Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Easton, Maryland
“Great value for nyc”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Not a fancy location, but a convenient location to the LIE and the airport. Very friendly service, super clean, nice breakfast. Very comfortable beds. In a rather industrial area, but not a bad neighborhood, and great location to tour around. If you are looking for clean and good price near LGA, this is it.

Room Tip: Not at all noisy from 10 - 7, but like all airport locations, noisy during the day. Don't be pu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Korean first
Grove City, Ohio
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I would have enjoyed my overnight stay if the following episode had not taken place! I have a bone disease that requires a daily self injection of a very expensive medicine that is $1200.00 a month for a 28 daily supply called Forteo. The medicine has to be refrigerated because it is a synthetic man made hormone and is delivered on dry ice. since the hotel did not have a refrigerator in my room I asked the hotel staff if they had a refrigerator where they could store it over night. the young lady behind the desk said yes and offered to send some one to the room to pick it up but I told her that I would rather come down to personally hand it to her along with the ice pack to insure that she understood the medicine had to be refrigerated and not put in the freezer with the ice pack. the next day when I was checking out the manager on duty retrieved the medicine and the ice pack and brought it to my attention that the medicine had been put in the freezer and the icepack in the refrigerator. he apologized for the mix up and at this point since I was traveling from another state I had to locate a pharmacy and the medicine had to be shipped from a speciality pharmacy. I contacted the GM Robert -- of this hotel and explained my situation and asked to be reimbursed for the medicine or at least some hospitality passes, he was very rude and stated that he didn't believe the medicine was ruined. after sending him a letter from my Dr. explaining how long I had been on the medication also included the information from the pharmacy about storing it along with the bill from the pharmacy he was still not willing to reimburse me or compensate me in any kind of way for the inconvience this had cost me as a customer. and what is so said about this is that when I checked out a letter was sent to my email stating as a valued guest if you experienced any problems during your stay feel free to contact us and let us know how we may correct and better your stay in the near future! I am so distraught about the way a GM would treat a customer and if he were in my shoes he would not want to receive this type of treatment! I have also tried to contact the 3rd party owner Chris XU since this is not a corporate owned busines and when I call the hotel they will not give him any messages!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anita p
Wheeling, WV
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

This Fairfield is a bit simpler than most, but that is balanced by two factors: 1) all the staff is very friendly and extremely helpful; and, 2)If this place is a reasonable (cost wise) alternative to NYC's very high prices for lodging. There is shuttle service to/from LaGuardia, but even better the hotel provides excellent shuttle service to/from the Flushing Main Street station where the #7 train is a direct
30-minute shot to downtown Manhattan. Unsure about how to use rhe subway? No worry. The helpful staff will point the way. Save some bucks! Stay here.

• Stayed December 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The staff was very helpful and welcoming. I enjoyed my stay. I would definitely consider going back and would recommend to anyone in search of a hotel. The room I stayed in was clean and the breakfast was great. I don't have any complaints. the staff was extremely helpful in helping me get access and information about nyc

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
N.Y
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Needed a quick break to sleep and relax and I must say. This hotel was exceptional. The staff was good, the early morning breakfast was tasty. The bed and room was clean. Can't complain at all about this hotel. Will definitely come back to this hotel. Actually, I may just make it my local getaway hotel. HA

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Watsonville, California
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The staff at this Inn was very helpful. They offer shuttle service to & from airports, Rental Car & subway stations. They helped me map out my subway trips to make traveling in NY more pleasant.
The only problem I have in general with Marriott Hotels in general is they charge for water...such a small welcome gift to have an inexpensive bottle of water in thge room...

I would stay her again because of the location making it easy commute in NY.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, IL
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last month for 3 nights. He had stayed at the hotel previously but it was my first trip to New York City. I will say this is a nice hotel. The 24-hour shuttle picks you up from the airport and also drops you at the airport (less than 15 minutes drive). The shuttle will also drop you about a mile down the road to a spot where you can walk two blocks to the Main Street/Flushing stop on the Number 7 Subway line. From there you can take the subway into Manhattan (or wherever you want to go.) CitiField and the U.S. Open tennis grounds are very close. In fact, the shuttle driver dropped us off here because we wanted to see both places. You can then catch the #7 Subway right at CitiField/U.S. Open into Manhattan.

The free breakfast is adequate for most mornings. You have a choice of cereals, pastries, fruit and you can make yourself a waffle. Juice and coffee are also available. On Saturday morning we did however walk a half-block down to Sparky's deli (the deli is open until 2 pm on Saturday; ) for a delicious, inexpensive breakfast (huge 3-egg omelet, homefries and toast for $4.75!). We also ate there for lunch the morning we arrived (excellent turkey/swiss sandwich).

Most of the reviews regarding this hotel are correct: the planes do take off every minute from 5:30 am to 9:30ish pm; the view from your window is not picturesque; and there are no restaurants within easy walking distance.

So what? The hotel is next to LaGuardia Airport...of course you are going to hear airplanes. However we were so tired from walking all over Manhattan each day, we hardly heard them when we arrived back to the hotel (and after 10:00 pm you don't hear them.). As far as a view from the hotel room, I wasn't in the room long enough to even care. We spent the majority of the time doing what we came to NYC for...visiting NYC. As far as dining possibilities again it wasn't an issue because we were in Manhattan for most of our meals. Once we did order pizza from Cascarino's on our last night. They deliver to your room and the pizza was OK.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely! It's a decent hotel for a decent price. I like the fact that I have transportation to/from the airport, the shuttle service is more than adequate (sometimes you do have to wait a few minutes to be picked up.) and it comes with an adequate FREE breakfast. The complaints about airplanes, ugly views and lack of restaurants do not concern me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank newmurphy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flushing
Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport
Ramada Flushing Queens
#12 of 18 in Flushing
SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens

Been to Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing

Property: Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing
Address: 2866 College Point Blvd, Flushing, NY 11354-2512
Location: United States > New York > Queens > Flushing
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing 2.5*
At the Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing our guests appreciate the blend of comfort, convenience and affordability. Conveniently located near LaGuardia Airport, Citi Field, and the U.S. Tennis Center, our LaGuardia hotel provides a free shuttle from 4:30 a.M. Until 12 a.M. To and from LaGuardia Airport, and to the #7 train located two blocks away from the hotel with a short commute into New York City. Take advantage of our additional complimentary amenities including high-speed Internet access, and a hot breakfast daily. Catch up on work in our 24-hour business center, or keep up with your workout routine in our well-appointed fitness center. Treat yourself to a few little indulgences while you're here: Pick up freshly baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies and popcorn at our friendly front desk. Reserve your next stay online today. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fairfield Inn New York Laguardia Airport/Flushing Hotel Flushing