“Not the Marriott I was used to”

Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had a 4 night stay reserved-with the intention from the start(financially it made more sense with the promo I had) of physically STAYING there only 2. After dealing with a long delay and other issues I finally arrived at LGA 2 1/2 later than planned and called the hotel courtesy phone at the airport as instructed. I was asked which airline I was at and told to go wait for the shuttle in the middle island. 30 or so minutes later I called the hotel directly from my cell and was told I wasn't even on their list but they'd send someone right away(which was to take about 15 minutes). About 25 minutes later I am FINALLY picked up. The girl at the desk was very nice, but very busy, and didn't quite catch what I was trying to explain about me staying-so when going down to leave on Friday morning(had a short cruise to nowhere planned) I again explained to the current girl at the desk that I would only need housekeeping to make up my bed and maybe give me a new towel-that I was NOT checking out, but also would not be sleeping there for 2 nights, returning Sunday. Because of this plan I left several items in the room since I ASSUMED it was still my room(as I was still paying for it). Nothing big-a half bottle of wine and a sandwich I planned to make use of on my return, a very handy and well liked cork screw/bottle opener and my TSA approved luggage lock(since I would not need it where I was going). Imagine my surprise to get back yesterday to find my room completely cleaned out like I had checked out!! It was all gone. Disappointed I didn't have my bit of wine and bite to eat...and not happy to lose my cork screw...but PISSED I was now going to have to fly home the next day hoping mine is not one of those suitcases you see coming out of the belt with all their belongings hanging out! The Sunday girl(again very nice) said she'd leave a note for housekeeping for me-and she must have, since as I was running out a 9am to catch my flight I was told I should know soon...but as I explained it was about to be too little too late.

Overall, I LOVE Marriott..and will continue to stay at the others I have - but here? NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: You are also right by the airport in a more industrial area. Great for needing to be by the airport...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bx2fla
Harold G, Manager at Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear bx2fla,

Thank you for your review.We have noted your comments and will use it to improve our service.
If you ever wish to share more details about your stay please contact us at hgonzalez@fairfieldinnlga.com. Thank you very much for staying with us. - Harold Gonzalez

Reviewed May 13, 2013

When our connecting flight from JFK was cancelled we had to find a hotel for the night. Went to the help desk at JFK and they found the Fairfield for us as our flight was going to be leaving from a different airport the following morning. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and the price included a free breakfast which was very nice indeed. Wouldn't recommend for a long stay, but perfectly adequate for an overnight. No bar, but wine and beer available to buy by the bottle.

Room Tip: We stayed in 303 which was fine - could see the Manhatten sky line if you looked past the cherry pic...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Harold G, Manager at Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Hello CockneySparrow201150,
I am so sorry to hear about your cancelled flight! In a perfect world, all flights would fly on time. I’ve been through it myself a couple times and it’s no fun. That’s why it’s so important for our staff to take care of our guest’s in times like these because here you get to relax and recover from a rough day of unexpected turn around. Our goal is to have you rejuvenated and get you to where you need to go! A night cap can help tremendously from time to time as well. I’m glad you got to make most of your last minute stay. Do come back for a visit next time you are around. Take care!

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Well when you need a nice clean room and friendly staff you will not be dissatisfied !
The breakfast was good and 5 min to LGA with a complimentary shuttle. They could upgrade the coffee with half n half in the rooms.
Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: May 2013

Hello Mark F,
I hope you have been well since your last stay. Thanks for taking the time out to write an awesome review. The breakfast is pretty good I must admit. Fresh cut fruit, sausage patties and scrambled eggs. Oh wait can’t forget those Belgian waffles fresh out the iron with some butter and syrup. Let me not get carried away. I’d like to let you know that we may not have half/half in the rooms but we do have plenty of it 24/7 down by the lobby area. We can send up to your room next time when you need some. We got you covered. Hope to see you again soon. Take care!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We came to NYC to celebrate our anniversary and decided to spend some time near the town we grew up in to visit friends and this hotel fit the bill. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are a good size, clean with a frig and microwave. The bathroom is good with a bathtub shower and lots of hot water. Located in industrial area so a car is helpful but staff says their shuttle can take you to pickup take a-ways. They offer a free hot breakfast. The shuttle will pick you up and take you to LaGuardia Airport. There is free parking although limited around the hotel but there is also street parking available. The only down side is the close proximity to LaGuardia and the sound of the airplanes taking off but that ceases during the night and they do not have a coin operated laundry on site. With that said I still would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in ground level room to try to minimize the sound of the airplanes taking off. We also ask...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello anniedosamiga,
Congratulations on your anniversary!!! Sounds like you had an amazing time here and I’m happy our hotel was able to add to that. Thank you for the raving review, our team will be excited to hear how your stay was a complete success. Free hot breakfast, free shuttle service and well trained and hospitable staff sounds just about right. Taking care of our guests is our never ending mission and you are our reminder of why we do it. We hope to see you return again soon. We’ll be here ready to give you an even bigger and better experience than last. Take care of yourself!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Wonderful hospitality that makes me feel at home. I was met with a great smile at the front desk, Mr.Gonzalez welcomed me to the hotel and introduced me to the facilities at the hotel and the surroundings and asked how they can make my stay any pleasant. I was wowed by this service. Any time I come I will stay at this Marriott. I am an Elite. This places deserves recognition. Thank you!

Room Tip: Not to many dinner options nearby. Do ask front desk about options
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Harold G, Manager at Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Hello Fayez S,
I am very familiar with you. I’m sincerely glad I was able to help improve your travels. One thing is to offer an excellent service another is to receive much appreciation for it. You did say you will return and I’ll hold you to it. It was lovely having you stay with us. Feel free to contact me for your future reservations. We’ll take good care of you. Until next time, take very good care of yourself!!!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel with a view, this isn't it, but if you want a nice place to stay, the Fairfield Inn will do you just fine. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the staff really does a great job of making your stay very pleasant. Extra props for the shuttle driver who not only got us where we needed to go, but actually carried on a conversation.

Room Tip: The hotel is close to the airport, so expect jet noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Warren M

Hello Warren M,
Thank you for the much appreciated comments. Our staff here is spectacular. Everyone here is a leader of their own and drives guest satisfaction through the roof. We are the Fairfield Inn, a place you can sigh in relief on arrival and forget the rest because “we got you covered”. Our drivers love talking, and they talk not just about anything but on how they can improve your stay. They want to know about you. Everyone understands the meaning of hospitality here and we are so proud of it. Please return anytime, we will be here ready to serve you. Thank you

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have picked this hotel for it's distance from LaGuardia airport.
Arrived late at night and I was truly glad that I am not alone for this ride through the industral, not so friendly looking neighbohood. Pothole upon the pothole led us to the front of the hotel. Parking lot was full, street parking behind the hotel was available. Our room was on second(first) floor, facing lot full of heavy industrial vehicles. Room was very basic, looking tired, but clean. Bathroom shows its age as well, but once again, it was spotless.
Two double beds, chair, desk, and chest of drawers leaves no room to move around freely. The heating unit under the window was blowing directly over the bed that is just a step away from it. Beds were comfortable, pillows were good as well. Linens have a bit of abrasive feel to them, towels in the bathroom deserve to be replaced.
The hotel was rather quiet, street was calm but only due to the fact that we were staying over the weekend.
Breakfast area was overflowing with people, no chairs and table were available, no trays either so we could take the food to the room. Selection of food was great and fresh waffles saturated the lobby with inviting smell...but we had no chance to try as we could not get through the crowds and eventually we gave up trying to spill coffee on ourselves or someone else.
I have inquired about Marriott hotel membership and was asked if I am resident of USA...and if I can provide US address. The booklet was not available anyway, apparently they run out of them. This was my only interaction with the staff and it left me feeling unappreciated as a guest.
I would reccomend to stay over for transfer purposes only as the neigborhood and location is not suitable for outings and I am sure that during work days this must be very loud and not so great looking place for city trip.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LuvToTravel061
Harold G, Manager at Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear LuvToTravel061,
Thank you for the helpful feedback. We will record your comments to track our trends and assess our never ending plans on improving our hotel. If you haven’t yet already discussed any dissatisfaction of your stay to our management team please feel free to contact me as I will be more than happy to assist with correcting your experience. Please email me at hgonzalez@fairfieldinnlga.com. Do not hesitate to reach out to me I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you so much for staying with our property. We know you have many options to select from and you chose to stay with Marriott.