“Great value at the end of the 7 Train”

Marco LaGuardia Hotel by Lexington
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We needed to book an LGA hotel at the end of a cruise. Because of crazy weather we ended up here 2 extra days.

The staff was super friendly, extended us a reasonable rate, and we really loved it.

It's not new, but it's 4 blocks from a $2.50 subway ride to Manhattan, and a free shuttle to LGA.

I will be back for sure!

Room Tip: 8th floor gives you a Manhattan view if you're on the west side of the hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kent J

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Our family of seven stayed here for five days and it was excellent. It was clean, comfortable and only five or so years old. We were picked up from LaGuardia Airport and whisked straight to the hotel. The location was perfect, three blocks from the seven train straight to Times Square in NY city. The staff was very helpful with everything we needed from restaurant suggestions to local shopping. We needed extra winter coats and they directed us to Macy's there blocks away. They have a good Italian restaurant on site with great wait staff. They braved a 12" snow storm to get us back to the Airport on time for our flight home. They even held extended reservations in case our flight was canceled.

Room Tip: My only suggestion would be to bring a wireless router as their is a limited number of wireless conn...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bob the B
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have stayed here for 1 night in January 2014.
Upon check-in, I was greeted by a very friendly and helpful front desk employee.
Check-in was smooth and fast. The room itself was what I've expected.
The hotel is located a very short distance from some very good Chinese restaurants from Chinatown in Flushing.
I would not choose this hotel if you are planning a holiday in NYC, but for a layover for a flight from LaGuardia it is perfect. I have not used the breakfast or the restaurant so I can not comment on it. The hotel was very clean, which in itself gains a star more in NY.
A big plus was the refrigirator in the room that could actually hold a big bottle of pop.
If I ever fly out of LaGuardia again and I need a hotel close by, I will surely use this hotel again.
Isolation from the outside was too poor however. I've stayed in NY many times and this was the first time so many noises came through the windows. But apart from that, no complaints.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel if you are planning a longer trip in NYC, but to catch a flight out of LGA...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank headhunterke
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was a very nice hotel in Flushing with just a short walk to the subway station. The subway ride to midtown Manhattan from this location, however, is rather lengthy (about 40 minutes). But if you are looking for a hotel near LaGuardia, this is a good choice. The staff was friendly and we were given a free upgrade to a huge two-bedroom suite with a kitchenette. The only complaint I have with this hotel was the attached restaurant. When we went down for breakfast at about 8:30 am, they were either out of or running low on several items on the breakfast buffet, and no attempt was made to replace them. We were also informed as soon as we walked into the restaurant that we would have to pay for our breakfast, that it was not included in our room charge (which we knew anyway). The food was merely average and the wait staff not attentive. Besides that, we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We really liked the hotel, it was very clean and comfortable, in a safe neighborhood, albeit all Chinese, but with an ethnic charm. It is seconds away from Flushing Police Station, Town Hall, and a high school. It is also 3 miles away from New York LaGuardia Airport.The hotel personnel was incredible, they upgraded our room at no cost, the suite we were offered had a kitchen, dining room, large marble bathroom with Jacuzzi bathtub and a separate shower room, and two bedrooms, each equipped with a king bed. The hotel has airport shuttle, which proved very useful when our rental car refused to start on the departure day.
Overall, a very pleasant stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank cornelizza
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have been at the hotel 3 times and have found the front desk service and rooms to be excellent. I am pleased with the accomodations and would certaionly return in the future. I am not sure what the young lady's name was but the one working in early afternoon on New Year's Day was great. She had a plesant personality, beautiful smile and was very friendly. She was latina and I would like to thank you if I could determine her name.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Frank G
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel every time I visit newyork. First the location is very continent, close to subway, market, food almost everything. The hotel services is friendly and room are clean. I think this hotel is the best one I can get for the price I paid for. Definitely come back next time.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple