“Greetings from Storyland!”

Lana's The Little House
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Lana's The Little House Storybook English Cottage, complete with English Gardens. Open daily all year. Local and international guests visit for Tours, Gardens, Teas, Lodging, Tea Shop. A personalized "experience" -- not commercialized! Reservations required. Where tea junkies roam near Buffalo in Chautauqua since 2003. We focus on the art of great tea and proper preparation of great tea. Beginning July 22, 2018, we are available for lodging. Visit Lana's The Little House website for further details of this handcrafted treasure on 21 enchanting acres.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The high degree of insight, craftsmanship, and creativity combined with Lana's minute attention to decorative detail used to build Lana's The Little House makes for a whimsical, magical experience recollective of childhood fairy-tale stories. The comfy accommodations were above and beyond the highest of expectations, and Lana was a welcoming wealth of knowledge, information, and positive vibes. Waking up to a table set with scrumptious made-from-scratch breakfast scones and tarts, and Lana's own amazing specialty teas and warm coffee with delightful conversation was cozy, fun, and downright amazing.

All reviews
"childhood"
"art"
"grounds"

Reviewed May 14, 2018

My mom visited Lana's in 2012 and we have both been hooked on her high quality, delicious teas ever since. I finally had the opportunity to visit yesterday with her for Mother's Day. What a wonderful experience. Lana greeted us as if we had known her forever, and we felt like we were with an old friend rather than someone we had just met.

The history of the house and the tour came first. Enchanting - I wish I had a cottage like this for myself! We chose three teas, all delicious, but mom and I both agreed the Sweet Lilac was our favorite. I also left Lana's with a new green tea, Strawberry Cream.

I can't wait to visit again one day and introduce even more tea lovers to this wonderful place, perhaps in summer when the beautiful gardens are in bloom, although the grounds were quite lovely yesterday with the early spring flowering trees and trilliums making an appearance.

Highly recommended! Thank you so much for making our Mother's Day extra special this year, Lana!

Reviewed March 14, 2018

Fortunately the B&B we were staying at nearby recommended Lana's Little House, otherwise we would have never know about this little hidden gem. My wife and I spent a few hours with Lana learning about the house and enjoying a variety of tea and treats. (Unfortunately it was quite cold with a good bit of snow on the ground so we didn't have the chance to enjoy the garden) The atmosphere of the cottage is a perfect place to relax and sip some tea while having a conversation with Lana, who is very welcoming. I would recommend stopping at Lana's Little House to anyone in the area.

1  Thank Kurt R
Reviewed June 15, 2017

My Best Friend from my childhood and myself went to Lana's to celebrate our birthday(way too old to mention which one, but we are retired now!!!). We drove thru the trees, and saw the beautiful cottage, and we felt immediately at home. We got out of the car, and looked at the barn, and walked thru the arbor, saw the wishing well, the lake, the gardens, the bird houses, and finally made it to the door. Lana greeted us, and we felt like we had known her for years. We spent an absolutely awesome day with Lana, took our tour of her gorgeous cottage, poked our heads into every nook and cranny, held up her quilts, her tea pots, looked out each of her windows, stood on her porch, and talked her ear off and asked her questions. We even kidded Lana that we had picked out our beds upstairs because we felt so at home that we were moving home. We picked out our teas, Lana made us awesome sandwiches, scones and butter tarts. She put candles in our butter tarts and sang Happy Birthday to us. The food was absolutely divine. We learned the art of tea. We spent the whole afternoon there, and talked Lana's ear off. She took pictures of us, and we walked around the property after we ate because we were just stuffed. We came back in and shopped at the gift shop. I highly recommend Lana's The Little House to anybody. It is cozy, charming, and you can just feel the love. My friend and I plan to go back in the fall, and for our birthdays every year.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 21, 2016

I took a friend to visit Lana's Little House on Mother's Day. First, I met Lana the week before and we hit off so I thought what a great place to take my friend. I called Lana from my home in Michigan and made reservations for a private tea for my friend and I. Lana was a most gracious hostess, we were made to feel at home instantly upon arrival and the story of the house is very interesting. What a very neat little place and Lana was very clever to turn her home into a business. This was an experience we have talked about to all of our friends. We want to bring others with us.

1  Thank lovesfood13