“wedding venue outstanding”

Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Reviewed July 24, 2012

attended a wedding in the main ballroom,service, food, decorations, music,
was outstanding, nothing to complain about, a seamless experience.
according to the family a very reasonable cost too!
parking downstairs inside hotel very low in comparison to outside places.
every staff member at this facility was pleasant and helpful at all times, obviously
screened and trained prior to working for sure.
i would love to come back here anytime...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank norita06
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Norita06,

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments. It is always great to hear that the guests attending a wedding at our property enjoyed themselves. A wedding is a very important day not only for the wedding couple but all of the family and guests as well. I am happy that our team was an important part of your positive experience. They take a lot of pride crafting lasting memories and I will personally share your feedback with the entire Banquet team.

I hope we have the opportunity to have you back at our property in the future.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I've stayed here 4 separate times, most recently in June 2012. It's not close to LGA, but there is a free airport shuttle which comes to get you when you call the hotel. Don't try taking a cab from LGA here, since the cabbies have no idea where this place is. The shuttles are prompt, and the drivers are terrific, but the traffic is pretty horrendous. The hotel is decorated in Chinese style, including VERY uncomfortable benches in the lobby. Check in and check out was easy. No minibar or fridge in the room, which was limiting. The elevators are slow. The gym has been recently renovated and is very well equipped and free, though you access the 7th floor by going down to the lobby and taking another set of elevators to the 7th floor. The gym is on a banquet hall/meeting room floor, so you can feel quite out of place in sweaty gym clothes when surrounded by wedding guests. The rooms are a good size for New York, and the beds are super comfortable with good linens and nice pillows. The TV offers many chinese-language stations, catering to the Asian clientele. Don't bother eating in the expensive hotel restaurant--step out of the door and go 1 block in either direction and find a place with a long line, full of happy Asian diners and join them.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alice M
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear ADMA,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our property and I am happy to hear that you have been a guest of ours on more than one occasion. We certainly appreciate your patronage and feedback. Your comments are quite helpful as we continually review our product and services looking for ways to improve.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here after our flight was cancelled due to weather. The price was outrageous for a Sheraton in this area. The room was clean, beds were ok but at these prices should have better than plastic wrapped glasses. We were on a floor that had a lounge and the continental breakfast was no better than a budget hotel with no tables to sit at.
Wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear TravellingSusan,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor. Your comments whether positive or negative are a vital part of our review process as we continually strive to provide excellent service and accommodations. It is unfortunate that your stay here was less than satisfactory and I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly to see how I may be able to rebuild your confidence in our property and the Sheraton Brand. Please contact me at hotelmanager@sheratonlaguardia.com. Please provide me your contact details and the best time to reach you.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

I was very concerned about bedbugs and very carefully choose this hotel . Clean and no bed bug worries. Staff very friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank marknbeverly

Dear Marknbeverly,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased to hear that you were comfortable during your stay and that you were at ease with our accommodations and staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2012

First, this is nowhere cose to the airport, exepct at least 25-30 minute wait for the shuttle, plus a 20 minute trip to the hotel. Total time wasted almost 1 hr after arrival. What I found wrong:
1- Very loud A/C making explosion noises avery 30 seconds, impossible to sleep through, but on a hot summer night, impossible to leave off.
2- Tiny moldy bathroom
3- No power outlets for electronics, except for 1 on the lamp, very out of touch with modern needs.
4- The hotel lobby and most areas smell very strongly of Oriental food, like being in a fast good Chinese restaurant, no offense to people who like this, but not what you would expect from a Sheraton
5- There were only 2 elevators, one did not work
6- The room decor is old and worn out, and definitively very tailored to Oriental decor, again, ok if you like this, but *very* different than other Sheraton's in the US
7- Expensive for the location its at, basically the same price as staying at the Sheraton in Times Square. Definitively *not* worth the money
8- The Sheraton club has extremely limited selection for Breakfast and is very small

The only positive I found was that the front desk staff was friendly

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank epg_01
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Dear Epg_01,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments. All feedback, whether positive or negative, are welcomed tools we utilize in our continual efforts to deliver a high level of service and value to our guests.

I am disappointed to read your comments detailing the dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for all of the inconveniences you encountered. Although I cannot assure that everyone will enjoy our unique Asian décor I can do my best to assure our guests that everything will be clean, in good working order and services are timely. It is unfortunate that is not what you experienced. Our Director of Facilities, Director of Housekeeping and Front Office Manager are diligently looking into the matter.

I welcome the opportunity to speak to you directly regarding the challenges you experienced so I can review all of the details in an effort to prevent similar issues from re-occurring. Please contact me directly at hotelmanager@sheratonlaguardia.com and provide me your contact details including the best time to reach you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

This is NY, so free wifi and airport shuttle is a nice surprise. Obviously, this is not Manhattan so if you dream of Broadway shows and Central Park, just pony up for Manhattan. If that's not so important, it's a block from the subway to get you to the tourist locales.

This is a bustling Chinatown or Koreatown with the pros and cons that go with that. Tons of great Asian food but the messiness of many markets.

The rooms are typical of a business class hotel. I stay here once a month and have always gotten clean well appointed rooms. I load up on Asian snacks each time to bring back to the children.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank section
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Dear Section,

I am happy to hear that we have consistently met your expectations and that you are pleased with our amenities and service. Thank you for posting your review and we look forward to having you visit us again.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Free pick up from the airport. We use starwood membership we were at the top floor 16th. The Club house was great- internet, TV, free food and drinks. The club house staff gives very good service. The location was good for chinese food, book store...etc. It is within 2 minutes you could go to subway. A short walk to many of the asian supermarket and food court. The hotel compare to Time Square it is dirt cheap and bigger only downside it takes about 30 minutes to Grand Central Station from there. We stayed for 4 days 3 night it is kind of nice.

Room Tip: Higher floor.. 16 is the best floor be at. That was the Club house.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lee T
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear Lee T,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest Program. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities the hotel provides. Your positive comments about the Hotel, our services and the surrounding neighborhood are appreciated and we certainly look forward to your return.

With Warm Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flushing
Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport
Flushing Central Hotel
Flushing Central Hotel
#9 of 18 in Flushing
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens

Been to Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel? Share your experiences!