“Beware the toilet!”

Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
“Beware the toilet!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Room was ok, service ok, food ok. Used toilet at midnight, worst experience ever! It overflowed and whole bathroom floor was covered in 2 inches of water. Had maintenance cleaning and fixing, not a good time, especially when told it happened the other day! Staff who assisted were great though. Close to Main Street train station and quick to Manhattan.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Savvytraveller1978,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had a challenge with the bathroom facilities in your room during your stay. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I have forwarded this information onto my engineering team who will incorporate it in their review of their preventative maintenance program. I am, however, please to hear that the staff was responsive.

I hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the future.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel was a nice stay. This was my first time staying outside of the city, but the location was fantastic. It's 1 block to the nearest subway. The staff was very friendly and very attentive to our needs. The rooms were clean and very spacious. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shameka M
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Shameka M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our property, location and that your interactions with our team were positive. It is great to hear that you would definitely stay here again and we look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest again soon.

With Warm regards,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This was just weird. I was looking for a LaGuardia airport location and this bills itself as "LaGuardia East" and since it's a Sheraton/Starwood I took it. But it's nothing like what you'd expect. First - it's like 5 miles away from the airport - so that shouldn't be billed as an airport location. Then you get off the shuttle and you are transported to this Asian-land. Literally everything around it is Asian - the restaurants, the shops, the people. I felt like a foreigner. The hotel itself is in the middle of an Asian marketplace - continuing the weird; the room was fine and the Starwood lounge comfortable. But the "weird" overshadows and I won't stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank truthbetold_10
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Truthbetold_10,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. While I am pleased that you found the accommodations fine and the lounge comfortable, it is unfortunate you did not feel the same for our surrounding neighborhood. I can, though, appreciate and respect that not everyone’s preferences are the same.

While it is disappointing to hear that you would not stay here again my hopes are that you would still consider stay at one of our many other properties in the Starwood Brand.

Ed S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This hotel property takes you in a sort of a Chinatown. In my opinion this property should not be a starwood. The service is lacking, the hotel is not clean, the location is dubious, spg recognition is non-existent. It is like an Asian bazaar.
It is not too far from the airport (3 miles), but it is not a real airport property. A positive is the shuttle to LaGuardia airport. I will probably never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TonicTravelAmeniti
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear ToniCTravelAmeniti,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. All feedback, both positive and not so positive, is welcomed. We share and review this feedback as part of our ongoing effort to improve our services.

Edmonton,AB
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We booked the hotel as it seemed close to the Red Hook Cruise Port in Brooklyn. Upon arrival in LaGuardia, we phoned the hotel and they immediately sent their shuttle to pick us up. When we first pulled up to the hotel, we were a little taken aback by the location - right in the heart of Chinatown! But the staff were very welcoming, helped us book a car for the next day's trip to the cruiseport and upgraded our room because of our Loyalty card. The room was large, quiet and I really liked the chaise lounge chair in the room. We did go out and walk around the area as we had been assured it was a very safe and we did feel comfortable. There was a nearby mall (with a Macy's!) and lots of places to eat.
If we were to sail out of Brooklyn again, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Frenchtravellers77,

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments. It’s always great to hear that our guests enjoyed themselves during their travels. To hear that you would definitely stay here again is simply the icing on the cake.

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night for a Wedding in the area. Very nice and friendly staff. Location wise is excellent..near many cheap local chinese food locations. Overall would stay again. Only drawback was had to stop by with credit card info before the stay ..maybe because we booked multiple rooms..but still an inconvenience as already previously faxed info and was not too happy about sending sensitive info this way.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank FlushingJoe
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear FlushingJoe,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with our services and our location. With regards to having to fax in your credit card details I can appreciate your concern. It is not our normal policy to accept that information via fax and I am addressing our team to assure that we do not deviate from protocol which is to only accept credit card payment/details in advance through a secured website link. I appreciate you brining this to my attention.

I look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

United States
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I like this hotel. It is conveniently located in downtown Flushing - the back door (open until 10 PM) is steps away from the 7 Train Main Street Station. It is a good value if you want to escape the high prices of Manhattan, want to explore a different part of NYC and don't mind the distance to Manhattan.

The staff is efficient. The free shuttle to/from LGA runs efficiently.

The area is diverse - most of the businesses cater to the Chinese (China, Taiwan, Hong Kong) population in the area. Lots of Chinese restaurants and supermarkets around. It is essentially one of NYC's Chinatowns. Hotel has lots of Chinese speaking staff and provides Chinese TV and newspaper.

The room is nice sized and in good shape.

The hotel lets SPG Gold members use the executive lounge. The morning and evening offerings are OK. The lounge is due to renovated in November as I was told to have new furniture and better layout. The lounge side (even numbered rooms) have views of the planes taking off/landing at LaGuardia and the bridges (Triborough, Whitestone and Throgsneck). The staff at the lounge are not very consistent - some are super friendly but others don't see so much.

The hallways were renovaated this year.

My biggest problem with this hotel is the noise from the hallways. It is a small hotel and the elevator is not indented. So, not only you hear the elevator Dings a lot, you also hear other guests talking / laughing in the hallways and the doors slamming well into the night. Amazingly, outside noise - even planes taking off/landing at near-by LaGuardia, is not an issue.

Green Features: Room has recycle bin and partipates in SPG Green Choice!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Want2GoHome,

It is a nice feeling to read a review that starts with “I like this hotel”. I appreciate all of your feedback and that you took the time to post it on TripAdvisor, Thank You. Our team is diligently looking into your comments regarding the doors slamming and I have reached out to our elevator contractor to see if there is any way to reduce the audible “dings” from the elevators.

I am glad that you noticed the improvements we are making to the property and will continue to make as we strive to provide the best of product, service and value.

I look forward to having you as our guest again soon.