“Great baseball atmosphere.”

Ranked #1 of 34 things to do in Flushing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The day I went to the Mets game, there was a kid's carnival outside the main entrance, a hotdog eating contest, and the home run big apple. The main entrance (the Jackie Robinson rotunda) has the Met's Hall of Fame. The 100 level concourses were closed in, dark and crowded. The outfield concourse opens up with Shea Bridge in right center field. Center field has a food court (containing the must eat at Shake Shack) and kids play area. The upper level concourse is open air. The overall look of the ball field is pleasing. The unique angles in the outfield wall makes balls hit against the wall an adventure. The bull pens are under Shea Bridge, so they are not very visible. I sat in the outfield where the big screen was behind me, so there was a smaller screen down the right field line that showed the same things as the big screen. That was very nice. Between innings there were many contests and clips shown on the screens to keep the fans entertained.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have seen a few games at Citi Field and I'm impressed. A cool thing about Citi is that you can find the locations of the Pitcher's Mound, Home Plate and the bases of the old Shea Stadium in the parking lot of Citi Field. They are clearly marked and really cool.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We took a tour of Citifield on a day when there was no ballgame. The tour lasted a little more than an hour, and we toured the press box, some of the Club rooms, a luxury suite, the Mets dugout, the bullpen, the locker room, and some of the underground workings. We were also able to walk onto the field (but not on the grass!) Very interesting and fun. Our tour guide's name was John. He was friendly, and took the time to take everyone's photo in the dugout. I would recommend this tour for a nice family outing.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Citi Field is new, clean and it's easy trip on the #7 train from Times Square. Too bad the Mets lost the game!!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I took the number 7 train from Times Square. It was a very easy trip that took about 30 minutes. We had planned on buying tickets at the stadium and a scalper met us short after we exited the subway station. We were able to get seat in section 107 for $40 each which was about 50% off. The stadium is very clean and there is a large staff to quickly get you into the stadium and directed to your seat. There is a pretty good food selection. It is pretty expensive but what do you expect at a professional sporting event. Overall, it was a lot of fun but the crowd was small. I don't recommend bothering purchasing tickets in advance.