“Terrible service, greedy waiters”
Review of Green Papaya Thai Cuisine - CLOSED

Green Papaya Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The service is terrible! I have dinner at this restaurant on August 25, 2012.
Foods are okay, but service is horrible. I ordered curry rice. When the waiter brought me rice in a rice bowl, his tumb was dipped in my rice....
The dinner cost me $14.00 plus, I gave him $20.00. They took the money, but never brought back teh change. I sat for long time, waited for them to bring back the change, and finally the waiter come and asked me "are you waiting for your change?" Oh my god! without my permission, they automatically thought I agreed to give them $6.00 tips?
Very Greedy!

1  Thank Peng Nan L

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I don't know the history of The Green Papaya ownership, but it was suggested to us by a co-worker that had eaten there twice, and we weren't disappointed. Good service and tasty food at a reasonable price. Every dish that passed us for another table made my mouth water! I'd highly recommend it for any of my clients in Flushing's China Town.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I live in Upstate NY and visit NYC 2 times a year to see in laws. We always eat where my in laws want to eat, but this time i decided to pick a few resteraunts myself. Green Papaya had decent reviews and was not too hard to get too - so, We got a HUGE amount of food for only $60.00 - not sure if they forgot to charge us for something but we got so much food, that 6 of us had plenty of leftovers for a midnight snack. The highlight of my meal personally was the Panang Curry. I get that here in Upstate NY but this was BEYOND my wildest dreams as far as flavor texture and quality - we got chicken panang and the meat was soooo clean and of outstanding quality. We also had the Pad Thai, another favorite of mine. This was BAR NONE the very best Pad Thai i had ever had. We had three other dishes but i was focused on the two i mentioned. The next day the leftovers were all gone and i truly wanted to go back and order more. I even considered going the day i left and getting several orders to bring home, i'm so sorry i didnt' do that. Oh, one more thing, the beef on a stick / chicken on a stick was VERY good, but the best part was the amazing sauce they served it with. Everything was exceptional. Don't go there for the service , it is lacking, but the food makes up more than enough for that!

1  Thank earth_girl101
Reviewed October 25, 2011

their pineapple rice and shrimp pad thai and chili chicken is very good. We were regulars there until we moved away. take a while to get parking at the municipal parking in front of the restaurant. they have changed ownership and chili chicken was not in the menu last time we went but they knew what we were talking about and were able to give us that dish

1  Thank linatoday
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I had my favourite Tom Kha Gai soup and I wasnt disappointed, just sorry I didnt have room for my favourite dessert, Fried Icecream, but very good value, thanks, tired Aussies.

1  Thank mushyAustralia