“Fabulous Find in Flushing.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marco LaGuardia Hotel by Lexington

Marco LaGuardia Hotel by Lexington
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Miami Beach, Florida
“Fabulous Find in Flushing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

My stay at the Lexington Marco Hotel was great. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. It within walking distance to the train. It also had a shuttle service that I was able to take to the train and the airport, a huge plus. The staff was very friendly and attentive.
I did not expect the lobby to be quaint and well appointed. My room was very roomy and clean.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Islip, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

Was a little worried of the location but was pleasently surprised by the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

We ended up staying in the Lexington Marco due to a flight cancellation...and any worries we had disappeared when we got there. Not only is the staff extremely friendly - the hotel is quite nice and has an upscale feeling. Rooms are large and clean, staff is friendly, and the location is convenient. The restaurant and shuttle services are definitely great extras!

Special thanks to Robert from Guest Services who made our stay there even better.

• Stayed July 2010
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

After 17 hours travelling from Europe, my flight to home was cancelled and I ended up in this hotel at almost midnight. Booked through airport hotel reservation, I was promised a hotel close to LaGuardia airport with shuttle bus to the airport early in the morning. The hotel could not handle all the stranded customers sent by the airport from the cancelled flights. It took me 20min to get to the right room. I called to ask for a wake up call at 5am so I could catch the 5:30am shuttle bus. I never received the call. When I showed up for the 5:30am shuttle bus, I was told the bus had left and it was full and the next scheduled one is full too and I have to get a taxi to the airport. The front desk lady told me people get up 1-2 hours before the bus schedule to be able getting on the bus. I did not pay $172 to get only 3-4 hour sleep and not able to get the service the hotel clearly promises. Why promise the service that you can't deliver. When multiple flights cancelled, they should have more buses to provide the service.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Columbus2001
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

The hotel website states that it is located less than one mile from LaGuardia airport. It might be one mile as the crow flies, but driving distance it is much farther. There are many hotels located very near to the airport, which you will pass on your long journey to the Lexington Marco. Also, the shuttle services is shared with another hotel and seems like a rather shady operation. I called to request a pickup and they told me it would be in an un-marked white van and that they could not pick me up at the hotel lobby. The whole thing just seemed really poorly run and not worth the headache to save a few bucks. I only stayed here one night on business, and was definitely thankful it was such a short trip. The rooms were fine, but the staff was not terribly friendly.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Stafford, VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

My parents planned a NY trip for my birthday. My dad had used his credit card to pay for my two night stay at your hotel, so they had me fax my dad's credit card, his photo ID and a form that he had to fill out authorizing the use of his credit card, since I obviously wouldn't have his credit card on me when I checked in. When we got to the hotel, they wanted a $200.00 deposit for incidentals. No one had told us anything about this, and being from out of state, this was a very inconvenient and stressful problem that took a lot of time to straighten out. Someone should have contacted me (considering I booked this a month in advance) before just telling me the day I get there, and then not letting me check into my room. The first person I talked to at the front desk was very rude. He didn't really seem to want to help make the situation any easier for me, and was very sarcastic. I didn't appreciate that. Other than all of the checking in issues, the room was nice! The complementary breakfast was delicious! The only other thing I could recommend is that you are more detailed about your location. We weren't expecting to be in China Town.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2010

Spent a week at this Northern Blvd. Hotel.
Rooms are very large, nice view of the largest Chinatown community in NYC.
Easy access to the Number 7 train that takes you to Midtown Manhattan.
A short 4 block walk up Main Street and you are there to the subway station.
Very nice breakfast buffet at the adjoining restaurant .
Nice fairly economical dinnner at a good Italian restaurant adjacent to the hotel and parking garage.
Fairly busy neighborhood, many local shops a block away on Main Street, along the path of the hotel.
Although hotel is adjacent to a Mobil gas Station, it is very quiet there at the hotel. Nice staff, very helpful.
I would highly recommend.
Hotel has shuttle from 5am to LAGUARDIA AIRPORT.
Great value.