“Great for one night!”

Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Reviewed April 12, 2010

A friend and I booked one night at the Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia at the end of a long weekend in NYC. Our flight was leaving out of LGA the next day very early and thought it best to stay somewhere close by so we didn't have to travel in from Manhattan. Upon on arrival, we were greeted graciously by the front desk until the shocking news came that there was no bar and no restaurant on site or even within walking distance. They do, however, provide a shuttle to a nearby mall where there are plenty of food options (apparently) and they gave us a packet of takeout menus from the local area.

The room itself was spacious, the bed was really comfortable and the bathroom very clean. In the morning, there was breakfast included in the price that had some warm food and plenty of cereals, breads, yogurts and juices. Seating was limited, but it did not hamper the experience. When we were ready to go to the airport, the shuttle took us over there in 10 minutes. Overall, this was a great experience for one night and would be perfect for anyone needing LGA on a budget.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
MANAGEMENTguestsvcs, Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2010

Thank you for your comments, we truly appreciate your business and look foward to hosting you again.

Reviewed April 4, 2010

The pictures are more than what the hotel actually looks like. This hotel is NOT located at the airport. It is 15-20 minutes away from the airport depending on traffic. We arrived at 3:00 pm for check-in and our room had not been cleaned. Urine was found under the toilet seat. Stains were found on the sheets (Not sure if they were fresh sheets) and the highway was SO noisy. When requested, the Shuttle would pick us up from the subway (wait time averaging 5 minutes close to 20 minutes). Breakfast was very standard, yet convenient. Lots of cigarette smoke circulated through the "non-smoking" rooms. All in all, this hotel is a place to lay your head and nothing more.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelerk2
Reviewed April 3, 2010

The location is very convenient to the airport (LGA) and major highways. There is a shuttle to the airport and to a nearby subway station. I used the shuttle to get to the subway station and it was quick and convenient. After an evening in Manhattan, I called the hotel when I arrived at the Woodhaven subway station to request a pick up. The shuttle was there within minutes.

The hotel itself has some nice amenities. The breakfast has hot and cold offerings. The hot breakfast included cheese omelets, sausage patties, and biscuits. Other items were yogurt (light), hard boiled eggs, bread, bagels, cinnamon rolls, and cereal. It was well stocked. The eating area is small but adequate. There is a fitness room with one treadmill and one recumbant bike. I did not use the fitness room.

The rooms are on the small side, but not annoyingly small. My room had a sofa sleeper (that could not be opened because there was not enough room between the sofa and the bed) which I could have done without. It would have been nice to have some more room to manouver. Although the LIE is literally outside the hotel window, the noise was not a problem. However, my room was on the opposite side of the hotel. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The shower had instant hot water.

There are not as many channels on the TV as I would have expected, about 20 or so. But I didn't spend time watching TV so it wasn't a problem. It does have HBO. The wi-fi service is slow. But there are two computers in the lobby available for free. The parking lot is small but adequate. There are about 25 to 30 spaces. I retured at various times in the evening and was always able to get a spot.

There were two minor mishaps. I had a box of granola bars in my room that had disappeared after housekeeping cleaned the room the first day. I told the front desk about this and I was told that housekeeping found them in a different room that had checked out that day. The story made no sense to me, but they offered to reimburse me for the cost. I believe it was a mistake on housekeeping's part. The other problem is that the coffee service in the room was not replenished on one of the days. The coffee pot was completely overlooked when the room was cleaned. The used coffee filter was still in the machine.

The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. They were excellent.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
MANAGEMENTguestsvcs, Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2010

Thank you for your high ratings of our Holiday Inn Express Laguardia Airport hotel.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at our hotel.

Reviewed February 13, 2010

First time I've stayed here since it came under the Holiday Inn Express brand. It was always a good deal, but has improved as to general quality of room furnishings and atmosphere. Corridors used to be a bit dingy, are now brighter. The desk staff I encountered on my one night stay were downright perky!

One minor element of decline; the shuttle now only serves LaGuardia (it used to serve JFK as well).

Still a good idea to try and get a room at the back of the hotel. The front faces a highway and although there is decent sound insulation you still know it's there.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
MANAGEMENTguestsvcs, Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We truly appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed January 26, 2010

I had a great stay at this hotel from Jan. 20-Jan. 24th 2010.
ALL of the staff were more than helpful and felt like friends lol.
We had a little problem where our room was overbooked but this was taken care of in a proper manner right away. LOVED the shuttle service and breakfast as well. There was some noise from the highway but this is NYC so those who are expecting a completely country quiet night must be insane. Our room was next to the highway and the noise did not bother us in the least. Planning on coming back to the city for a summer weekend just because of the hotel. Shout outs to Jorge, Anda(?), Kevin, Raul, and the guy who worked overnights on the 23rd. They all were too cool and deserve a raise =)

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
MANAGEMENTguestsvcs, Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2010

We truly thank you and are most excited to read about your great stay with us. We are happy to see you that you noted the free shuttle, plentiful breakfast, and clean rooms. We try to provide excellent value for all of our guests.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Reviewed December 23, 2009

We stayed overnight for a late flight arrival from England. Very clean, comfortable hotel and helpful & friendly staff especially Jorge! Free breakfast with wide variety of choices. Would definetly stay again & recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
MANAGEMENTguestsvcs, Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2009

Thank you for your extremely kind words and great scores for our service.
We truly value your opinion and are thankful you took the time to share your wonderful experience with other potential guests.
Thank you.

Reviewed November 25, 2009

Stayed here for a night. Got a room facing the expressway (i-495) and it was very noisy; felt like the window was open. I had specifically asked for a quiet room when I booked the room about 2-3 weeks before my stay, but I was still given a room next to the highway. I am a priority club member and my request was still rejected!

They have a paring lot for about 20 cars and parking is free. Wifi connection is bad. I had to connect and reconnect atleast 4-5 times. Breakfast was okay. Staff working at the reception were friendly.

I will not stay here again as the hotel is too close to the freeway.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flushing
Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing
The Parc Hotel
The Parc Hotel
#6 of 18 in Flushing
Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!