All reviews room was clean front desk cinnamon rolls new york laguardia airport forest hills complimentary breakfast is the breakfast area flushing meadows the shuttle driver one night stay light sleeper yogurt subway stop definitely stay here again nyc flight
Reviewed July 23, 2018

This is a small-room, so-called "express hotel". Very clean room, pretty decent breakfast, super duper front desk service. The one bad feature is the fact the room doors slam shut loudly. One would expect hotel construction to include a door device that buffers the closing. In a hotel where people are sleeping it's not a good idea to have doors that sound like a prison block!. Come on Holiday Inn - fix your doors! Nice to see recycle bins in-room and in breakfast area.

Room Tip: All the doors slam so loud it can wake you up
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Jill R
Reviewed July 3, 2018

This was our first trip to New York City. We were going on a cruise on the Norwegian Gem to Canada and Maine. This was a one night stay. The location is convenient to LaGuardia Airport. The airport is under going a lot of construction. There is a lot traffic. The hotel has a shuttle until midnight. The hotel clerk was wonderful about letting me know that the shuttle driver was in traffic and coming for us even though it was getting late. We were picked up and arrived at the hotel safely. The clerk had bottle water and popcorn for weary travelers. We appreciated the quick check in. The room met our needs. It was small, but clean. Thanks to the shuttle driver, the clerk, and the lady who prepared breakfast. The clerk helped us make transportation arrangements to the cruise ship. I have to mention the great breakfast. Holiday Inn Express breakfast is one of the reasons we continue to stay in them when we travel.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leonaida
Reviewed April 23, 2018

The rooms were very small, especially the bathroom with counter space too small for your hand towel. The hallways were extremely narrow with several “blind spots" as you had to turn several corners to get your room. Ice was not available on each floor, only on 4th floor in a Very remote corner. The breakfast area was cramped and uninviting. This is NOT what I expected from Holiday Inn Express. Very Urban location. I would NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2018

Hi IEP-Lady,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. I am so sorry about the issues you had with the size of the rooms and our common areas. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you during your stay and your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concern. I would also like to follow up on this situation that is why I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Thank you for staying and best regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Tiny room with an odd layout. Tiny bathroom, not even room for a towel rack. Guess they did the best they could with square footage limitations. Comfortable bed but poor sleep due to highway noise and drunken guests in the hallway after midnight. Breakfast was typical reliable HI Express - oatmeal, eggs, sausage, breads, yogurt, fruit, coffee. Just wish they would stop using styrofoam plates and bowls. Five stars for the staff however, very attentive and helpful. Great shuttle service, with rides to and from LaGuardia and the subway stop. Made for an easy evening out in Manhattan.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2018

Hello John K,

Thank you for trusting Holiday Inn Express for your travel needs! I'm glad to hear that your bed was comfortable despite the limited space in the room. I understand your concern about external noise and this provides an avenue for our hotel to enhance soundproofing. I'm sorry for the letdown.

I appreciate your compliment for our professional staff and the helpful shuttle service. It's always thrilling when your requirements are exceeded. We can't wait to see you again!

Kind regards,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

The location is convenient to Laguardia. Rooms were basic, but clean. I don’t usually write reviews, but had to mention the staff. It is New York - I was pleasantly surprised by the courtesy and professionalism shown by all the staff here.
Even the people that appeared to be somewhat new seemed to have caught on that professionalism and courtesy to guests were the order of the day. They would ask questions of their peers if they didn’t know how to handle something (airline vouchers). Food was ok (really nothing to write home about),

but the hotel seems to be very well managed, with great staff.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo