“Great Happy Hour, Drinks, and Food... What More Could You Ask For!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Patron Mexican and Latin Cuisine

El Patron Mexican and Latin Cuisine
Ranked #52 of 655 Restaurants in Flushing
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
New York City, New York
“Great Happy Hour, Drinks, and Food... What More Could You Ask For!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

I'm a big fan of Mexican food and margaritas. So, when my friend suggested we meet up for dinner and drinks before going to see a show at my alma mater, it was a no-brainer for me. I had been to El Patron before, not really remembering it, as it had been a year or two ago. So, it was a great refresher for me as well.

The decor is great. It's modern with a Mexican feel to it without being overly traditional (though there's absolutely nothing wrong with a traditional Mexican vibe at a traditional Mexican restaurant). They have both bar seating and tables. It's cozy, but not cramped (I'm a big guy, so space is a must for me), though we chose to sit at the bar.

We started off with some margaritas. I believe, for Happy Hour (or on Thursdays), it was $5.00 margaritas (either frozen or on the rocks), and they were a decent-sized margarita as well. They have whole bunch of flavors of margaritas - mango, watermelon, etc. I nice selection, indeed. Plus, they have an equal list of flavors for their wings, which are above average! We went on to have a number of orders of wings to try a bunch of the flavors as well. I believe they had a wings special - maybe $3.00 orders of wings? There was a nice number of wings in the order, too. Plus, there was some special for tacos, too! Maybe $1.00 tacos and you got 2-4 of them or something like that. They also had buy 2, get 1 free beers for the happy hour, though their beer selection wasn't that great. The margaritas were fantastic, the wings had lots of flavor and were nice and "temperature" hot, and the tacos were top-notch as well! All in all, it was a great night to go out and let loose a little bit. The bartender was a cute Spanish woman and she was very friendly. The place was nice and empty when we first got there, but some people started packing in by the time we left.

If you're in the Flushing area and are a fan of Mexican food, I highly recommend El Patron. Their prices are reasonable and their food is excellent!

• Visited October 2011