“Steak is super delicious, service is great read the fine print on the early bird specials though”
Review of Santa Fe Steakhouse - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Santa Fe Steakhouse
Cuisines: Southwestern, Steakhouse
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went here for my husband's birthday since we're locals. The ambiance is Southwestern and the decor is pretty nice. It's a good place to go when you want to have a nice dinner but don't won't to spend a great deal. The portions are a nice size. The steak is made to order and is usually cooked just right. I recommend the steak fajitas as they are super tender and it's the biggest bang for your buck. They have some nice early bird specials but you have to read the fine print. They tend to change the menu frequently without notice and it's a little dissapointing when you're a regular and you get a waiter who doesn't know the menu. Other than that, it's worth the visit and the service is good.

2  Thank richmondhillmom

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

In today's world you have to see what your competition is doing. The owner of this place apparently is not. I went there for something light not too many calories. The least expensive item was a almost $14. Hamburger, which i purchased with an almost $4. Refillable soda. The hamburger was dry and bread slightly stale. Not very good for a pub burger. Then i had to leave a tip say $3.
It cost me apx $21 for a hamburger and a coke that was not that good. Felt so ripped off. Maybe that's why no one was in the place!

1  Thank 718sullivan
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Where to start. Salad had moldy lettuce in it, and had to be returned. Steak was very dry and unchewable. Absolutely not worth the price. Service was extremely slow, even though there were few people around for dinner. Music was blasting, virtually unable to hear dinner conversation. Had to ask for music to be lowered, which it was for 5 minutes before returning to loud level. Extremely disappointed. Had known owner before, sad to see how much this place has deteriorated over the past year. Avoid.

1  Thank yorikiri_from_nyc
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have been to this restaurant a few times with my family and my husband. There has never been a wait when we have gone and the servers were friendly and took care of everything we needed. The prices can be a little high but the portions are enormous and the food is tasty and fresh. They have a good amount of variety because it has all of the things that you would find in a steakhouse (steak, chicken, seafood), but you can also go the Tex Mex way and opt for things like enchiladas or quesadillas. Overall, a nice evening out with good food, service and plenty of seating for patrons.

2  Thank Karen C
Reviewed June 27, 2012

At about 10:15 am two Saturday's ago, I got a call at home from an old friend. Kevin was at JFK, on his way back to Montreal from Brazil, and he had an eight hour layover. Twenty minutes later, he was at our place. Hadn't seen him in years.

I decided to treat him to SANTA FE STEAKHOUSE for lunch since, in addition to being nearby, it has a fun, Tex-Mex chain-restaurant atmosphere without actually being a chain restaurant. My wife declined to join us, which allowed us to engage in "guy-talk".

We both ordered the "Early Bird Special" for $21.95: soup or salad; a small loaf of bread; a choice of main course (6 oz. steak; BBQ ribs; chicken breast; or, for $2 more, salmon); and, for dessert, ice cream or cheesecake. The early bird special is valid Saturdays until 4 pm and weekdays 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm, but be warned that the sign said, "Limited Time Offer".

Kevin and I made the same choices: salad, steak with mashed potatoes, and cheesecake. To drink, we each had Coors Light draft for $4.50.

The food was good, although the steak was as small as you would expect a 6 oz. steak to be. (The smallest steak on their regular menu is actually 8 oz.) The small loaf of bread was warm so you could melt butter on it. We both had a second glass of draft.

Sante Fe was a good place to have a good meal with a good old friend at a good price. But, with regards to price, if you order off the regular menu, Santa Fe can be overpriced in my opinion. For example, the 8 oz. steak is, if I remember correctly, about $18 or $19, and the cheesecake is priced at $9.95. I would give this place less than four stars if I had ordered individual items from the menu and paid full price.