“Don't Be Fooled by the Location”

Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Don't Be Fooled by the Location”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

What a terrific place. Staff is top notch especially Stephanie the Front Office Manager. The hotel is remarkably clean and remarkably well run. Rooms are clean, design perfect, everything functional and the beds comfortable. Wifi was dependable even in the Thunderstorms. The GM (Robert) is personable and concerned with guest needs.

Breakfast room is small. Standard Fairfield spread - which Marriott HAS to change. The menus in the room (Italian and Chinese) both were excellent dinners. I got lazy and ate in both nights. Coffee and tea always available -- popcorn and cookies during certain evening hours. Free but very limited parking available.

When the NYPD Academy opens across the street, this property will likely be 100% occupancy almost every night. It's a shame because for the rate paid, this was real value in the overpriced, general not-so-nice LaGuardia area.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the street and it was not bad at all.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Probably2Picky
Harold G, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Marc R,
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you choosing Fairfield Inn LaGuardia Flushing for your hotel accommodating needs. Your review is music to my ears. It’s good to know that the hotel staff and leader is being recognized as everyone puts in hard work to do their part. Please come back anytime and let us know that you are also. Contact me personally at hgonzalez@fairfieldinnlga.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I arrived at the hotel late the night before an early flight from LGA... The hotel is not in an ideal location.. between the residential part of Flushing and a large industrial area near the airport. When I arrived late at night there was no parking available in the small lot there.. the person at the desk didn't seem to care and told me I could park on the street (I was not too keen on that idea). The hotel itself is very utilitarian -- good for the short purposeful stay.. but nothing I'd ever recommend for any other reason. There are no restaurants nearby... and I wouldn't venture out for a walk.....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Harold G, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear katredd,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you choosing Fairfield Inn LaGuardia Flushing for your hotel accommodating needs. I appreciate the comments and the ample description. We work effortlessly to make sure there aren’t any obstructions throughout your stay. I understand that parking is a most formidably limited factor. A common issue faced in the NYC area but one that we are here to help with. The side road you are referring to is a frequently guarded one by our neighboring Con Ed Security that makes the vehicles there safe to park. I do most certainly apologize for your experience on parking by the hotel. We do focus on making your stay from beginning to end as easy and transitional as possible and I’d like to know more details. Please feel free to contact me at hgonzalez@fairfieldinnlga.com. I look forward to speaking with you. Once again I appreciate your selection in our hotel and I hope after this you’ll be willing to return and recommend our hotel in the future.
Derby, UK
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Let's be honest. This is no more than a dormitory for LGA/JFK flyers. You'll not be spending your holiday/vacation here. The hotel is shoe-horned into a corner plot in an industrial estate, located with only a couple of turns off I678. Despite its size, there's still free car parking, or if that's full (as it was when we came back from our search for food), there's on-street car parking. We were in a rental so I wasn't bothered, I'd perhaps be a bit more cautious if it was my own car I was leaving there though!

We were very warmly welcomed and our room on the "first floor" (which could confuse locals as it was one floor up from ground level, which would more commonly be Floor 2 in the US?) was clean and comfortable. Free WiFi is included (a real plus) and there's a microwave in the room if you wish to purchase frozen meals from the lobby. Otherwise, that's your lot for dining on site. A couple of menus are included in the room for local companies which deliver to the hotel. We chose to drive a mile or so south along College Point Blvd into Flushing itself, where there is a choice of places to eat (we chose Applebees in the Sky View Mall, where there is three hours free parking, and weren't disappointed).

A continental breakfast is included in the room rate, but we were out for our flight from JFK before that started (which, to be fair, is as early as 05:00 - but still too late for us!).

In summary, not cheap on the face of it, but its convenience for the airports (there's a shuttle to LGA), the included 'extras' such as parking, breakfast and WiFi make it better value. Just don't expect great things of the hotel and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Derby_Dave_UK
Harold G, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Derby Dave Uk,

Thanks for your modest feedback, we certainly do appreciate everything you said. I'm glad you had a positive stay and you were able to use the features that were available to you. Our hotel was indeed build to provide service to and from LaGuardia Airport and that is the hotel's biggest strength. Although, our service does not end there. What is most important to you as the guest is what we focus on to make your stay exceptionally well and that's where I believe our property is like no other. Do to our compact size our staff is allowed more time with you on a personable level. Warm friendly service can not be exchanged with anything else. We are really happy to have has you stay with our property and give us your feedback. You must return again sometime. You can expect for your next stay to be better than the last.
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Eat at the airport before you arrive at this hotel. There are not any restaurants close by and looked to be placed in the center of a construction zone. Front desk was very helpful in getting taxi/car service. Noise in the rooms is very loud between construction outside and other guests doors slamming inside.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Harold G, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Hcamb,

Thank you for taking out the time to review our property. Your feedback is much appreciated.
I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Many of the highest rated restaurants in Flushing are located within a mile radius of our hotel. A distance our shuttle service gladly takes guests too. Also alternatively, we keep delivery services very optional at our front desk. There you can request a bundle of menus readily prepared with some of our most raved about restaurants within the area. We are here to help you keep your belly full and your heart happy.

We do apologize for the sound, for your peace of mind our well trained front desk staff will be sure to place you in the quitest location per request next time around.

We do hope to see you return. Thank you so much for your stay.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Next to DPW yard where heavy trucks make noise at all hours. Should have used triple pane glass. On this last trip Internet was very hard to connect to for both me and business associate. Hard to get and work done. Look for cat 5 cable in nightstand it helped one of us to connect. Good shuttle to Chinatown where you can catch the 7 train in the subway right to Times Sq 42nd St. Make sure you remember the stair you come up from because if you enter the subway on 42nd near the Port Authority Terminal you will have a long walk underground to the 7 train back

• Stayed February 2013
Hi Dennysre,

Thank you for the feedback.

I'm sorry for the mishaps during your stay. Triple pane glass is an excellent suggestion and is something the owner of the building will be taking a look at in order to make our hotel extra comfortable. Please do not hesitate to inform us of your connectivity issues with our wireless. We have a 24 hour company "SafetyNet" that we pay and would like to put them to good use with any wireless concerns and can get you connected to our network right away without issue.

I am happy to hear you are taking advantage of our shuttle features. Our front desk staff is very good on finding commutes around NYC and can assist in finding the easiest ways around. Yours in particular we will keep note of to share with future guests.

I appreciate you for selecting our hotel and I hope to see you return. Please be sure to advise the front desk you are here so they can notify me and I can personally greet you myself. Thank you

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for work near the hotel. The shuttle was easy and picked me up quickly near the Long Island rail road station.
The rooms were small but well organized, I would stay again.
The breakfast was standard Fairfield although I missed by usual hard boil eggs.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank wjones59
Hi Wjones59,

Thank you so much for your review.

I'm glad you would consider returning as we are looking forward to keep given you reasons to return. Our rooms do average out to about 220 sqft per room and are relatively the same. Do to the design in a very few rooms it is possible we can accommodate you into one with more leg room. Just ask the front desk, perferably ahead of time and we will take care of that for you.

As great as the Farifeild Inn Breakfast is, it will be making a change for the better by offering new hot items such as breakfast patties and warm biscuits and also scrambled eggs. I do like the thought of hard boiled eggs as an offer also so don't be surprised if you see them in the next couple of weeks to come.

You are welcome back anytime. We will be awaiting your next stay. See you then and thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn

Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed January 31, 2013

When traveling to the Brooklyn area I always stay at The Faitfield Inn on College Pt. Blvd.
The management and the entire staff are the best I've ever experienced. They go way beyond to make you feel welcomed and comfortable. I cannot say enough good things about this location. They treat you like you'd want to be treated and then some.
When I'm in the area this is where I'll always stay!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Steven E
Harold G, Manager at Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hi Steven E,

Thank you for the fantastic review. It is good to hear that your stays are turning out successful at Fairfield Inn LaGuardia Flushing. Please do keep coming back it's always great to see you. Just let me know ahead time before you come around again and we'll take care of the reservations for you.

Until next time Steven!!! See you soon,

Sales Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flushing
Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport
#12 of 18 in Flushing
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
#3 of 12 in East Elmhurst

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing

Property: Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing
Address: 2866 College Point Blvd, Flushing, NY 11354-2512
Location: United States > New York > Queens > Flushing
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing 2.5*
At the Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing our guests appreciate the blend of comfort, convenience and affordability. Conveniently located near LaGuardia Airport, Citi Field, and the U.S. Tennis Center, our LaGuardia hotel provides a free shuttle from 4:30 a.M. Until 12 a.M. To and from LaGuardia Airport, and to the #7 train located two blocks away from the hotel with a short commute into New York City. Take advantage of our additional complimentary amenities including high-speed Internet access, and a hot breakfast daily. Catch up on work in our 24-hour business center, or keep up with your workout routine in our well-appointed fitness center. Treat yourself to a few little indulgences while you're here: Pick up freshly baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies and popcorn at our friendly front desk. Reserve your next stay online today. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Marriott, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn New York Laguardia Airport/Flushing Hotel Flushing