“Love at first sight/bite!”

Fly Creek Cider Mill & Orchard
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Fly Creek
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Historic, water-powered cider mill on the banks of Fly Creek pressing fresh, sweet cider for more than 160 years minutes from Cooperstown, NY. Experience the Mill Marketplace's daily tasting of over 40 specialty foods including fresh mill~made fudge, mill~aged extra-sharp cheddar cheese, salsa, apple wines and hard ciders. Tour the Mill and relax on the Mill pond observation deck with a farm-fresh delicious lunch.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Love at first sight/bite!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

This place is do utterly fantastic, I would actually buy a house nearby just to go there every day! I've been there twice, once in the Spring, and then in the Fall.
The staff are just as delightful as the food! The fact that they offer free samples of darn near everything is fantastic, as I often decline to buy something based on the idea I may not like it. All the produce, baked goods, and other goodies are so good, I'd have to write a book to describe them all.
This place is a must to visit!

Visited October 2012

Gloversville, New York
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“A Delightful Diversion”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was a side trip after a visit to one of the local museums. It was given a "must see" rating by a family member, so we headed there.
Upon entering the store we were greeted and given a general view of the place, then told to have a good look around. Another staff member told us to make sure we sampled everything that was available to sample--which we did. They have a nice selection of sauces, dips, cheeses, cookies...a good cross-section of their inventory--set out for all to try. We did check out most of it--and had to get some of the cookies because they were so good. We also got some of the fudge after sample several of their varieties.
We enjoyed listening to the historical information about the cider industry and the history of the mill along with reading the wall-mounted information panels. It was some nice local history.
We spent about an hour there, ending our visit with a cup of coffee and some cider at their cafe, which had some attractive menu offerings.
It's a nice place to visit with something for all ages.

Visited September 2013
Central NY State
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nature, Animals, Food, History and Fun- All in One!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been here quite a few times and every time that I go, I still enjoy it like it was the first time!
The animals in the back of the Mill are so much fun to feed. There are ducks, geese, chicken and turkeys. Lots to see on the premises of the Mill/Orchard. Little tidbits on history of the place, apples, bees, etc. The cafe and bakery has great food, mmmm yum. The market has all kinds of delicious products, from apples to crackers, to chocolate, to pies, to doughnuts, to dips, to sauces, to cider and much more. Its a really lovely place. I don't want to spoil the fun and tell all about it but bring a camera, a hungry tummy and a smile!

Visited September 2013
Schoharie, New York
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Friendly staff, excellent food and drink”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Not sure what I was going to expect going to the cider mill. The only other cider mill I have been to is Weston's in England. They are a big cider producer and you get a full tour of their really cool factory. Fly Creek cider mill is very different. It's more of a tourist destination and part time cider maker. That said the shop is full of delicious things to try, and lots of excellent wines and ciders to sample. I am always a bit surprised why, if you're going to all the trouble of pressing apples, you don't carry on the process and make all the cider into what I would call proper cider (alcoholic). Their cider (the hard stuff, not the apple juice) was pretty good. Very light in flavour not too sweet. I see on their labels that the cider is made in Warwick, NY. I'm curious to see if it is made in the same place as Doc's cider, probably the best cider I've had in the US. (The best cider in the world BTW is Henry Westons Vintage cider).

Visited August 2013
Atlanta
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“I missed the apples!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Visited with family including 2 year old granddaughter. There was much for her to do. They have a little playground and ducks that you can feed. The outdoor cafe was quite nice and , of course, they have a store. Bought cider, apple wine, and apple ale. The apple slush was very good. Last year's apple crop failed so there weren't any apples! The new crop should be there now. If you want apples, call to make sure they have them. It was a pleasant visit anyway.

Visited August 2013