All reviews chinese buffet rooftop restaurant karaoke bar strong shower new york seafood restaurant top floor minute bus ride hotel entrance street level airport transportation free breakfast room key decent breakfast room was spacious free shuttle long island
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Located in Flushing, not far from airports, shuttles available, free parking.

Shares a complex with Chinese supermarket & bakery, a huge buffet restaurant and karaoke - very convenient.

Modern and minimalism design for the room - all white, nice bathroom and toiletries, free HD satellite TV programs and free wifi.

On the other hand, AC is a bit loud and cold...

Complimentary breakfast available on the rooftop restaurant, great view of the city and the river.

Great value overall.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Kit L, General Manager at Hotel de Point, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Knapweed,

Thank you very much for positive and fair review. You are right about the A/C and we are currently replacing some already. Please look us up when you are in the area again.

Kit Leung

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at Hotel De Point a couple months ago. They provide free parking, continental breakfast and WIFI as well. The room is ok in size but new and clean. I would recommend it. However from previous post, I would keep my valuables locked up.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BobY425
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed there for one night. First it is hard to find - the small entrance is over powered by the big supermarket / convinence store next door which occupys the first floor. By the time found it, you already in disbelieve and unhappy with the hotel's location. 2nd, the front dest has a couple of people working who make you feel that you picked up a cheap hotel so that's whay you got. The room I checked in had someone's staff still there - appearantly someone had not checked out yet. We were changed to another room but it was made like they did us a favor. We could not leave fast in the morning and checked out without instance. However, that's not the end of bad - when I got the bill, it charged $200 more. When callled, they claim that someone smoked in the room so they charged me. Who smoked and when? When we checked out no such thing was claimed, but after we left? Who knows what happened or smoked in the room after we left. But the manage was bully and rude acting like he was a judge instead of a service person. I would not want to talk to him more than a minute or ever again, which might be well designed or intended by him. So be careful if you ever think to book this hotel, and have a walk through before you check out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank ssly2000
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The hotel is fairly new. Service is ok but location is odd. For the price I paid, it is acceptable.

My problem is with the housekeeping. Like the previous reviewer, I accidentally left my IPAD at the hotel room and can't get it back. We checked out on Sunday and when I realized it on Monday I called a few times. I was told nobody occupied that room since we checked out but they insisted nobody found my IPAD. I am positive it was left in that room and certainly hope somebody is enjoying my IPAD right now.

• Stayed: April 2013
6  Thank Commonsense1
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Lovely, practicle hotel, very clean with lovely rooms. The only problem in the rooms is the lack of black out curtains and quite noisy a/c.
Staff super helpful and polite.
Real pleasure to stay here. Having a car helps to move about

Room Tip: Rooms facing the carpark, less light if you need to sleep during the day
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business