“Good location”

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Flushing
London, United Kingdom
“Good location”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel twice. its location is good, but don't expect too much in terms of service etc. Room was a decent size, bed was okay (apart from the second time i stayed i managed to get bitten by bed bugs!!!!).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Thai first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is my favorite Queens, NY hotel. The King Suite rooms are spacious in a city where hotel rooms are tiny. Pleasant front desk staff. About a two block walk to subway station on #7 line. Close to hundreds of fantastic Chinese/Korean/etc/etc restaurants. Good shopping, even big box stores on College Point - Target, BJ. 25 or 30 minutes to Time Square on #7 subway.

Room Tip: Upper floor facing east towards Manhattan. Spectacular night view. Almost endless selection of excel...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hudson, New York, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2013

After reading other reviews I was expecting the worst. but I was greeted by a congenial receptionist who was very helpful with providing information about the area and where to find things I needed. The room was basic but not bad. I got a good nite's sleep, was comfortable, and it met my needs 100%. I would come back here if I ever needed to spend the nite in the city.

Room Tip: the rooms are a little cramped but normal for NYC
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Alan M
Killingworth, Connecticut
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for the last few years every year to see the US Open (tennis), also whenever I need to eat great chinese food . For the tennis, the location is superb, one can walk to the Tennis Center (10-15 min), or take the subway which is +/- 3 blocks from the hotel . You get off the train on the 1ststop! For everything else chinese you are basically in a little piece of China right here in the states, from foot massage to bakeries ( the ones that you can sit enjoy coffee or tea and a variety of baked goods!), great restaurants, street food, food courts, etc ! if you are a student of the chinese language there are plenty of opportunities to practice .

Room Tip: I stayed a few times there , I enjoyed most the rooms facing the street .
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank DrZyg
ny
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Terrible hotel, came across this hotel last min online and wanted to stay outside Manhattan to avoid traffic and parkings since I drove.
Was fooled by the rating on here as well as the pictures presented.
The hotel is very tiny, barely a lobby, more like a clinic waiting room. Elevator is small and drity, hallways are dark and smells, rooms are tiny, filthy, ver bad sound isolations, walls have marks all over, ceiling is molded.
The hotel looked like a hostel or a place where people come for a quick sex.

Whats worst though, is that we found a female underwear ( looks like used ) still hanging in the closet. Immediately wanted to leave the hotel and not even stay over night upon this filthy unhygened behavior, immediately asked if we can cancel reservation for the night. They were unable send in cleaners to remove the underwear because "they wont be in until tomorrow", I asked if I could talk to their manager and was told they can not locate the manager nor the back up person in charge because they "did not pick up their phones". How unprofessional is that? you dont have a cleaner nor a person in charge in the hotel when there are important matters to be discussed?

Was unable to get a refund or talk to the manager and forced to stay the night at this gruesome hotel. Price charged was not worth the stay AT ALL. Please do check hotels nearby such as the Sheraton, pay a little bit more and do yourself a favor to not gross yourself out for the entire night of your stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank w c
rriflushing, Manager at Super Lake Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize you had a less than pleasant experience with our hotel. We are conveniently located in the Flushing, NY area. We have a very unique location as our hotel is located inside a condo building. Our lobby footprint is small but has been generally effective to serve the 33 hotel rooms in the building. Regarding your refund – I recall your check in and wish to cancel your reservation when you arrived at our hotel. Unfortunately the cancellation was past our cancellation policy. We had saved a room at our location for your arrival and turned away other customers wishing to stay with us. We feel confident we tried to help satisfy your needs but unfortunately was not successful.

I am disappointed to hear that you feel our hotel has a reputation for a place for less than desirable activities. Our hotel serves international, business, and leisure travelers. The reputation of the hotel is very important to us as well as the for the local community. Our maintenance and housekeeping team takes great pride in keeping the rooms and common areas to high standards. I will review the areas of concerns you noted and review them with my staff.

Lily Yuan, GM
Fluminimaggiore, Italy
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and I decided to spend our anniversary at Spa Castle in College Point, NY. To make a long story short I type in hotels near spa castle & Red Roof Inn was one of the hotels that showed up. I booked a room for the next day. Upon arriving I was in total SHOCK it looked like no hotel instead a run down hut, smokey in elevator, nasty all the way around. I asked the receptionist to CANCEL my reservation after viewing the Red Roof Inn... I wrote this Review because, I want no one with great hopes thinking your getting what the picture shows. Its not what the picture showed, VERY Dissapointing to view a Picture & think thats what your getting. It's a HELL HOLE.....

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Donny907
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My experience of the Red Roof Inn, was not a pleasant one. It was new, that was the only saving grace, beyond that.......washout.
The narrowed the cabinet in an effort to overall room width. To get arround the bed it was a challenge. The air conditionar/heater would only function if opporated by the shutoff switch at the plug, the standard controls were not operational. The lighting in the bathroom was not funtional, so shaving was a challenge. The electricity to the room went off in the morning, which led to additional confusion. I would absolutely NOT recommend this facility to anyone......

Room Tip: I would avoid staying here.....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple