All reviews the main house fire pit cold cuts other guests get away carriage house beautiful lake row boat pool table hot breakfast heated pool light lunch hiking trail catch and release bethel woods ping pong sullivan county
Reviewed July 9, 2018

This was our 2nd time staying here in as many years and I can't say enough about the property or the staff. The room was clean and extremely comfortable. The pool is spotless and the activities, row boats, kayaks, bicycles all just waiting to be used. If you like to fish but can't bring a rod with you, do as I did and go to Walmart and buy a cheap rig because the lake is loaded with bass that can't wait to jump on your lure (watermelon seed finesse worm with a 1/0 worm hook). The breakfast served every morning is as good as you'll find in any Monticello restaurant and you can enjoy the company of your fellow guests. Make sure you visit the Forestburgh Playhouse less 10 minutes away for an incredible production of a Broadway show that is so good you'll think you're in Manhattan.

Room Tip: All the rooms have sleep number beds, some have a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobinsRatings
rue119, Owner at Inn at Lake Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Thanks so much for your great review! We're especially glad you mentioned the Forestburgh Playhouse--it's a charmer that our guests love, and is so close to the Inn. Also glad you took advantage of the fishing in the lake. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 2, 2018

I was double billed for my stay. I sent 2 emails to Michelle that have gone unanswered. When I called and had a conversation I was briefed on their policies. The gentleman on the phone, Matt I believe, didn't care to listen to the fact that the card I reserved the room with, that was only used to hold the reservation, and the card I used at check out were both billed. I have had to put the charge on hold with my credit card company. They could have easily avoided this 1 star review by just returning an email.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
rue119, Owner at Inn at Lake Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2018

We're sorry for the misunderstanding with this guest. Unfortunately, we have been unable to find any emails from him regarding this issue. When he called, we explained that we had only gotten a preliminary authorization on the original card and that it would not be billed after he used another card to check out. Matt explained that we would have to have a phone number from his bank in order to clear the pre-authorization, but he hung up without giving us the information. Occasionally, when a guest uses two different cards, one to reserve and a different one to pay for his stay, the pre-authorization will continue to show up on the first credit card for a few days, but it drops off. We've been in business for over 30 years, and have an excellent reputation, as hundreds of other reviews show. We would never double bill a guest under any circumstances. We hope that this guest will acknowledge that he was charged correctly once his credit card company restores the credit limit on his original card.

Reviewed June 29, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed a morning swim each morning. The pool is conveniently located on the lawn behind the main house. It is beautifully maintained - clean and sparkling 82 degrees. Thanks Eric! It is a rectangle about 32 feet in length. Long enough for swimming and the steps and ladder do not interfere with swimming corner-to-corner for extra length. The setting is lovely. Pool towels provided. I was the only swimmer. The Inn was not very busy when I was there, but even on a busy weekend, there are not so many rooms that I imagine it is ever difficult to find a good time for a swim.

Room Tip: I enjoyed being in the main house and just walking outside to the pool or down the steps for breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
rue119, Owner at Inn at Lake Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Thanks, Andy--we're so glad you enjoyed the pool. Hope you got some time at the lake, as well!

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

Just got back from our 3rd trip to this home away from home. We unexpectedly had to bring the kids - the innkeepers were gracious and helpful. While it's better suited for a couples trip, the pool, kayaking, fire pit and nearby Bethel kept the whole family busy.

Love the hammocks lying around the property, the pristine private lake, and the delicious breakfast.

Perfect balance - amenities of a resort with the intimacy of a bed and breakfast (big enough to feel like you can do your own thing, small enough to be charming).

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent a relaxing weekend here to celebrate our 30th anniversary. The Inn at Lake Joseph exceeded every expectation!! The room was spectacular. Although a bit cold in April we took out the kayaks on the beautiful lake. We also enjoyed a hike in their well marked trails. I would love to return with my family for a getaway.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
rue119, Owner at Inn at Lake Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Thanks for your great review. We're so happy you enjoyed your anniversary weekend, and look forward to seeing you and your family soon. The lake is just right for kayaking--you can see so much wildlife, from turtles and fish to eagles overhead!