“Bad experience”

Marco LaGuardia Hotel by Lexington
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed there from March 9th to 11th.
There was a little misunderstanding happened between me and the hotel.
I was trying to extending the room but changed my mind after a while. The hotel didn't ask me again but gave my friend the paperwork to let him sign it without telling him that was for extending the room. My friend is a Chinese, so he didn't really read through the paper.
When I went back, I found I was charged for the night that I was actually not there.
When I called back and talked to the front desk, they yelled at me like crazy, and finally said "according to the hotel policy we are unable to make the refund, and you have to talk to our general manager instead of wasting time here."
It ruined my spring break totally! So terrible!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Fan G
There are newer reviews for Marco LaGuardia Hotel by Lexington

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My flight had been cancelled and the airline had to put us up in hotels. I was fortunate to be assisnged to the Marcotel & Suites by Lexington but didn't know it until I arrived. Some of the other passenger had been assigned to some of the chain hotels in the area near the airport so another passenger and I were not sure of what we were going to get. To our surprise the service and accomodations were very nice, clean and comfortable. An added bonus was that we were upgraded to a suite just for our troubles for the night. Would recommend. Also convenient to New Yorks subway.

Room Tip: If you are there with a family or for an extended period look into the suite. HUGE!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Tia M
Peter P, General Manager at Marco LaGuardia Hotel by Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Tia M,

Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent visit to our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the upgrade to the suite, as your flight was cancelled and we were able to make your stay even more comfortable. Yes, the suite is very spacious, equipped with a full kitchen, dinette table and dining area, and perfect for someone staying an extended period of time. We thank you for recommending it and the Marco LaGuardia Hotel. We hope that you stay with us again next time you visit the Flushing area.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed at the hotel and was quite surprised. I arrived by shuttle and the driver was courteous and helpful. I am careful in NYC because some of the hotels are horrible. However, this place was a nice suprise. Rooms are smaller, but VERY clean. Beds were comfortable. I didn't get a chance to go to the restaurant, however, the food smelled great amd the bar was fully stocked. Staff was a pleasure. I did hear noise late night, but it wasn't anything ridiculous and didn't last long. Apparently, some people had a good night and were noisey on the way back to their room. I would definitely staty here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank symone01

Dear symone01,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, as it helps other travelers choose the right hotel for them. We are very happy to hear that you had a great experience with us at the Marco LaGuardia Hotel. I will definitely pass along the message to my shuttle driver about your extremely positive ride back to the hotel from the airport. It is always nice to hear when a guest enjoyed our accommodations and amenities. Next time you stay with us, please give Magna Ristorante, the on-site Italian restaurant, a try. It sure is very delicious and is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The hotel is very close to LaGuardia & JFK. I've stayed there for 4 nights and can rate this hotel with the Excellent Rating:
- great service
- very nice room
- very good food at hotel's restaurant (I had both breakfast and dinner there)
- very close to the subway if you'd like to go to Manhattan
- very close to the airport

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Janet S

Dear Janet S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed our property, service and location. I'd also like to thank you for pointing out that the Marco is close to the airport (LGA) and the subway to Manhattan. We offer a complimentary shuttle to and from both locations.

We are also glad to hear you enjoyed your meals at Magna Restaurant. Thank you for choosing the Marco LaGuardia Hotel for your 4 night stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Hotel room was adequate. You could hear sirens all night long. Hotel restaruant was over priced and over rated. I was told at booking that parking would be available. Well, it was. What they failed to inform me was that it cost $22/day. If you left the parking garage and returned, it would cost you even more. I was charged $1.75 for a local call. Really? The sinks in the bathroom are stragly placed. You have to reach in over a foot, very odd. I will never return to this hotel and I will not recommend it to any of my friends. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. They will nickel and dime you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank David G
Peter P, General Manager at Marco LaGuardia Hotel by Lexington, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear David G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It saddens me to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We take all comments seriously and all feedback is shared with our staff.
I sincerely apologize that you were not notified about the parking fees and I have addressed my staff about this situation, though the parking garage is managed by an outside company, you certainly should have been made aware of the fees. We will make them aware of this, as well. We are also sorry you felt unjustly charged for local phone calls. We do charge for these calls, as do most hotels in this area. Guests should be notified about these charges in person at check-in. We apologize that you were not informed in advance.

I would love to speak with you about your stay. Please contact me directly at GPecora@MarcoLaGuardiaHotel.com. Please provide me with your contact information and the best time I may reach you. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

All the amenities and comfort you expect from a business hotel at a great price for the area. 10 mins to or from LGA by shuttle. The Magna restaurant serves good, well executed Italian food. And the smiles and can-do attitude from the hotel staff and management are the icing on the cake.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JulianScarfe

Dear JulianScarfe,
Thank you for staying with us at the Marco LaGuardia Hotel & Suites. We are very happy that you had an excellent experience here and at Magna Ristorante. It will be our pleasure to pass the message along to Magna's restaurant staff that you enjoyed their food and described it as excellent. We are also happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with our hotel staff. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I found ourselves in LaGuardia last night after our flight was canceled due to bad weather. We were contemplating sleeping in the terminal until our flight out this morning. Someone gave us the number to the Marco and we called and they had a room. We took a cab and the hotel reimbursed us since their shuttle stops at midnight. I was not expecting much but was delighted with a very friendly person at the front desk, a modern and clean room with all the amenities and a wonderfully comfortable bed. Six hours after we checked in we enjoyed a small part of a huge complementary breakfast and took the shuttle back to the airport rested and showered. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay if your flight is canceled or you are visiting NYC and wan't a reasonably priced room just a 45 minute train ride to time square and ten minutes to LaGuardia.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MCphotowhiz

Dear MCphotowhiz,
Thank you very much for your positive comments about our hotel. I am very pleased to know you had a great stay with us. It is always nice to hear when a guest enjoyed our accommodations, amenities and the friendliness of our Front desk team. Should you return to the Flushing/LaGuardia area, please come back and visit us again.