“The Mets home”

Book In Advance
More Info
$659.00*
and up
6-Hour Brooklyn Queens Bronx Tour with...
Ranked #3 of 26 things to do in Flushing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I saw Paul McCartney here and that'd be one of the most memorable shows I've seen.. The crowd started singing "Cant buy me love" on they way out after the concert in the parking lot. I get the chills every time I think of that. Paul definitely heard that and was probably as thrilled as we were!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,301)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"home team"
"dunk tank"

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I went to Citi Field in order to see Chipper Jones play before he retired. And I was very impressed with it.

I never made it to Shay, so I can't compare that, but my out of date GPS did get me in the area of Citi, by asking it to take me to Shay. There were signs once we got close that helped.

It rained during the game, but there was plently of place for cover.

I caught a shirt from a t-shirt gun, which was really cool to me. I'd only ever been to Fenway before, and they don't have anything like that.

It was my wife's first live sporting event, and she had a blast!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I went to NYC as part of a baseball odyssey to see all 30 MLB parks. I think it goes without saying that the gem of the trip was supposed to be Yankee Stadium, but after being sorely disappointed there I have to give credit to Citi for making it all worthwhile.

Citi has all the elements a great baseball stadium should have - a beautiful field (both the diamond and stadium itself), great food, and great atmosphere. The huge open front foyer provides a 'wow' factor right off the bat, and the little 'museum' dedicated to Mets history is really cool too. I was impressed within two minutes of being inside.

All the Mets need to make bring themselves back to the forefront in NYC is a competitive team, and with guys like Matt Harvey and Zach Wheeler leading the charge, it may be coming sooner than later. If you go to New York and are on the fence about whether it's worth the trip to Flushing to see Citi, stop hedging and GO.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Take the #7 train from Times Square and end up here! Went to the All Star Game last night and had a blast. Great food and drink options, lots of open space, and a great game.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Mets may not be a great team, but they've got a great place to play. If you attend a NYC baseball game, Citi Field far outperforms its cross-town rival, the new(ish) Yankee Stadium.
Here's why:

1. The food quality is high because many of the city's better local restaurants were selected to open branches at Citi Field. Most are located at a big food court (Shake Shack, yum), but there also are selections scattered throughout the park, including kosher and even gluten-free food. The craft beer range is outstanding. My only gripe is that while the restaurant branches don't jack up prices, you still get typical NY stadium overpricing for basic stuff like a bottle of water ($5).

2. The crowd is more even-keeled than at Yankee Stadium and there always seem to be more families with kids there. Granted, the overall feeling is slightly suburban and you don't get the intensity of Yankee fans. But you also don't get the level of vulgarity/nastiness that sometimes pervades Yankee Stadium when the team isn't performing. Citi Field fans are friendlier for sure.

3. Whereas the new Yankee Stadium is imposing but rather airless and stillborn, Citi Field has a warm, vibrant, dynamic feel. I don't know architecture, but it's like Safeco in Seattle -- interesting irregular shape, broad airy walkways that encourage exploration, properly raked seats and retro exterior. One caveat: aisle seats in Rows 1-3 of some sections have protective glass shields. While you can see through them, they may bug you -- so ask before buying tickets.

4. The stadium personnel are pretty nice. When my husband phoned to buy certain seats, he wanted to know if the view was blocked at all. The ticket seller on the phone said he wasn't sure and told my husband he'd walk out to the seats to check and then called us back. And when I lost my prescription sunglasses in a ladies' room and my insurer wanted proof, a staffer at Lost & Found obligingly wrote an email to support my claim. That's customer service!

One way in which Citi Field is inferior to Yankee Stadium is traveling distance. From Midtown Manhattan, it's about 35 minutes to Citi Field versus 20 to Yankee Stadium. But given that the old historic Yankee Stadium is gone and unless you're a big Yankee fan, I'd say this is a better outing for a visitor who just loves baseball or a family looking for a sports-oriented place to chill.

1  Thank Digwemust