“Price, Location, and Convenience perfect for this stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Skokie, IL
“Price, Location, and Convenience perfect for this stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We were looking for a good price and convenience and found it at the Sheraton LaGuardia. The rooms are comfortable and as previous reviews, we found the staff very friendly. Pick-up and drop off a LaGuardia an added bonus.
If you like to use the NYC MTA, the 7 train is a half a block away out the back door. The Long Island Rail is about a bock and a half. Even though we did not use it, a bus to Foxwood (for 12.50) is next to the stairs of the Long Island Rail.
Surprised to see us in the middle of Flushing's China Town. We did not take advantage of this treat, but I am sure we will next time.
Plan 35 minutes on the 7 to Times Square on the Express Train, otherwise about an hour.

Room Tip: I had read away from the elevators - I think that is a good suggestion. They are a bit noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Postman83
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Postman83,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient. I also appreciate all of the details you included in your review regarding the transportation options that are nearby the hotel. It is easy for our hotel to put that information on our website, however, when a guest shares their experience traveling around from the hotel it is a better way to deliver the information.

I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Ed S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Our family had a great stay at Sheraton Laguardia and were most satisfied by the wonderful staff at this hotel! After being informed by SPG.com that they cannot guarantee adjoining rooms (we have younger children), I reached out to the hotel directly. Ed the GM was quick to help and directed me to Sylvia who not only confirmed the adjoining rooms but upgraded one to a suite to better accomodate the extra cot needed. That is truly superior customer service and I commend both Ed & Sylvia for being so responsive and accomodating.
The stay itself was a true pleasure. The lobby,rooms, and facilities were very nice and well-maintained - with an exotic feel. We appreciated the proximity to the subway, railroad, and great local, ethnic shopping (including the new mall within 5 min. walk - with Chuck E. Cheese for the kids, you can't go wrong...!) As SPG Gold members, we welcomed and made the most of the late check-out option.
Thanks again to the hotel management for providing a great experience!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear ZSK,

Wow, what a wonderful review. Thank you. I am happy that we were able to accommodate your request and that you and your family enjoyed the property and the surrounding neighborhood. I like that new mall as well.

Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program and I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed here five nights in December. I was pretty satisfied with the hotel, and really loved the interesting location. The building is right in Flushing Chinatown in Queens, which means terrific late-night walks through the lively neighbourhood.

The hotel itself is OK: clean, good friendly staff. The room we stayed in could definitely be called a bit worn and dated, but overall we were happy with our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jpdaigle
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Jpdaigle,

I am pleased to hear that you were happy with your stay at our hotel and I appreciate you taking the time to post a review. In response to you comment regarding the room being a bit worn I wanted to share with you that we are in the process of updating the property. We recently completed the guest hallways and in 2014 will be focusing on the guestrooms. Hopefully on your next visit to our property you will notice the improvements.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Room was ok, service ok, food ok. Used toilet at midnight, worst experience ever! It overflowed and whole bathroom floor was covered in 2 inches of water. Had maintenance cleaning and fixing, not a good time, especially when told it happened the other day! Staff who assisted were great though. Close to Main Street train station and quick to Manhattan.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Savvytraveller1978,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had a challenge with the bathroom facilities in your room during your stay. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I have forwarded this information onto my engineering team who will incorporate it in their review of their preventative maintenance program. I am, however, please to hear that the staff was responsive.

I hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the future.

General Manager.
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

The Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel was a nice stay. This was my first time staying outside of the city, but the location was fantastic. It's 1 block to the nearest subway. The staff was very friendly and very attentive to our needs. The rooms were clean and very spacious. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shameka M
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Shameka M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our property, location and that your interactions with our team were positive. It is great to hear that you would definitely stay here again and we look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest again soon.

With Warm regards,

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

This was just weird. I was looking for a LaGuardia airport location and this bills itself as "LaGuardia East" and since it's a Sheraton/Starwood I took it. But it's nothing like what you'd expect. First - it's like 5 miles away from the airport - so that shouldn't be billed as an airport location. Then you get off the shuttle and you are transported to this Asian-land. Literally everything around it is Asian - the restaurants, the shops, the people. I felt like a foreigner. The hotel itself is in the middle of an Asian marketplace - continuing the weird; the room was fine and the Starwood lounge comfortable. But the "weird" overshadows and I won't stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank truthbetold_10
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Truthbetold_10,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. While I am pleased that you found the accommodations fine and the lounge comfortable, it is unfortunate you did not feel the same for our surrounding neighborhood. I can, though, appreciate and respect that not everyone’s preferences are the same.

While it is disappointing to hear that you would not stay here again my hopes are that you would still consider stay at one of our many other properties in the Starwood Brand.

Ed S
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

This hotel property takes you in a sort of a Chinatown. In my opinion this property should not be a starwood. The service is lacking, the hotel is not clean, the location is dubious, spg recognition is non-existent. It is like an Asian bazaar.
It is not too far from the airport (3 miles), but it is not a real airport property. A positive is the shuttle to LaGuardia airport. I will probably never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TonicTravelAmeniti
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear ToniCTravelAmeniti,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. All feedback, both positive and not so positive, is welcomed. We share and review this feedback as part of our ongoing effort to improve our services.