“Horrible Experience”

Best Western Queens Court Hotel
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I can't believe I paid to stay in this hotel. The first clue should have been when my room number started with a "C" for crummy - room smelled like a combination of smoke and the Chinese Restaurant across the hall, I slept with the lights on to keep the cockroaches away and the toilet didn't flush. The highlight of my stay was the cab ride back to the LaGuardia.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Vepaw00

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have been going to this hotel for years to attend the US Open in Queens, NY. The price is good and it is one subway stop away from the Tennis Center. While everyone is crowding onto a subway to Manhattan, we have an empty car going to Queens and is a quick ride. It is in the China Town neighborhood in Queens, so mostly Chinese food, but you can find some fast food restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had the misfortune to spend several nights here. The staff did not understanding English at all. We had to use sign language to get towels and an extra pillow. The room had a funny smell about it and the shower curtain was mildewy.
I will contacting Best Western and suggest that they terminate their relationship with this location.

Room Tip: It is not possible in this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 426corgimama
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was looking for a hotel to stay at for a trip to see games at Citi Field. This was located a block away from the #7 subway in Chinatown, one stop away from the ballpark and the venue for the US Open. It was not fancy but the room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. I felt safe walking in the area by myself at night and enjoyed the variety of restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The Best Western Plus Queens Court Hotel is close to the 7 line subway station (only a few blocks away) and close to some good Chinese restaurants. There's also a restaurant downstairs (but I didn't go there).

The hotel is close to LGA, but I didn't really hear any aircraft noise unless I was standing right next to the window.

Parking is available on a surface lot next to the hotel. I think there's a 24-hour attendant, but I'm not sure.

Breakfast is complementary and exceeded my expectations; there were bagels, a couple varieties of cereal, jimmy dean breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, fruit (oranges, bananas), and a waffle maker. I would get there early to ensure the best selection of food.

Room's not bad...it's your standard hotel room, with flat screen tv. I didn't have any issues with the air conditioning unit, or notice any weird smells.

This hotel exceeded my (admittedly low) expectations; I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TomfromBoston
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Travellers.. Hotel's negative reviews are TRUE and so are google reviews. we stayed on this hotel for four days and did not feel good. Hallways always smelled as a steam of cooked rice. Lobby smelled as soy sauce. I bet these both should be from chinese restaurant that is on the basement which is open to the lobby
Break fast.. Few food like cooked egg, jam, apple and banana were always missing. I got an answer that manager missed to order. I got this answer for two days. In Breakfast area, toaster, fridge and microwave are connected together through ONE power strip, power strip trips as it could handle the load. This place is not good enough to handle all guests at the same time.
Another funny information I received was Fitness center opens at 8 AM. Unbelievable...

They also forgot to clean my room one day. They have old A/C unit which is crappy.

As I reported my complaints at the front desk, the girl reacted as though nothing happened.
This hotel is no way BW plus. BW management should review and cancel this franchisee.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Banc W
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The staff of the hotel is highly unprofessional and rude. I have been a longtime customer of the Best Western Group in the US and abroad, but has not seen an unpleasant staff (Best Western Queens Court, Flushing). They have cheated me and denied the AARP advantage when the room is booked in Mother's Name (Age, 58 and we showd a valid ID proof) and the counter. They charged $50 more when we checkedin at 12th July midnight. This has caused considerable trauma to me and my mother. I am deeply disappointed by this treatment and feel atrociously wrong. This is inhuman way to treat your longtime customers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family