All reviews chinese buffet rooftop restaurant front desk karaoke bar seafood restaurant free parking new york top floor college point hotel lobby free breakfast room was spacious long island laguardia airport definitely stay here again la guardia flushing area
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Got a room where the AC was not working properly. It did keep the room cool, but it was so loud. There was no way to adjust the fan speed. It sounded like you were at the airport or a wind tunnel. The staff said that it was normal. Then they later admitted the AC was broken, and they had called maintenance. The problem was, maintenance was not available until the next day. I left the next day and didn't want to wait around.

Also, there was an annoying humming noise from outside. So, a wind tunnel and a drone. how do you sleep through that? I know I didn't.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank KLWT
Kit L, General Manager at Hotel de Point, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear tna10006,

I apologize that it seemed like we were lying to you. We have been dealing with the loud A/C units (mentioned by other reviewers) and unfortunately my staff assumed instead of making sure. It is never our intent to lie to a guest as social media will always make someone think twice about being dishonest. As a star contributor for tripadvisor, I do hope that you accept my sincere apology.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a flight to and back from La Guardia and we were dropping off one of the family members to JFK. So this hotel location was ideal for us.
The hotel was clean, the décor is modern and we got it for a good price, so it was great value. They also let us check in early.There is free shuttle service to and fro from the airport as well to the subway station which worked out well for us.
The neighborhood is predominantly Asian neighborhood and did not feel unsafe. It has a Asian supermarket downstairs and a hotel on the rooftop. The continental breakfast was included and the view from the roof top was great. We could see the NY city line and the flights take off from La Guardia.
The only minor negatives we could find was that the AC was a bit noisy and the room lacked a full length mirror.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Kit L, General Manager at Hotel de Point, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Webwatch,

Thank you so much for the perfect score. You gave a honest review even down to the noisy air conditioner. We have been and still working with the manufacturer about the noise generating from the air conditioners. I hope to get this issue resolved sooner than later. Thank you for taking the time out to write the review.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I booked the room a few nights before my friend was coming to town. I met my friend at the airport and we called the hotel to inquire about the hotel's shuttle service from the airport. We were told that the shuttle was on it's way several times. We made three calls to the hotel and even left our number so we could be called when the shuttle arrived to our terminal. We literally waited over an hour and no shuttle or phone call. We ended up paying $16 to take a cab over to the hotel. We checked in and were impressed with the modern look of the hotel. We left our bags and went to find a restaurant to eat. Yes, the area is very Asian and if you are tourist not used to walking then it may not be for you. My friend and I walked to a great Chinese restaurant on College Point Blvd. We got a call from the hotel saying the shuttle had arrived an hour later! So we would have been at the airport waiting for a total two hours. I wouldnt depend on their shuttle service.

The room was really cute and chic. Large screen TV was a plus even though half the channels were in Chinese LOL We watched HBO all night. Breakfast was typical hotel food you would get anywhere.
I actually liked this place. Check out was a breeze.

Dear YourShyness,

Thank you for the honest review. You said a lot of great things about us and we appreciate it. As you can our shuttle service is still a work in progress. I'm sure the next time you come visit us we will be able to pick you up and drop you off without delay. Again, thank you for the great review.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My booking number is 34252459, I was double charged by this hotel. I made a reservation from agoda , I had paid to agoda, but the hotel still charge me again. I called to them, the phone is always business, I emailed to them ,no response. I feel so sad . You have to pay attention for your reservation, do not book there. I think there are some problems with the hotel management. !!!

Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Agister S

Dear Agister S.,

I want to apologize and to let you know that your credit card has been credited back the full amount. We have contacted agoda to let them know of our mistake. I'm not sure why our phones were busy but I will look into that. Again, I apologize for our error and hope you give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stay here recently, it's really very bad idea to chose here. This hotel did not show me the professional behavior, staff ware red dance skirt to checked me in, I could not recognize who is hotel staff and who is guest . When I got my room , the AC is really noise for the whole night. it's a nightmare.another worst thing is my credit card was double charged. I was told that we will get my money back in 2 weeks. My experience will tell you how bad this hotel is, please do not give you credit card information to them. this hotel is the worst one I have met.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank David L
Kit L, General Manager at Hotel de Point, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear David L.,

I apologize that my staff was unprofessional to you and would like to speak about this issue further along with solving you credit card issue. My number is 718-358-8700.
You are correct about the way the staff is dressed. I have a lot of new employees and we are currently getting them new uniforms. We are also in close contact with the air condition manufacturer to figure out why the air conditioners are creating that much noise. I hope you give us another chance in the future.