“Good price for unique burgers”
Review of Bareburger

Bareburger
Ranked #3 of 201 Restaurants in Forest Hills
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Tried the Elk burger (yep -real elk meat!). Good food when they get it right. I asked for no hot-sauce and onions on my burger. Had to take it back twice.
Other than that, good food and hangout spot.

1  Thank Canadianliberty

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have to rave about the lunch I just had: They have an amazing lunch special which includes their basic Bareburger which includes an organic beef patty (you can also chooose lamb, bison, black bean burger, or ostrich!), colby cheese, organic lettuce, tomato and red onion on either a brioche or on the toasted fresh baked whole grain bun which I had and enjoyed thoroughly. You can choose either french fries of their organic, pesticide free salad which was perfectly fresh and delicious and a light dressing. I had their homemade iced tea which has hints of fruity flavor in it too. I really can't be happier with my selection. I highly recommend this place. All the decor is also made with responsible woods, cork, etc. The napkins are made of recycled paper. You can eat here without guilt.

1  Thank RGeist
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Craving a juicy burger, but have a herbivore tagging along? You're in luck! Cool atmosphere, good beer selection, and a menu with several clearly labeled vegan options. (There's even melty "cheddar cheese"... Daiya?... for your black bean burger!).

1  Thank Iszlette
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Ok, this review is actually for the Bareburger in Bayside, Queens, located on Bell Blvd. I couldn't find it in the search area.

My buddy and I went there a few weeks ago and had to wait about 20 minutes. If you know Bell Blvd, there are more than enough things to do to keep you busy until your table is ready. Hostess was very friendly as were all of the wait staff. The place has a really cool atmosphere. I had the Western (Bison) Burger and the onion rings. The entire meal was delictious. Burger was juicy and the onion rings were perfect. I don't recall which burger my buddy had, but, seeing as it was devoured in minutes, I'd say he enjoyed it as well. Upon leaving, I ordered a chocolate shake. That was also delicious and very filling.

I will absolutely go back.

1  Thank frankieb6024
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Wow! Reading through the comments from the New Yorkers here just re-enforce typical stereotypes about New Yorkers! "It's too packed! It's not packed enough! My chair wasn't comfortable! The server didn't ask if I wanted another beer!" Seriously?!?!? To me, what matters the most at a restaurant is good food, good service, and good ambiance, and you get all that AND MORE here at Bareburger. Okay - it may not be the BEST that NY has to offer, but it's PERFECT for a relaxed bite with friends or alone. The place is adorable. It was not packed when I went on a Wednesday afternoon, but the fact that a place gets packed can only mean that it's doing something right! I ordered the ostrich burger, and my party split some fries and onion rings. The sides were not too greasy (as they tend to be), and the quality of the ostrich was SUPERB! For the QUALITY that you get, it is WELL WORTH IT! One pays a bit more for organic food - this should be a given right?

2  Thank ughughCO