“Great Ballpark (TIPS for visit)”
Review of Citi Field

Citi Field
Book In Advance
More Info
$659.00*
and up
6-Hour Brooklyn Queens Bronx Tour with...
Ranked #3 of 26 things to do in Flushing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great ballpark. Went and saw the Mets in July and totally enjoyed it.

TIPS:
Parking-You can park right outside the ballpark under the bridges to the west of it in secured parking for $15-20, not bad in today's economy.
Food/Beverage - there are more selections of food on the main level, upper deck has a food court but with limited variety of food. Their ballpark crinkly cut fries are awesome, soft and salty unlike the hard ones you find in most burger joints. Yummy snack. If you are beer drinker be ready to shill out $12 a beer, very high vs other ballparks of around $7-9.
Shade Seating - Lower level upper rows are all in the shade around the infield, but also the upper deck around homeplate is also shaded for afternoon games. Outfield seats on both sides are exposed to the sun, bring suntan lotion if you plan on being in them.
For any of you Mickey Mouse aficionados, there is NOT a life size Mickey Mets statue on property, searched high and low for the one that Disney gave them during the all-star game in 2010, but couldn't find it anywhere.

OVERALL-Great venue for our great American pasttime

Write a ReviewReviews (1,301)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"home team"
"dunk tank"

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I saw Paul McCartney here and that'd be one of the most memorable shows I've seen.. The crowd started singing "Cant buy me love" on they way out after the concert in the parking lot. I get the chills every time I think of that. Paul definitely heard that and was probably as thrilled as we were!

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I went to Citi Field in order to see Chipper Jones play before he retired. And I was very impressed with it.

I never made it to Shay, so I can't compare that, but my out of date GPS did get me in the area of Citi, by asking it to take me to Shay. There were signs once we got close that helped.

It rained during the game, but there was plently of place for cover.

I caught a shirt from a t-shirt gun, which was really cool to me. I'd only ever been to Fenway before, and they don't have anything like that.

It was my wife's first live sporting event, and she had a blast!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I went to NYC as part of a baseball odyssey to see all 30 MLB parks. I think it goes without saying that the gem of the trip was supposed to be Yankee Stadium, but after being sorely disappointed there I have to give credit to Citi for making it all worthwhile.

Citi has all the elements a great baseball stadium should have - a beautiful field (both the diamond and stadium itself), great food, and great atmosphere. The huge open front foyer provides a 'wow' factor right off the bat, and the little 'museum' dedicated to Mets history is really cool too. I was impressed within two minutes of being inside.

All the Mets need to make bring themselves back to the forefront in NYC is a competitive team, and with guys like Matt Harvey and Zach Wheeler leading the charge, it may be coming sooner than later. If you go to New York and are on the fence about whether it's worth the trip to Flushing to see Citi, stop hedging and GO.