“Unsafe neighborhood,unhelpful staff”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
miami
“Unsafe neighborhood,unhelpful staff”
Reviewed January 29, 2010

I stayed for one night on 1/8/10. I was in the mood for NY pizza. The front desk staff,'No smiles",advised their was a great place a few blocks away off farrington street. the pizza was amazing!!! On the way back, I was followed by two females back into the hotel harrassing me for money and a good time. The staff ignored my uncomfortable situation while I hurried into the elevator. I called down to the desk and asked where is their security. Not till 11pm they stated, call 911 if you feel unsafe!! Upon check out on 1/9, I asked for the Manager on Duty, sign said Claribel Gonzales, no where in the hotel.
Do not stay, very unsafe!!!
J. Wang

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank highway95

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 26, 2009

We wanted a clean & comfortable hotel near LaGuardia, with shuttle service to & from the airport and easy access to the city.

The Lexington Marco more than fit the bill! The airport shuttle service was easy and quick. The hotel exterior and lobby is beautiful. Our room was perfect - new, spotless, large (which you really can't affordably find in the city), warm (especially important in the middle of a huge winter storm), and well furnished. They also have very nice linens, something I'm picky about when I stay in hotels. Definitely worthy of its 3.5+ star rating.

The major selling point is the hotel's customer service. Very friendly, extremely professional, and more generous than most. Among other things, they gave us a very late checkout because of an early evening flight. Only one of many ways the staff went above & beyond to help us. Big Kudos to General Manager Robert Blanche, Erika, and all of the staff who helped us (from shuttle drivers to housekeeping).

The neighborhood is mostly Chinese. Since we're big fans of Chinatown in Downtown L.A., we felt comfortable and had fun checking out the stores nearby. Even at midnight, we felt safe enough to head around the corner for drinks and a bite to eat at the Zebra Lounge (hip, asian-themed, very cool).

The subway is 4 blocks away, and the Long Island Railroad is about 6 blocks down. We only rode the subway, and it took about 40 minutes to get to Times Square. That was fine since we were checking out the city view while we rode. But if you're in a hurry, for a few dollars more you can jump on the LIRR and be at Penn Station in less than 20 minutes.

We were very happy with the price. It fit our budget and we got so much for our money. We were especially glad to be near the airport when the snowstorm hit. We wouldn't have wanted to take a cab to LaGuardia from the city, and hauling our bags on the subway through that storm - oh, that would have sucked. The hotel worked out for us in every respect.

If you're on a budget, picky about nice hotels, and don't mind staying outside the city, you'll love this place. We're looking forward to staying there again.

2 Thank captainandcoke
Perth
Reviewed December 15, 2009

I came across this hotel while staying in another inadequate hotel near Laguardia Airport.
I was staying for 12 nights so they gave an excellent price. I stayed in two rooms over the 12 nights. The furnishings in both were excellent, the room was extremely clean, the hallways well kept and clean. The first room was on the fourth floor facing the side lane. The noise level on weekend nights was not conducive to a good nights sleep. I moved to the 8th floor facing Northern Boulevard and the noise level was considerably reduced.

I used the shuttle every day to travel to the airport. It was always on time and the drivers were very happy to meet my specific needs of being dropped off in the Marine Terminal area.

Generally the restaurant food was good quality and reasonably priced. Although you had to pay the restaurant directly. A 10% discount was provided for Hotel guests at the restaurant. Selections for breakfast could have been a little better but for the price of 10.75 for a full cooked breakfast I have no complaints.

The General Manager Robert was extremely helpful in meeting my specific needs as were the front desk and services staff.

The Hotel is located in China town within a 5 minute walk of the subway. The train journey to Time Square takes about 30 minutes and costs $2.25 each way. There are also restaurants, department stores and banks within a 5 minute walk up Main street. If you want to cook your own meals there are two supermarkets close handy and a microwave in your room.

Overall, although located about 10 minutes from Laguardia Airport I will stay here again when next I come to Laguardia for training.

In summary, great Hotel, reasonably priced clean room, friendly and pleasant staff, and close amenities. This hotel is the best value in the Laguardia Flushing area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed December 13, 2009

This hotel is excellent for the price. I was traveling on business on a budget and my girlfriend also came to visit me for the weekend. The hotel has everything. The rooms are large. The internet is free. They have a free shuttle to and from the airport. They have on site coin laundry. The beds have nice covers and comfortable pillows.

You are a good distance from Manhattan, in the heart of China Town in Flushing. Nearby you have Joe's Shanghai Chinese and Excellent Tai, as well as some really good and really cheap places to eat. The subway 7 train is about a 8 minute walk away. The manager is super cool. He paid for my cab from the airport since the shuttle was tied up with a large group.

One thing I will warn you about is the parking. I would pay for the $15 overnight parking to secure your car. Parking on the street is free after 7PM so you can save money, but you have to feed the meter every 2 hours from 7AM-7PM and 8:30AM-7PM in other areas. If you forget you will eat a $35 parking ticket. $45 for when they are doing street cleaning, which is between 8:00-8:30AM.

Make sure you specify that you want a nonsmoking room when you make your online reservation! Also try to get a room on a higher floor to stay above the street noise.

All in all it is a great place to stay if you want a nice clean, comfortable place.

kbou1123
Reviewed December 12, 2009

New, spotless, spacious, and comfortable. Had a gorgeous outdoor padio for smoking and a beautiful Italian restaurants. Will definetly be back either for business or a game at Citi Field:)

1 Thank kbou1123
Texas
Reviewed November 9, 2009

I am an Asian American meeting some business associates from Hong Kong. I was unfamiliar to the area and selected the Lexington Marco for my stay. I was delighted by the elegance of the hotel. The Lobby is spacious and has a feel of grace. The Staff was polite and very eager to help. Especially Mr. Robert who went out of his way to make sure I was satisfied with my stay. My business meetings did not go as well as planned but I was happy to experience the wonderful hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Indianapolis
Reviewed November 8, 2009

Very clean hotel w/ excellent customer service from check-in to the van driver to the airport. Nice to have a full service restaurant at an airport restaurant. The breakfast could have been better (hotter) but it was fine.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple