“Very Disappointing”

Tequila Sunrise
Ranked #347 of 704 Restaurants in Flushing
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 1, 2013

As one of the other reviewers said, this place has been around for years. I didn't find recent reviews in tripadvisor since it is listed as a Flushing restaurant. It is solidly in Bayside and nowhere near Flushing. That being said, it's not worth a visit unless your only reason for eating Mexican food is to hear a Mariachi band during dinner.

Our party of 7 made a last minute decision to go to dinner. We called ahead to see if they had seating for 7. They did, but wouldn't take our name or hold the table despite our telling them we would be there within 10 minutes ("we don't do that anymore"). We arrived and were promptly seated. The table had 6 place settings and although the service was friendly, I had to ask 3 times to get a 7th table setting. We ordered a round to drinks (they were good) and then our appetizers and main course.

We were about half way through our appetizers when the wait staff came to collect them. I didn't understand why until I saw our main courses right behind them. The choice was to send the main back and finish the appetizers or just proceed. Our group chose the latter since the appetizers were only mediocre. Our main courses weren't much better. I had ordered a combination platter (crispy taco, burrito, enchilada). There was so much liquid on the bottom of the plate, everything was soggy in minutes. The others in our party had similar experiences. The food itself did not seem very flavorful and almost bland. We skipped desert.

As I said, for drinks and a Mariachi band it is passable. For anything else, its not woth the trip.

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This place has been around for a really long time, and you can tell. The atmosphere is cheesey mexican. The drinks are not that great. The bartenders are inattentive, and the food is nothing to really talk about. Just standard.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nothing to brag about. It is a neighborhood place with lot's of noise. Food is average. I would not go out of my way to come here. Too much action and noise. I felt i was going to a singles bar with ordinary people that seemed they were there to get picked up. Not for me.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

This is the place to go if you are looking for some good Mexican food, some frozen drinks and a fun atmosphere. The food is not the best Mexican food I've ever had, but it is good and the portions are big. You will enjoy it.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

There are maybe 100's of Mexican places to eat at in Queens. This is more like a chain place and its not really that cheap. I ate here maybe twice.