“Delicious layover”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had just enough time between arriving at LGA and departing from JFK to hit up Biang on the way for some lamb dumplings, skewers, and noodles. They can moderate the heat level but all the dishes are spiced well with cumin and sichuan peppercorns (tingly not hot). A bit on salty-side, but still very tasty. Modern setting for Flushing and was continuously packed with locals and manhattaners alike. Not terribly spacious, but was still able to find room to stow my 2 huge bags for my impending international flight out of JFK.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

If you like spicy food, this is the place. They serve a variety of appetizers and skewers (lamb, seafood, chicken pork), including some of, shall we say, interesting "parts". These can be very spicy, so be forewarned. However, the highlight here are the flour-based dishes (buns, dumplings, noodles). My favorite is Mt. Qi Pork Biang-Biang Noodles. Order it as the soup version. Only $7.75. Very spicy and delicious. It can be a bit messy but so worth it.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The premise is that here you can get food like off the carts in Chinese big cities, esp in the North. Lots of house made pulled noodle dishes - noodles stretchy, firm and authentic. Many things on skewers: warning -- small portions here. The famed lamb dumplings (their only dumplings, steamed or in broth) pretty good, but considering you are in Flushing, where you can get superb soup dumplings, not outstanding. Had a nice lotus root/pork dish, and the tofu is housemade and really succulent.

1  Thank JulesVerne1
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We went to Biang on Christmas night. Downtown Flushing was hopping. I am an loyal fan of Xian Famous Foods in Flushing, and when I read they had opened a sitdown restaurant, I had to go. It's a narrow space, informal, busy. On first entering, there a few high tables with stools; the rest of the place has low tables with wooden blocks for chairs.
Laura ordered Spicy Cumin Chicken Skewers (3.75), and Spicy & Tingly Beef Biang-Biang Noodles ($6, plus $1.25 extra as a soup); I ordered Spicy Cumin Lamb Burgers (2 for $6, smaller versions of the classic I get at Xi'an Famous Foods), and Stir-fried Liang Pi "Cold Skin" Noodles ($6) which was very spicy. Laura ordered a bottle of Kingfisher ($5), and I ordered a bottle of Sapporo ($4).
Yeah, a bottle of beer for four bucks. Food was excellent, service a mite slow. Recommended, especially for those who like spicy spice

1  Thank Flushing G
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Four of us went to Biang on a Sunday night (of a holiday weekend), and had to wait for 20 minutes, despite a reservation. Three of us were Chinese and we had high expectations for this New York Times reviewed restaurant. Having been to Xian Famous Foods in New York city's chinatown, we already knew what to expect and were not disappointed. For the uninitiated, the food is close in taste to Schezuan cuisine, but with interesting twists such as their unique noodles and the use of lamb. Perhaps it was our choice of dishes, but after a while, our palates were saturated and everything taste the same. If you enjoy spicy chinese food, or are tired of dim sum, Cantonese or Shanghainese food, Biang is a worthwhile spot to venture out to.