“Nice Hotel in the heart of Flushing”

Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
“Nice Hotel in the heart of Flushing”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night for a Wedding in the area. Very nice and friendly staff. Location wise is excellent..near many cheap local chinese food locations. Overall would stay again. Only drawback was had to stop by with credit card info before the stay ..maybe because we booked multiple rooms..but still an inconvenience as already previously faxed info and was not too happy about sending sensitive info this way.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank FlushingJoe
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear FlushingJoe,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with our services and our location. With regards to having to fax in your credit card details I can appreciate your concern. It is not our normal policy to accept that information via fax and I am addressing our team to assure that we do not deviate from protocol which is to only accept credit card payment/details in advance through a secured website link. I appreciate you brining this to my attention.

I look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Ed S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
United States
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I like this hotel. It is conveniently located in downtown Flushing - the back door (open until 10 PM) is steps away from the 7 Train Main Street Station. It is a good value if you want to escape the high prices of Manhattan, want to explore a different part of NYC and don't mind the distance to Manhattan.

The staff is efficient. The free shuttle to/from LGA runs efficiently.

The area is diverse - most of the businesses cater to the Chinese (China, Taiwan, Hong Kong) population in the area. Lots of Chinese restaurants and supermarkets around. It is essentially one of NYC's Chinatowns. Hotel has lots of Chinese speaking staff and provides Chinese TV and newspaper.

The room is nice sized and in good shape.

The hotel lets SPG Gold members use the executive lounge. The morning and evening offerings are OK. The lounge is due to renovated in November as I was told to have new furniture and better layout. The lounge side (even numbered rooms) have views of the planes taking off/landing at LaGuardia and the bridges (Triborough, Whitestone and Throgsneck). The staff at the lounge are not very consistent - some are super friendly but others don't see so much.

The hallways were renovaated this year.

My biggest problem with this hotel is the noise from the hallways. It is a small hotel and the elevator is not indented. So, not only you hear the elevator Dings a lot, you also hear other guests talking / laughing in the hallways and the doors slamming well into the night. Amazingly, outside noise - even planes taking off/landing at near-by LaGuardia, is not an issue.

Green Features: Room has recycle bin and partipates in SPG Green Choice!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Want2GoHome,

It is a nice feeling to read a review that starts with “I like this hotel”. I appreciate all of your feedback and that you took the time to post it on TripAdvisor, Thank You. Our team is diligently looking into your comments regarding the doors slamming and I have reached out to our elevator contractor to see if there is any way to reduce the audible “dings” from the elevators.

I am glad that you noticed the improvements we are making to the property and will continue to make as we strive to provide the best of product, service and value.

I look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel was good but somewhat ordinarily. Clean room. Helpful staff. Nice little lobby bar. Good breakfast. The bed was OK, not as comfortable as it could have been and the A/C very noisy. In fact, I prefer to have my bedroom rather chilly, and since we are at the end of October, opening the window would have been better than having to run the A/C - but they where not openable.

I still give the hotel a 5 rating for the location. It was just like making a trip to China or Hong Kong. The entire neighborhood is more Chinese than N.Y. Chinatown; walking around, the only English language signs I saw was the street signs. Restaurant menus where Chinese only. Great experience!

But I met a couple in the elevator who where scared by the unfamiliarity of the surroundings. For them this trip to "China" was as surprising as it was unwelcome.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Psjofors,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the staff helpful. I apologize that you found your AC to be noisy. I have forwarded your feedback to our engineering team to follow up on during their daily maintenance program. I would agree that our neighborhood is very dynamic and I am glad you enjoyed the experience.

I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon.

San Dimas, California
Reviewed October 24, 2013

LOCATION (minutes away from La Guardia Airport via free shuttle), LOCATION (a couple minutes walk to the MTA station from the hotel’s secondary entrance; the morning and afternoon express trains quicken the trip to and from Manhattan), LOCATION (surrounded by a wide variety of excellent Asian restaurants). Plus these excellent values: room rate substantially lower that a comparable Manhattan hotel; well maintained, clean hotel and room with very comfortable beds; convenient, reasonably price excellent breakfast buffet; highly professional, courteous helpful staff. Equals a top notch hotel establishment. Nice way to end our Northeast motoring tour, leaf peeping through Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, visiting Boston and spending the last three days in NYC.

1 Thank 1holoholokane
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear 1holoholokane,
Wow what a wonderful review. Thank you for all of the positive feedback and for endorsing our hotel. Most importantly is that you enjoyed the property, the services and our location. I am glad that your stay was a positive way to end your travels around the northeast.
I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon.

Ed S.

P.S. I love viewing the fall foliage in upstate NY and New England. I heard this year was fantastic.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I did not know what to expect when we got to this hotel. I thought it was interesting how it was located in the middle of Chinatown. But that's what I loved about it! With the exception of their poor "free" WiFi connection, everything was great: the service, the location, easy access to the subway and especially their free shuttle to LaGuardia! I will definitely come back here...hopefully their WiFi will be better.

1 Thank Maria M
Dear Maria M,

It is always great to hear that someone enjoyed their stay and that they will “definitely” come back. That is a great motivator to not only me but our entire team to continue striving to deliver the best of services and value. Thank you for sharing your experience. I am looking into ways we can improve our complimentary Wi-Fi. Hopefully on your next visit you will notice a difference and be completely satisfied with your stay.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Wisconsin
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very clean hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Shuttle to LaGuardia nice. One block away from subway. End of the line on route 7, about 30 minutes to get into the City. Took over an hour to get to Coney Island. TV not in HD, creating a poor picture. We got breakfast in the morning, which was very good. Only real problem it's a long way from central Park, etc.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mlewis1
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Nlewis1,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am happy that you enjoyed our hotel, our services and that our associates created a positive experience for you.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The good- spacious rooms, good service, airport shuttle
The bad- 15 minute ride to hotel from LGA, taxes and fees took rate to $350 a night INSANE, room service stops at 11:00 pm, hotel in Ktown, hotel outdated in very commercial area.
In summary- prob best hotel in area, overpriced and very commercial area

1 Thank Rs91568
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Rs91568,

Thank you for writing a review and posting it on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is valuable to us. We utilize all feedback to see what we are doing well and where we need to direct our focus on improving as we continually strive to provide the best services.

I hope we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future.