All reviews chinese buffet rooftop restaurant front desk karaoke bar seafood restaurant free parking new york top floor college point hotel lobby free breakfast room was spacious long island laguardia airport definitely stay here again la guardia flushing area
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed there for one night. First it is hard to find - the small entrance is over powered by the big supermarket / convinence store next door which occupys the first floor. By the time found it, you already in disbelieve and unhappy with the hotel's location. 2nd, the front dest has a couple of people working who make you feel that you picked up a cheap hotel so that's whay you got. The room I checked in had someone's staff still there - appearantly someone had not checked out yet. We were changed to another room but it was made like they did us a favor. We could not leave fast in the morning and checked out without instance. However, that's not the end of bad - when I got the bill, it charged $200 more. When callled, they claim that someone smoked in the room so they charged me. Who smoked and when? When we checked out no such thing was claimed, but after we left? Who knows what happened or smoked in the room after we left. But the manage was bully and rude acting like he was a judge instead of a service person. I would not want to talk to him more than a minute or ever again, which might be well designed or intended by him. So be careful if you ever think to book this hotel, and have a walk through before you check out.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank ssly2000
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The hotel is fairly new. Service is ok but location is odd. For the price I paid, it is acceptable.

My problem is with the housekeeping. Like the previous reviewer, I accidentally left my IPAD at the hotel room and can't get it back. We checked out on Sunday and when I realized it on Monday I called a few times. I was told nobody occupied that room since we checked out but they insisted nobody found my IPAD. I am positive it was left in that room and certainly hope somebody is enjoying my IPAD right now.

6  Thank Commonsense1
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Lovely, practicle hotel, very clean with lovely rooms. The only problem in the rooms is the lack of black out curtains and quite noisy a/c.
Staff super helpful and polite.
Real pleasure to stay here. Having a car helps to move about

Room tip: Rooms facing the carpark, less light if you need to sleep during the day
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Calica1955
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My cousin dropped me off at this hotel a few nights ago so I could get an AM shuttle to LGA. I had seen reviews online and was looking forward to the stay thinking it would be comfortable. I was dropped off in a parking lot and saw that there was a market and was hoping the hotel was close by. As it turned out the market is on the bottom floor and the hotel is on the 2nd and 3rd floor. The minute you walk into the lobby, there is a wonderful citrus fragrence (like walking into a garden) and a mock fireplace..VERY welcoming presence. I was greeted by the night manager Wendy Zhu. I have to say I thought customer service was a lost art but Wendy bent over backward to make me feel welcome. Amazing really. The room was perfect LG flat screen AND a keurig!! The hotel is only 9 months old so everything is brand new. Even a pillow top mattress. The ONLY item I noticed that would have been better is you can only open the far end of the sliding glass door on the shower, meaning you have to step into the shower to turn on the water. While it was really no big deal, it would have been great to turn it on without getting a blast of cold water on you before it warmed up..but really..It was no biggie. Stay at this hotel and do yourself a favor. Get transport into the city and save big bucks! Say hello to Wendy for me :-) Oh and free continental breakfast!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank ionalion
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel was a great surprise. I had a flight the next day and needed a shuttle to the airport. The room was large, all white, modern, and had great amenities and appointments. And the price was a surprise. Don't expect a tub, but a large plush shower. Also, check out the great Asian buffet in the building.

• Trip type: Traveled solo