“Wonderful Staff”

Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Reviewed July 2, 2008

It was a very clean and nice hotel. The staff was very helpful. Chris, one of the front desk agents gave us directions and excellant recommandations on activities and food. If we needed anything, everyone was quick to help. The shuttle from the hotel drops you off 2 blocks from the subway and stops picking up at midnight. It is one subway stop to Shea Stadium. Breakfast was wonderful and there were popcorn and fresh cookies in the evening. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 26, 2008

Great bargain! The room was clean. It was a bit small,but there were 4 of us and no one stumbled over anyone else. The breakfast was good with extended continental-sausage biscuits, bagels, muffins, donuts, Belgian waffles and cereal.The shuttle bus takes you to LGA and every half hour will drop you off for a 5 minute walk to the subway station that will take you into Manhattan. Subway can be confusing-with construction and some error with signs, but locals were super helpful and friendly to give directions.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2008

I booked this Fairfield en route to a transatlantic sailing on the Queen Mary 2 from Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. I decided the proximity of the LaGuardia area to the cruise terminal was more appealing than the prospect of staying in Manhattan -- also more affordable. The journey from the airport to the hotel by shuttle took me through an industrial area, but still close to the airport. What I found waiting for me, in addition to a very pleasant room, was a most extraordinary staff -- from Jennifer and Eric to Peter, the general manager. Having had a rather harrowing flight -- after circling Baltimore for 30 minutes, our pilot could not get permission to land at LaGuardia and being low on fuel, we were forced to land at Islip and then return to LaGuardia within the hour -- I remembered at 4 PM on April 15 that I had not mailed my tax return. No problem -- Eric (front desk staff) whisked me off to the nearest post office, and waited while I negotiated the long, long line. The next morning Jennifer came to the rescue and shuttled me over to a nearby Target to purchase a few things I'd forgotten. The hotel also ran shuttle service to and from the train station into Manhattan. Going well beyond the call of duty, the delightful Jennifer and her husband went out of their way, on their own time, to take me to the cruise terminal when I had trouble booking a cab. Manager Peter Rooney has assembled a team of warm, friendly staff who take a personal interest in guaranteeing the satisfaction of their guests. I even received an email a few days later from Peter wishing me a delightful trip. When hotel staff have perfected the art of making their guests feel like family, what more can one ask. Kudos to everyone at the Fairfield LaGuardia Flushing.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed April 22, 2008

The best deal for NY area hotel.
The staffs are all friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2008

This is an excellent place to stay in New York if you don't mind a commute and not much scenery. It is in the middle of some auto salvage yards, but the free hotel shuttle can take you to downtown Flushing for some excellent chinese food and access to the #7 train, which goes to Times Square. The rooms were small, but immaculately clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2008

4 of us stayed at this hotel for Saturday night. WE chose this location due to proximity of Shea Stadium. Took the subway into Flushing and called the hotel for the shuttle to the hotel. At no point, did they mention that we had to walk 3 blocks to meet the shuttle so we stood waiting for it near the subway station. Finally, called the hotel and got the right directions. In the end, not a big deal and we knew for the next time. We left our bags there and didn't get back till late at night. Prompt Checkin, had 2 rooms next to each other. Good continental breakfast in the morning. No line for checkout on the way out.

Positives
1) Clean, quiet hotel
2) Shuttle was prompt and on time
3) Price
4) Proximity to Shea and LGA.

Negatives
1) Biggest - 45 minute minimum Subway ride to Manhattan.
2) Not much around hotel
3) Hotel was very warm. Could be a factor of it being a Spring day in NY

The shuttle was needed due to the 2 mile distance between the Subway and hotel. The station does drop you off in a Chinese neighborhood of Flushing so there is very little English spoken so it is tough to get directions.

While it was a nice hotel and at a decent rate, I probably wouldn't stay here again as its not worth the extra time on the subways or the shuttle.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank tchoiniere
Reviewed January 22, 2008

This is your typical airport hotel meant for one night stays before departing for travel.

The rooms were very small but neat. My room seemed pretty clean (including the bathroom) however, my coworker found toe nail clippings on her carpet.

The bed was very comfortable though my room's window faced the airport and I could hear and see planes taking off and landing through my thin curtains.

The bathroom was pretty clean. My only complaint about it was that the vent never turned off. Either the switch was stuck or it was made so that the vent never turned off. Either way, it was noisy.

There was easy access to the vending and ice machines and the hotel as a whole was pretty quiet.

The hotel staff made the stay worthwhile. They called me a few minutes after I settled into my room to make sure I had everything I needed and that the room was to my liking.

The staff was very friendly and even called a cab to take me and my coworkers into the city for dinner. They always greeted us when we left and entered the building and even offered us fresh Otis Spunkmeyer cookies while we waited for our cab in the lobby.

The lobby was very warm to combat the cold outside which was very inviting. The shuttle to the airport was a great help! It ran every 30 minutes, on time and drove safely.

The parking lot is very small but again this is an airport hotel so most people have rentals to return.

A nice place to spend one night.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flushing
Hotel de Point
Ramada Flushing Queens
#11 of 18 in Flushing
1 mi away
Best Western Queens Court Hotel

Been to Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing? Share your experiences!