“Great hotel, friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Richmond, Virginia
“Great hotel, friendly staff”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I choose this hotel because it was close to US Open and subway. I generally stay at holiday inns in Va and the staffs are great. Most folks think New York folks are cold and short, not at this hotel. They were friendly, made sure our room was right and had no problems giving us very clear directions on where to go. Room was clean, fresh towels and to our surprise two terry cloth robes were available. Will stay there again. Thanks to the staff for making this visit great for my daughter and I.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gregory S
GlendaGomez, IHG REWARDS CLUB CHAMPION at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Gregory S,
Thank you for your loyalty to IHG Hotels, we are thrilled to hear that you had a great stay. It is our pleasure to contribute to our guests’ travel experiences from start to finish and we are delighted that you have shared your review with us. Thank you for such positive comments about our staff, rooms, and shuttle service. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future!
Stay well,
IHG REWARDS CLUB CHAMPION

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights, Room was clean, bathroom was well equipped.

Breakfast was basic but nice, eggs, muffins, cereals, toast, pancakes etc.

In lobby you can have free coffee 24 hours a day, you can grab one on your way out or in, it is very good gesture by the hotel to provide free coffee for guest. It was a good quality coffee, tasted very nice.

This is a no smoking hotel, which is great as no smell of smoke anywhere in hotel. There are two benches just outside the hotel and smokers can be seen sitting outside smoking.

Hotel offered free wifi, I was expecting slow hanging connection but it was fairly good speed wifi.

Hotel has security in the evening so it is very safe.

I have stayed in many hotels around the world but staff in this hotel was the most friendliest I have ever come across, really good people, very friendly and helpful.

My room did not had refrigerator so i asked them and one was installed in my room the next day.

Fitness room leaves a lot to be desired, as it has one treadmill, one elliptical (cross trainer) and one cycle, but this is a budget'ish hotel so you would expect that.

During the entire stay telephone in the room did not work, handyman came a few times but he could not fix it, 4 days is a long time to fix the phone.

Hotel offers free shuttle to Queen central mall, subway station and Laguardia Airport

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel.

Beast666

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GlendaGomez, IHG Rewards Club Champion at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Beast666 ,
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, shuttle service and breakfast. Please be assured your feedback has been shared with our management team so we may look into correcting our shortcomings for our future guests. We value your feedback and have taken all the necessary actions to rectify this situation. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
IHG Rewards club champion
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We needed a place to stay one night while switching from JFK to LaGuardia on our way home from vacation. I picked this hotel without checking to see how far it was from the airport, but it ended up not really being a factor since their shuttle picked us up (after we caught the inter-airport bus) and taking us to LaGuardia the next morning. Eric,the night manager, was very helpful on the phone and in person when we arrived, giving us bottled water and a bag of chips each - I an sure we looked bedraggled and worn. If I had been a little more on top of things, I would have asked for a room on the side of the hotel away from the freeway - we had quite a bit of road noise since we overlooked it and New York is the "city that never sleeps" after all.

The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable, complementary breakfast included bacon, sausage,and some sort of eggs - all in all, very satisfactory.

The young woman from the Dominican Republic (I forget her name) that was manning the desk in the morning was very cheery, helped me out with boarding passes and change for a large bill, as well as setting up the shuttle for the airport. Super job

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the freeway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RockCatWichita,

Thank you for your great review and kind words. It's great to hear you enjoyed our amenities such as our shuttle service and breakfast. We also appreciate you kind words towards our staff. We strive for excellence in customer service and satisfaction and we were delighted that recognized that. Thank you once again for sharing your experience; we are always happy to serve. We hope to see you again!
Take care,
IHG Rewards Club Champion
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel has bed bugs. Within ten minutes of getting under the covers, I had several bites on the backs of my legs. I will not stay in this hotel again because of the bed bugs. That said, the rest of the hotel was fine. The free breakfast was simple but good. There was a free shuttle to and from La Guardia airport (however it took 50 minutes to pick me up when it should have taken 15, and the shuttle driver argued with me that I was waiting in the wrong place- I wasn't- I was exactly where I was told to wait). The room was clean, except for the bed bugs. They are the sole reason that I wouldn't rate this as acceptable and why I will never come back.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the side away from the highway- you can hear cars all night.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Sam O
GlendaGomez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Sam O,

We take all of our guests' comments very seriously. We take great pride in our property and take every precautionary measure to assure that we are Bed Bug Free. We have frequent preventive maintenance actions in place to ensure a clean and healthy environment.
I would have appreciated the opportunity to have this brought to my attention immediately, while at the hotel, to further investigate any questions you may have had to this respect. Please contact me directly.

Best Regards,
Key West, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was in New York to attend a funeral. The Holiday Inn Express was exactly what I needed. From the complementary shuttle service at the airport and mall/subway with Abdool, to the nice greeting from Caroline at Check-in. The Room was clean and the housekeepers checked with me every one day to see if there was anything I needed. For the record everyone on the hotel staff was friendly to me. Also, Eric gave me a great recommendation for an Italian restaurant. I will stay there next time I am in New York

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings Joe M,

Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home. Your words "The Holiday Inn Express was exactly what I needed" mean so much to us, as that is exactly the type of personalized attention we strive to give all of our guests. I am sorry to hear about your loss and wish you the best.

Warmest Regards,
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is my 2nd stay here. They have a very helpful airport shuttle to and from LGA. The 1st time I stayed it took nearly an hour to pick me up but this last time it took only 10 minutes. They have a great shuttle service to and from the subway. The room and free breakfast are standard Holiday Inn Express. The breakfast room is a bit small but I haven't been there where it's been overcrowded.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hi Squidhead,

Thank you for your loyalty! It is always my pleasure to welcome returning guests and so glad you enjoyed our facilities. We appreciate your comment and hope to welcome you back soon. Safe Travels!

Best Regards,
Victoria BC
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Nothing overly special -- typical Holiday Inn-range hotel. You have to call to get the airport shuttle to come for you (or maybe you can arrange it in advance, but we didn't). However, a bonus is that they also provide a free shuttle service to the nearest subway station, from which you can easily make your way into Manhattan. Part of why I booked here is that I read there was a 24-hour IHOP across the parking lot. It's not true, there's no IHOP, but there is a gas station and a sketchy little 24-hour convenience store. This hotel provides a free breakfast between 6 and 10am (a step up from continental breakfast, there are oatmeal packets and such).

I was truly impressed with our check-in service though; I had specifically requested 2 separate beds when I booked; they had no rooms left with 2 beds, so instead of just sticking one of us in a crappy cot, they gave us 2 rooms for the price of one. That was cool, never mind that they were both dungeon rooms in the basement with windows too high to see out of.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
GlendaGomez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Hello Delarana,

Thank you for your review! We strive to provide the best experience to every guest including accommodating you as best as possible. Although, we would love an IHOP in the area, our Smart Start Breakfast does offer hot pancakes, cinnamon rolls, omelets, bacon or sausage, and biscuits for your enjoyment. We look forward to welcoming you again...

Best Always,
Glenda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flushing
Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport
#7 of 18 in Flushing
Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
Wyndham Garden Laguardia South

Been to Holiday Inn Express LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!