days (or even for extended periods of time), then this can't be beat for value in this area.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NickyInBoston
Glens Falls, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

My husband is at Fort Drum as a wounded soldier and is getting care there, he has been there since August 2010, I have been out to visit him a few times and have stayed in a couple different hotels. The first time the closest hotel we could get to base was in Poulski b/c a unit had just got back from deployment. the second time was for our anniversary/my birthday and we stay at the microtel, it was the worst the beds were way too hard, construction going right out side our bedroom windows literally on the 2nd floor, their was nothing but cereal at breakfast, the rooms were dirty and the spray things for if their was a fire were rusted. For what we paid for I thought it would have been better, not to mention the room was wicked tiny. After reading peoples comments on here I was nervous to stay here especially with the price being so cheap. We LOVED it in fact we booked our next stay when we checked out today, my husband just had surgery 3 days ago and won't be able to travel home for our sons 4th birthday so I figured we would go there. The beds are better than the one I sleep on at home, their is a couch which is nice and it pulls out and is very comfortable. Has a microwave, mini fridge with freezer. The only two things I would complain about would be that the internet doesn't work with netflix via the Wii,and even if you have a do not disturb sign up they still clean it, the first day they didn't but the second day they did. Which in the end was nice. I would recommend this to friends and family. While whomever I talked to on the phone to make my first reservations did not speak much English once I got their to check in everyone spoke English so not sure what that's about. Breakfast has several choices healthy ones even.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

very nice hotel, clean and inexpensive, great for the Military families

Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

The inn at Fort Drum is wonderful. They are very supportive of military families, are friendly and respectful and our stay was the best! It meant alot to me to be able to stay on post where my son is and be so close to him. Plus, it was nice to be able to get a nice room at a very reasonable rate! A big THANK YOU to everyone at the Inn for making my visit to Fort Drum and New York even better than it already was!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Drum, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

BLUF: Don't stay there!
Very poor experience...in fact probably the worst experience I have had in all my travels. Let me explain.

Room itself: Looked like a motel 6 room (and not a good one). The TV looked as if it had not been cleaned, well, forever. The walls were very thin and our neighbor talking on the phone in his room sounded like he was in our room. The window came off it's track and would frost over in the morning. Then it would melt during the day and leave puddles of water on the heater.

Internet service: Only wireless is available and my room had horrible signal. It worked for 5 minutes then went down for 10-15. I complained to the front desk and they said I needed to move to the lobby for better signal or call the help desk. I called the help desk on multiple occasions and could not get to a real person to write a problem ticket. When I asked the front desk about this issue they said they know the government contractor for the service is horrible but they could not do anything about it.

Breakfast: average at best only because it was free

But the worst part of the stay was BUGS!!!!! yes I said BUGS. After the 4th night there I developed red, itchy bumps around my neck and shoulders. I thought this was an alergic reaction to something because I was the only one who had them. These continued to appear on my arms and legs as each day progressed. A couple days later my wife and 2 year old son started to get them too. This was my confirmation that this was not a rash or alergic reaction, but rather we were being feasted on at night. I again complained to the front desk and moved out to a local Bed and Breakfast. I stopped counting the bites after I reached 30 on my body.

If you are moving to or out of Fort Drum, find alternate temporary lodging. There are pleanty of other options that you can find. In watertown there are Hampton, Holiday inn express, Best Western, etc. There is a candlewood suites just outside the north gate and multiple bed and breakfasts around. (My B&B was actually cheaper than the Drum Inn and much better facilities and service) Also the Drum Inn is ussually booked at 100% capacity so if you "wait" too long to get a reservation then you probably won't get in and can get a statement of non-availability easily. This will increase your reimbersable amount for lodging from Finance.

Also be advised that as of 1 JAN 2010, TLE goes back to 10 days max.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Microtel Inn by Wyndham Calcium Near Fort Drum
The Inn at 81
The Inn at 81
#8 of 14 in Watertown

Been to IHG Army Hotels on Fort Drum, Fort Drum Inn? Share your experiences!