“The best dumpings you can get!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nan Xiang Xiao Long Bao - CLOSED

Nan Xiang Xiao Long Bao
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Glen Ridge, New Jersey
“The best dumpings you can get!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was introduced to this place a few years back by my fianceé's friend (who was a native of Hong Kong) as a great place to get "soup dumplings". Soup dumplings (or "steamed little juicy buns" sometimes) being an anglicized translation for "xiao long bao". Anyway, these are some of the best versions of that delicious dish that I've ever come across.

Also, the rest of the food they serve is equally great (great noodle soups and rice cakes.) Furthermore, the prices are incredibly low in general and for this quality of food.

I'd say the original downside to this place was that it was very small and that it was very popular and thus it took a while to get a seat. The place recently has expanded to triple it's former size and the wait isn't quite as long.

I give it the highest recommendation.

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Great FOOD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Went here for lunch today... Everything was quick and easy... Dumplings were very tasty and flavorful. We had the pork and crab buns. They were delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is in the area….

• Visited November 2012
Flushing, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Shanghai Juicy Pork Bun!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

This place will never be beaten. New places will open up and let me tell you, they will never reach what it takes to make Shanghai little juicy buns. This place makes it better than the one in China. Out of this world. Every week when I'm off, no question I will go at least once. Either with the family or by myself. If this place ever closes down, I will reopen one just like it only if the chefs will help me. GOOOOOOOOOD JOB GUYS.....KEEP IT UP....

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Michael L
Boston, Massachusetts
“Super Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I could give this 5 for the plentiful and delicious soups, and of course the amazing soup dumplings, but our waitress admittedly gave one of our dishes to someone else, and took well over 30 minutes to finally get it to us! Terrible to say, but visit with your Asian friends to get better service.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank saba888
Flushing, New York
“Great soup dumplings, LONG WAIT”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Whenever my parents come into town from Orlando, we always go here. My mom LOVES these soup dumplings. Every time we go, we always get at least 2 orders of the pork soup dumplings and 1 order of the crabmeat soup dumplings. They also have some great cold appetizer dishes.

There is ALWAYS long wait for dinner though so we usually go for lunch. The longest we've ever waited during the dinner rush is 45 minutes.

Their prices are a little more than Joe's Shanghai but my dad hates eating there because the wait staff tries to rush people in and out of the restaurant.

• Visited May 2012