“Nice hotel but not for airport purposes” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Parc Hotel

The Parc Hotel
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Flushing
New York City, New York
“Nice hotel but not for airport purposes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

After multiple flight cancellations I needed a hotel near LaGuardia. The nearby ones were booked, so I chose The Parc at random. It is very close to a huge big box shopping complex. To my surprise and delight, the greeting late on a rainy night was friendly, and he described a roof top lounge where folks could unwind. He also mentioned two free bottle of water in the room, with more available at $1.00 each. To a weary traveler this was welcome news. Arriving in the room, I found those free bottles in the mini refrigerator, and was delighted by a modern, clean, and fresh room with sleek and convenient design features. The lovely bed had many pillows, and smooth white sheets. Blackout shades and individual temperature control, a rarity in NY hotels, completed the picture. Breakfast was also included, but my flight was so early that I missed sampling it. The hotel was NOT prepared for airport traffic, however: no place ro print out boarding passes, which several who were in the lobby at 5:30 am were seeking, and no easy transport. The best the security guy on the desk could do was call a cab at a fixed $17.00 fare, or recommend using the city bus across the street, for which they did not know the schedules. So for those not heading to LGA, I highly recommend this hotel as a great value.

Room Tip: All are nice and quite recently renovated.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Dbhmb

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is the hotel that finally got me to stop being just a TripAdvisor mooch, but to actually start contributing. Compared to what you need from a (reasonably) nearby airport hotel, this place well exceeded expectations. Rooms are very clean and come with plenty of amenities... including Nespresso machine, mini-fridge, and free wifi. As for other hotel services, the staff was very friendly, the fitness room has nice new equipment, and there is free breakfast (which starts at 6:30... so perhaps a little late for getting to the airport for early am flight).

Extra clutch benefit if you wind up staying b/c of flight cancellation... there is a shopping center across the street with a Target in it. Good place to have nearby in case you need to pick up something for your extra unplanned night of travel.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the train tracks are likely quieter, though the train noise is not intolerable even...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Katherine H
THPARC, General Manager at The Parc Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Katherine,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. Your feedback is much appreciated.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Parc Hotel soon.

Best Regards,

Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My late flight out of LGA was cancelled. Since everyone else's flights were cancelled too, the dependable chain hotels were all booked. I chose The Parc Hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. I was very pleased with the property. I was given a complimentary upgrade to a corner room on a high floor when I arrived. Loved the Bigelow toiletries. The fitness center was small but adequate. I'm not a breakfast person so I didn't have a problem with the selection. I also loved the contemporary decor and didn't expect a stovetop, which would make the room convenient for longer stays. The room was clean; however, management should add cleaning the baseboards to the housekeeping checklist. The baseboards in my room and the hallways were laden with dust which marred an otherwise pristine appearance. Guests should note that the cab from/to the airport costs between $16 and $20 which, when added to the hotel charge, increases the room cost considerably. Also, it's pretty hard to hail a cab in front of the hotel so I ended up walking a few blocks to a busier street. The clerk was very friendly. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Ready4thenextplace
THPARC, General Manager at The Parc Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Ready4thenextplace,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate and value all of our guest’s feedback. We have shared your feedback with our Housekeeping team, and We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Best regards,

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Had a flight cancelled and everything near airport was booked solid. Found it through Tripadvisor and it had good reviews. Decided to try it and was not disappointed. Clean rooms, friendly service and great price. It's location is a bit of a drawback but 10 minutes from LaGuardia and excellent deal made up for it. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Chih C, General Manager at The Parc Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Thorupsky,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I had spent the day at LaGaurdia airport waiting for a delayed flight that was eventually cancelled. We wanted to find a hotel near the airport and happened to come across "The Parc Hotel" and I am so glad that we did! From the moment we walked in the doors we knew we were in a special place. The hotel is very modern and clean. Our room was spacious and spotless! The bed was so comfortable I felt like I was at home! But what really sets The Parc Hotel apart from other hotels is the staff. The staff was unbelievable.

When our flight was cancelled AGAIN the next day, we didn't wait a second to call The Parc Hotel and returned for one more night.

If we ever find ourselves in Flushing NY again we will certainly stay at The Parc Hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank BritandSan
Dear Britandsan,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us, and I am thrilled to hear you had a terrific stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Parc Hotel soon.

Best Regards,

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

like many other reviewers here, i ended up at the parc hotel after my flight out of laguardia was canceled. snagged a room on hotel tonight for a really great price and was actually delighted with the hotel. check in went smoothly (brian at the front desk was awesome) and the room was very well appointed. super comfy bed. the rooftop bar was a good place to commiserate with other thwarted travelers who were also stranded for the night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

My flight was canceled. I found the hotel through Hotel Tonight. Great price, from a distance it looked questionable (especially at night) however, once I got inside its style rivaled the most modern of Las Vegas hotels (I'm looking at you Cosmopolitan)

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flushing
Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport
Howard Johnson Flushing
#8 of 17 in Flushing
4.0 of 5 stars 137 reviews
Marco LaGuardia Hotel by Lexington

Been to The Parc Hotel? Share your experiences!