2 people are viewing this hotel
$110
Fully refundable before Fri, Mar 15
Breakfast included
Multiple ways to pay
All reviews free breakfast rice porridge front desk hotel is located nan xiang subway stop citi field convenient location neighborhood toothbrushes congee refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed April 1, 2019

Big cities and unfamiliar destinations don't scare me.

If you can say likewise, I highly recommend you stay at the Asiatic Hotel for your NYC adventure-on-a-budget! Why the disclaimer? This hotel is in the middle of what the front desk clerk called "New Chinatown". All of the surrounding businesses have signs in Chinese, and most of the people in the hotel and on the street were speaking Chinese. For my less-traveled 12-year-old daughter who was with me, it came as a shock.

I loved our stay at the Asiatic. It can be tricky to notice from the street (see photo), so we had to remember that it was just past the place with the sun-shaped door handles.The rooms are tidy and comfortable, and you'll even get a pair of slippers to use while you're there. The Wifi was flawless. The continental breakfast had food you'd expect, like hard-boiled eggs, cereal and pastries, with the fun additions of steamed buns (pork, red bean, plain), rice porridge, and pickled vegetables! (There's also a tip plate by the door, if you feel inclined to leave one for the attendant.)

The subway stop for the 7/Purple Line is just a few blocks away, and it's the end of the line: no worries about missing our stop. Getting to Manhattan only took 30-45 minutes on the subway, depending on the time of day.

Plus, LaGuardia is only a 10-minute Uber ride away; you can check your luggage at the front desk if you've got a later flight, giving you another day to explore before you head out.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

It’s a 2* hotel,worth the place,complimentary slippers ,toothbrush and paste are a good touch.although there’s no milk for making hot drinks.rooms are clean,there is airport nearby ,but there is no Flight during the night,so we didn’t experience any noise.overall good.will stay again.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank asham0la
Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

Overall for the money this was a great stay. Our room was very clean. We loved that there was a tea pot. A few minor negatives but nothing too bad. Very limited amenities. Our room was in a quiet section which we were very thankful.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

The reception is not polite enough. They ask for deposit for every little thing. Deposit just for stay 100 dollars.deposit for plug adaptor 50 dollars.deposit for cables. Early check in? Nottt. There is an old lady at breakfast and staring at you when you eat. If you dont like something from the breakfast items she will not let you eat others. Haha . But overall is a decent hotel at queens. At reasonable price.i would stay again here.rooms are big.clean.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2018

I have stayed at the Asiatic Hotel in Flushing about 10 times, and I like it. A lot. I simply refuse to pay $300 a night in Manhattan. I pay around $100 to $125 a night at the Asiatic and I get more: refrigerator, microwave, wood floors, king bed, or twins. My room is always spotless, they never make a mistake with my reservation. They arrange a car to take me to LaGuardia or JFK, always much less than a taxi, always on time. OK, some of the staff here struggle with their English, but I don't care, they are super efficient and never make mistakes. Don't be put off by the entrance, it doesn't look like much. It is not glamorous. But, inside the hotel, inside the rooms, everything is clean, modern, efficient, and perfect. I love this place.

Room tip: I prefer the rooms on high floors (7th to 9th). Facing the front of the hotel. I also always request a refrigerator + microwave.
Date of stay: December 2018