“Good location at the center of Flushing”

Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Reviewed June 12, 2010

After over 10 years lived in NY, the family relocated to Boston due to a new job. We visit NY about 3 or 4 times a year and we love to stay in the Sheraton LaGuardia. The room is always nice and clean and the parking is open 24 hours if we need the car. That is all we need for a weekend get away. However, there is only 2 things I would like to point out. One is the A/C, it is so noisy and I have to turn it off before I go to bed. But sometimes I will wake up because the room become too warm. Second is the room is a little small. Other than these, it is a good hotel at the good location.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed May 23, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a family trip but I had absolutely no sleep. When my husband and I both laid down on the bed, not only could we feel the coils of the mattress, we felt the mattress divet. Apart from the mattress falling apart, the sheets and towels were very clean and the carpet in the room was pretty clean (since I spent a night on the floor). Well, at least the massage here is very inexpensive.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2010

My husband and I stayed over night while picking up our daughter from St. John's University. We were very impressed with the cleanliness of this hotel. The bed was very comfortable. The parking garage was a breeze. We plan on staying here for all of our future NY trips!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2010

My husband, two of my adult children and I recently visited Queens for my aunt's birthday. Since there are few, if any, hotels in Forest Hills, we chose the Sheraton because of its upscale reputation. We were very pleased with the service, including the valet parking at an inside lot ($36/2 days), where we were given priority treatment as guests, despite a major event (culinary arts show?) occuring at the hotel. We requested rooms near one another and were given two adjoining, connected rooms, perfect for our needs. The beds were comfortable, linens and towels were of excellent quality, and there was very little hotel noise except for being able to hear conversations in the bathroom, through the vent. The neighborhood was very interesting, many Chinese stores and restaurants; walking around was like being in an exotic location, right in Queens! We had a delicious dinner at Joe's Shanghai, recommended by the wonderful front desk staff. The only negative I should mention was that the breakfast we had was way overpriced and not included in the room cost. When we asked for nearby coffee shops, we were told that the only breakfast within walking distance was a selection of fast food places (i.e. Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, Burger King) which is not our preferance. Other than that minor item we highly recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Only a few minutes (10) from LGA. Was not expecting it to be in the middle of Chinatown; not what I would expect from an 'airport' hotel, but nice nonetheless. Checkin was easy and fast. Nice asian flare to the hotel in the lobby and even hallways. There is easy access to the subway to get to Manahattan. There was an onsite Chinese restaurant and asian 'mall' inside. Love the starbucks coffee in the room. Nice large flatscreen TV, and I love the Sweet Sleeper beds. Always have a good sleep on them. Shuttle to airport was easy; runs on 1/2 hour.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank EfficientTraveler
Reviewed April 23, 2010

My family stayed in this hotel for 4 nights last March 25 to 29. We choose this hotel since we wanted to be near La Guardia Airport and also near Manhattan, New York. The hotel design is more asian since this hotel is in Flushing, New York - one of the two chinatown in New York. Location was convenient since it is only a 2 minute walk to the subway station which you can ride the train (7 route Train) directly to Manhattan. It is also a 10 minute drive to La Guardia Airport which the hotel offers free Airport to Hotel to Airport Shuttle Service. There are many Asian Food you can find within the Hotel Area. Convenience Stores and Shopping are also near. The price of the hotel is way more cheaper than Hotels located in Manhattan. The rooms are newly renovated. I find this hotel a great value if you want to go to New York.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank PhilippineTraveler
Reviewed March 20, 2010

The hotel is a few minutes drive from LaGuardia and is in the China Town of Queens. The hotel is Asian style and it's clear where most of the guests come from - the free newspaper in the hotel was in Chinese. It's an OK place and runs the airport shuttle too infrequently. The neighborhood is all Chinese, but there is a Malaysian restaurant around the corner that is first-rate.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business