All reviews new york pound cake hotel has free wifi times square chinese food convenient location subway station bagels egg sandwich the hotel is clean prince street midtown manhattan dim sum main street express train decent hotel free breakfast
Reviewed June 11, 2016

The hotel is not bad. The rooms were almost clean though I had to request for replacement of coffeemaker which seemed dirty. The Chinese lady at the front desk was very rude! Though our room was ready, she first said it wasn't and after protesting, we got a room. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Vincey_Reviews
Reviewed June 6, 2016

Hotel has good size rooms for New York, is clean and affordable. It is also very convenient, close to No. 7 Subway train. Tons of restaurants in the area, some very good shopping places as well. Dim sum at Asian Jewels restaurant is very good, just 50 meters away. I didn't drive, but because this is a busy and popular area, that may be an issue.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Ah Tai W
Reviewed May 31, 2016 via mobile

Best Western was a last minute ditch effort from my side to get a place in New York and I was glad that it turned out to be a good choice, especially with my family being there.

Firstly from location perspective it is very close to local market, subway station and bus stops. This is right in the middle of Chinatown. Although very close by you also have Indian temples.

We did not have food or breakfast at the hotel. Nothing wrong with food, it's just that when you have a traditional Indian family, you are not very comfortable with the Asian cuisine options. So not much to add there. However we did have a lot of Indian joints and Burger King in close vicinity.

The staff was polite in every possible way, including their manager. They were very helpful to say the least and helped us out with a couple of odd situations.

The tours to Niagara and Washington DC start from exactly opposite side of the hotel. So it was a very convenient option.

Rooms were very clean and size of beds in double room is quite good. Loved the way we were treated at the hotel. If I am ever back in New York again, I know where to stay.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2016

The hotel room was satisfactory, including the Wi-fi connection. When I arrived, I was quite surprised to find no parking lot or parking garage available. I had to walk about a block and park at a Sheraton Hotel. You'd think there would have been some concession for the parking, but none was offered. I had not considered any other hotel chain. I like Best Western but this was not the best of the chain.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2016

This is a clean hotel and a good place to rest. Given the location, it is a good deal and also compared to other hotels in the location, it is comparatively clean. This is listed 3 star, but I would not go that far in terms of rating. And it is definitely not a resort. It is dated and bathrooms need refurbishment, but for a night or two stay while you go around the city, this is more than perfect. It is at a convenient location and a mecca of great Chinese/Cantonese/Asian/street food one can find.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled on business