“Very friendly, joking and helpful staff!”

Marco LaGuardia Hotel by Lexington
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Red Deer, Canada
“Very friendly, joking and helpful staff!”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

No problems, front desk clerk even saved us $30 on cab fare to EWR.
Yea yea why were we staying in Flushing? Because the hotel looked good! Easy train ride into NYC right to Times Square. Neighbourhood didn't scare me, but we did stand out :). I didn't even notice airplanes from LaGuardia International flying over. The only downside was variety of food in the area - but the front desk told us that at check in.
The night before checkout we went down and the front desk clerk booked a cab for us at 4AM and we made sure everything was paid up - "only $2300 -- oh sorry wrong room"----hook line and sinker!! haha we laughed about that one. Thanks!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Birmingham
Reviewed October 15, 2010

Clean, comfortable room. Friendly staff. Good Italian restaurant. Shuttle van back and forth to LaGuardia takes about 10 min. About 5 block walk to #7 subway (40 min. to Manhattan.) An Exceptional value.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Came for a wedding and had a wondeful time. Amazing front desk staff. The most helpful anywhere (and I have travelled a lot). Great room with two double beds, great matresses and wonderful bedding. no problem with parking but just stowed car for three days. Had breakfast every day courtesy of hotel and it was typical buffet.
The hotel is spotless and well decorated. There is a cute second floor terasse.
We were thrilled.
Found the subway five blokcs away. Trip to Mahattan was thirty minutes.
Had our hair done at Roy's near the subwa in Flushing near the hotely. It started with the most amazing head massage, neck and arm massage (at least 15 minutes) and finished with a blow dry for $10.
We had our nails done at Angel's for $7 with not just a hand massage but also a back massage while we were drying. The pedicure is $15. I think the facial was $27. the place is new and spotless. No one speaks English but it doesn't matter.
Both Roys and Angels are on the second floor of building close to the subway, near Macdonalds on the east side of Main Street.
Eat at Joe Shanghai and Jade Asian on side streets off Main. Prefer Jade Asian. I think both are cash only, no reservations.
Also had 1 hour massage for $40 at Bodyworks east side of Main.
There are two good places for discount shopping Filene's and Century 21 (it is new so the staff at the hotel didn't know aobut it).
Area seems very safe up to 11PM.
You will feel like you are in China, Taiwan or Hong Kong. That is not a bad thing but no one can give you directions and services are sort of point and chose. I felt like I had a week holiday and I was only there three days.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Mechanicsburg, PA
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We lucked out with our Hotwire reservations in scoring a great deal at this hotel. I recently spent one night at the Lexington Marco LaGuardia Hotel when I was in town to attend a St. John's University soccer game. I was very impressed from the time I opened the door. This is a boutique hotel with 81 rooms (some suites as well) and a great adjacent restaurant. The room was large by NY standards, recently updated, with a king size comfy bed. I have to say the level of cleanliness was impressive as well. There was also a refrigerator and microwave to my surprise (unheard of in standard hotel rooms). There could have had a few more towels in the room, but that was the only minor negative point. The convenience of the adjacent Italian restaurant enterable from inside the hotel was only surpassed by the outstanding dinner we had there Saturday night. Later returned after the game for a nightcap and also had breakfast there the next morning. I can't really say if this would be a good base for a trip into Manhatten, as that was not the point of my trip. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Professional and friendly, courteous, charming staff. Best I've encountered here or overseas. They have a WOW factor. Always helpful with directions. My first day, I wanted to visit the Hall of Science. The desk clerk had the shuttle bus driver drive me there! WOW! I wanted to go to the supermarket, he had the driver take me there, WAIT FOR ME, and bring me back. WOW!!
Rooms and hotel excellent shape, very expensive and large lobby. Italian restaurant on site. Breakfast with real china:) Fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, eggs, bacon etc. Close to airport, the pilots stay here.
Lots of shops very close by, food, Chinese, other, large $1+ store for goodies, clothes shops, Macys. 4 blocks to subway. Shops all the way and more. Trip to Times Sq long, 30 mins minimum.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I read all other reviews for this hotel before booking directly with their website. They had a special which included a cheaper prepay rate and full breakfast every day plus free shuttle service (again thank you, Eddie). The breakfast was great, hot buffet and included fresh fruit. Not your typical continental breakfast. It was served in their pleasant, clean restaurant downstairs in hotel. Staff was friendly and casual. Rooms were very clean and I am a clean freak with allergies, no smoking anywhere, thank you. The room may be considered small to some, but what do you really need in the city? The king size bed was extremely comfy with nice linens and pillows. My husband and I both have back problems and after walking and riding subways all day, it was nice to come back to a good bed. We were on the 7th floor and could still hear street noise, so don't plan on being able to sleep in, but again it's the city and what do you expect? Plus it rained and the wind was bad 1 night, but it didn't keep us up. The hotel may not look like much when you arrive, but we felt safe at all times. The area is an Asian population, but a 10 minute walk down Main St. and you find a pharmacy, a bargain store, a sporting goods store, an Old Navy and a Target. So you can pick up things you need or might have forgotten, which we did. Plus the subway station is on Main St. and Roosevelt, which takes you to Manhattan or Brooklyn in an hour, which we did all 4 days we stayed. In short, if you are willing to go the distance, stay here:)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Shanghai
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Less 10 mins driving distance from La Guardia Airport, friendly working staffs answer client's question with much patient, fair enough roomy space and amenities suites both leisure or business trip needs. It would be excellent if the price offering can be set same as a travel agency offered to us.

---- Feng (from Shanghai China)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business