All reviewschinese buffetrooftop restaurantkaraoke barstrong showernew yorkseafood restauranttop floorminute bus ridehotel entrancestreet levelairport transportationfree breakfastroom keydecent breakfastroom was spaciousfree shuttlelong island
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last November for the weekend of my Birthday. I just want to let you know that the service was amazing. The room service was prompt at your call and the room was spacious. Nice modern interior like this hotel always attracts me. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Jacob G, General Manager at Hotel de Point, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for picking us to come stay with on your birthday weekend. We are a very new hotel and we do feature much larger rooms then a standard NYC room. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here and we look forward to coming back and seeing us again here at Hotel de Point on your next special occasion or visit to the city.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We live not to far from the Hotel de Point and decided to try the Buffet for Easter dinner. It was their regular buffet, nothing special for Easter, and overall the food was excellent. There was a huge assortment of seafood, sushi, meats and Chinese specialties. Everything was fresh and they kept refilling the dishes as they emptied. The desserts were good and other than the crepes which were overdone, we could not find fault with anything. The price on the weekends for dinner was about $40 per person (they added a 15% gratuity to the bill) but it was still worth it because of the variety of selections. The staff was very polite and extremely efficient. We will definitely come back again and very much recommend this restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cardiology
Jacob G, Manager at Hotel de Point, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for coming to visit The Buffet, it is a truly great experience with a wide variety of foods. They do change up the menu often so you need to come back and see what new and exciting foods they are preparing. I personally enjoy the large sushi selection. When you are planning a special event make sure you come back to The Buffet.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I booked hotel de point after reading nice reviews on trip advisor. Hotel is kinda hard to find , it is in the middle of residential area you defenitly need a car to get there, f you traveled by bus take a cab .
Arriving there we were pleasantly surprised , hotel is brand new, very modern and clean. You have to know that this hotel is own by chinese ( or japanese) people and that everything in this hotel is in chinese and english. they even have individual karaoke rooms you can rent for 38$us pr hour. Chinese buffet, chinese signs everywhere, chinese market on ground level. We met Jason at karaoke bar, super nice guy.
Also, Hotel is empty i guess cuz its brand new and i guess no one knows of it yet..

MAJOR TURN OFF :I checked out in a rush leaving my winter coat hanging in clothe closet... i advised right away as soon as i realized it ( already on my way back home to canada on the highway couldnt turn back..)
At first they said that they didn't find anything, the cleaning lady didn't find anything blabla ...to be told 40 minutes after via email that finally they had found my coat .... fishy... this was my only problem at this hotel but still...I am waiting for it hopefully they send ASAP to my home.

Also take note, dont know if it was our bath towels or every bath towels in building but they smell strong of gasoline... that was kind of disappointing ...gave me and my bf a headache and a half drying ourselves after showering

I would recommend this hotel yes and no , for its super modern decor yes, beautiful dining area on top floor with views of new york yes but the cleaning lady episode HELL NO kinda turn me off... dont leave anything in their rooms unless you have a big mouth like me and determined to get your stuff back !!

enjoy your trip!

Room Tip: lobby is on second floor! ask for room on higher floor you get amazing views
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacob G, General Manager at Hotel de Point, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for staying with us here at Hotel de Point. I did inquire about why it took so long to find the jacket and the house person that strips the rooms had found it and taken it downstairs before the house keeper had went in the room. I do apologize for the delay in finding it. I will also speak to our laundry about the towel. Please when you are coming back in to the area contact me directly so I can personally handle your room.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Located in Queens, with free parking. Easy access to flushing and the city. Clean and roomier than most hotel. Our stay was very comfortable with probably one of the best management staff. They re so helpful with directions and how to get around. Will stay here again this summer for our Mets games.

• Stayed: March 2013
Jacob G, General Manager at Hotel de Point, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for staying with us here during your trip to Queens. We are about 2 miles from the stadium, and you can see it from many different parts of the hotel. Hopefully the Mets will have a great season and it will give you a reason to come visit us often. Make sure you look us up when you are back in town.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during our travels to NY this year and was pleasantly surprised! The hotel was clean and the staff were really friendly. The front desk staff were responsive to any needs that we had and very customer-focused. The rooms were also very clean and the bathrooms didn't have a single spot. When we travel back to NY again, we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with us while you were in the city. I am very pleased to see you had a fantastic stay here with us. We do pride our self on how friendly, responsive, and caring our staff is with our guests. Please come back and visit NYC in the summer has some really great events. Look us up when you come back to visit.