“Convenient and friendly place to stay”

Prince Flushing Hotel
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
A TripAdvisor Member
“Convenient and friendly place to stay”
Reviewed December 20, 2005

The first time we stayed at the Comfort Inn in October this year we enjoyed it so much, that we decided to stay there again. This time it was for 16 nights. The staff was very friendly and helped with everything. They went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms we stayed in were very comfortable and clean.
The subway is only a 40 minute ride to midtown Manhattan and even better - the train only a 17 minute ride.
We can highly recommend this to anyone, who wants a friendly, clean and affordable place to stay and who doesn't mind the ride to Manhattan and who likes to be surrounded by Chinese and Korean community.

• Stayed December 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
England UK
Reviewed December 9, 2005

My wife and I travelled from England and were shown to the Hotel by a lovely lady,who went out of her way to take us to the Hotel which was 2 blocks from the bus stop.
We found the hotel staff very helpful.
The room was clean and the bedding and towels were changed every day.
Bathroom very clean everything was in working order ie TV,Internet,coffee machine etc..
Breakfast was reasonable,you could eat and as much as you wanted. The only thing I can critcise is the lack of space in the breakfast area.
Excellent subway to Manhattan-35 mins to Times Square.
Felt very safe walking about in Flushing at night.
This Hotel is in the very heart of"Flushing China Town" so we could not find any proper Western eating places.Apart from that we found our stay in New York very enjoyable and the people very helpful.

• Stayed November 2005
9 Thank TONYTONING
Maine
Reviewed November 16, 2005

I attended a conference at the New York Hilton. We went a few days early to visit relatives in Manhattan and see the sights, but we didn't want to pay the price to stay at the Hilton for the extra days and other hotels in Manhattan weren't much cheaper. Since we were flying into LaGuardia, Queens seemed to be a good option. For under $100 a night (with AAA or AARP discount), we got a clean, comfortable room a short walk from the Main Street Flushing subway station. The #7 train runs from there to Times Square. From there you can connect to just about anywhere in Manhattan.

In addition to the good price, it included some nice extras such as free local phone calls ($1.50 at the Hilton, which even charged $1.25 for "toll-free" calls), free high-speed internet connection ($9.95/day at the Hilton). They even had a sign saying if you forgot anything, they had complimentary toiletry articles at the desk. (The Hilton offered a toothbrush and small tube of toothpaste for $7 in the mini-bar.) I see from the reviews that some had bad experiences, but ours was great.

• Stayed November 2005
10 Thank RicD
Reviewed October 31, 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Flushing Comfort Inn to save time for a 6am flight from LaGuardia. Initially, the front desk messed up our reservations by adding two nights and assiging us a smoking room. The effort put into correcting these problems were exasperated by the fact that neither of the two front desk employees spoke or understood english. We were placed in the only non smoking room available that required a 15 minute wait to assure it was ready and happened to be the closest room to the front desk area. After a long night disrupted by noises from the reception area and a unnerving walk to the public parking lot, we were then confronted and locked into the parking area by the parking guard who demanded that we pay him an additional $15. After a substantial amount of time my boyfriend convinced the clerk to unlocked the gate. Overall I wish I had stayed at home and dealt with driving to the airport in the morning then assuming a relaxing night and efficent morning would occur at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 16, 2005

A few of my friends and I stayed at this hotel which was the begining of nightmare! The hotel was absolutely without a doubt the worse hotel I have ever been to. The bed were solid as a rock and the smell of smoke would literally knock you on the floor. The rooms were a mess with stains on the floor and what looked like chocolate milk down the walls. When we got there we changed rooms right away thinking that it could only get better. We were wrong.. The next room we got smelled better, but when we went to watch some tv it didn't work. Then we decided we were just tired and wanted to get an early start in the morning and the alarm clock didn't work. Disgusted, and tired I just went to bed and set the alarm on my cell. The next day upon checking out I talked to the clerk and she gave us 10% off the bill which was $182 for one night. She told us we could call the manager later because at the moment she was off site.

So later on on the way home we called the manager, and she was totally rude and told us that it was our responsiblity to call the front desk and tell them that the tv or alarm clock didn't work and that there was chocolate milk down the walls and they would of came up and replaced the tv and alarm clock etc.. I don't know about anyone else but to me I THINK THEY SHOULD INSPECT THERE ROOMS BEFORE THEY ALLOW PEOPLE TO STAY IN THEM. For the expensive price tag we had to pay on this room and for all the problems that occured I won't recommned this hotel TO ANYONE..

• Stayed July 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 23, 2005

We stayed for one night in the Comfort Inn in Flushing NY. The city was full so we chose this place for it's proximity to the subway. We were surprised as to the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms and the deluxe continental breakfast offered in the morning along with freshly made - 24 hours a day coffee.

Flushing is a little intimidating at night but we felt fine walking the 3 blocks from the end subway station of the Flushing Queens line which serves downtown New York City and is located in the heart of downtown Flushing.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 29, 2005

This is the first negative review I have ever left for a hotel on here.

I stayed here after a flight cancellation. The room smelled terrible as if someone had poured a bottle of clorox in the room (I kid not...this was near the point that your eyes would start burning). Same smell in the elevator as well. When I went to the front desk, they took me to another room with the same smell so I decided not to stay there. Then then told me that my room was non-refundable/non-cancellable. (My secretary had just reserved the room by phone with the hotel 30 minutes prior to my arrival; it wasn't like this was a priceline hotel or anything.) However, they charged me a $20 plus tax fee as a courtesy (which I refused to sign). All of this after the $12+tax cab fare I paid to get to the hotel (no airport shuttle). No cabs available to Flushing because of weather, I hiked through Flushing with my luggage to get to the bus stop to take back to LGA.

Since that time I have filed a complaint with Choice Hotels and was verbally abused by the hotel's general manager through letter and by telephone (never been screamed at on the phone by someone in the service industry). Choice Hotels was very apologetic and offered me compensation, but couldn't affect my payment to the hotel because it is independently owned. I graciously turned down their offer, opting instead to dispute the charge with American Express. It is this hotel's fault, not Choice International.

These people do not know how to treat customers and will not fix a situation that is unacceptable to their guests. Spend a few bucks more and stay somewhere that you will be valued as a guest. I for one ended up spending twice as much at the Clarion LGA and had no problems. Worth every penny.

One additional note, during my phone call with the general manager his excuse for the smell was they let me check-in early (I checked in at 2:30) so the rooms had just been cleaned. If they hadn't let me check-in early, the smell would've been gone by their check-in time of 3:00 p.m. according to him.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business