“Fabolous”

Floral Park Motor Lodge
Floral Park Motor Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Floral Park
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Excellent service, clean and friendly, nice location for foods, little shops and any transportation. I have been dealing with this hotel for many, many years and would recommend to anyone or family.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jamijones

Reviewed January 18, 2011

Stayed here 3 nights. Room was simple but very nice, generally pretty clean (open bag of chips on the floor behind the fridge, hair in the towel, sheets and bathroom were spotless). Staff were very accommodating. Very quiet, plenty of hot water, very comfortable bed. Bathroom had updated fixtures. Lots of shops nearby, but walking was difficult due to recent heavy snowfall. Would definitely stay here again if I needed a room in this area. Treat yourself to dinner at Luigi's in Glen Oaks. (I'm still swooning 2 weeks later!)

Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 25, 2010

Staying here over Xmas and the motel has proved to be a lot more upmarket than some "hotel" competitors. Better than it appears on the website. Ample parking, decent amenities, good location near station/fast food/coffee places.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed August 20, 2010

This is the 3rd or 4th time we have stayed here to visit family in Queens/Long Island each summer. Without having to pay high prices for what you get, this place is a great deal. We paid about $121 per night plus taxes. I'd recommend it for those who are used to being in NY. If you want fancy hotels or something more upscale, this is not the place for you. You do drive through some rough neighborhoods to get here, but it is relatively safe neighborhood around the motel considering that this is NY and you will see lots of graffiti around. Parking is free and easy to find. Nearby many stores and easy walking to LIRR train. They provide free basic bkft and free wifi, fridge in room. A/C is good but a bit too loud at times. Rooms are clean and if I leave note for more towels, they give me more. Wish they have more pillows in each room. Some of the room walls show a bit aging - browning - but still adequate. They also have business center and fitness center that I have never used. Sometimes we see more "shadier" characters who wander about in the parking lot or people who smoke but overall I haven't had too much problems with any crimes taking place. The place has two sides and I find the rooms on the side closer to check-in are a bit nicer. Better on 2nd or 3rd floor as views on 1st floor not too interesting or pleasing. One summer we had some ant issues but could have been just that one room as never seen it at other times. I like the toiletries that they provide in the bathroom and plenty are replenished. Also provide coffeemaker/tea in room as well. Other place we tend to stay while in NY is the Sheraton LaGuardia which is a bit more expensive and only worth staying if you get the Birthday rate deal for 2-3 days but that is in a safer location but need to pay for $9 valet parking but easy access to subway and Flushing is relatively safer but more crowded area - more traffic driving in and out of this place, plus they offer free shuttle to LGA airport.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank WendyWN
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I'm from out of state visiting a patient at North Shore University Hospital. I booked an additional room for another family member. Both rooms were clean and did not smell. The furniture in these rooms was unusually nice and gave a pleasant feeling. The beds were queen size and comfortable. The pillows were ok. You didn't have to stack three of them to hold your head up. The bathrooms were CLEAN. They strive to add nice thoughtful touches through-out the room. We were pleasantly surprised and satisfied with our one night stay. At least that's the way it was in rooms 341 and 343 in the main part of the lodge. They do have a continental breakfast. The management was courteous. The price is one of the lowest in that area within its class. Yes, I would recommend Floral Park Motor Lodge.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jymbaux
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I booked the Floral Park Motor Lodge for the week bracketing my daughter's wedding: my first trip to Queens and my first stay at this establishment. What a delightful surprise! Because I have a chronic illness and need to sleep well at night and rest deeply at various times throughout the day, I am always concerned about noise levels and peace. Working via email, the front desk manager arranged the ideal room for my needs -- clean, quiet, private, out of the heavier traffic areas of the building and facing Remens St, a lovely, peaceful, little-trafficked thoroughfare. Furthermore, her graciousness in addressing all my questions and concerns was reassuring and set a welcoming tone from the outset. The hotel received and stored my suitcase, which I had shipped in advance, at no extra charge. The entire staff right up to the general manager turned themselves inside out to meet my every need and far exceeded my most optimistic expectations. Unbelievably supportive! I have been less-well treated in far more expensive hotels. Also helpful to a disabled person, there was a nice elevator in fine working condition. My room was larger than expected plus clean and well-appointed, including an excellent iron and ironing board, mini-fridge, individual-cup coffeemaker, built-in hairdryer, plus large, wall-mounted plasma TV with expanded cable service and HBO. In the other building, there's a tiny, although adequate, fitness room including treadmill and universal machine, etc. for those who wish to exercise during their stay and also a small "business center" with 3 desktop work stations, printer, etc at no extra charge. Excellent and inexpensive eateries within walking distance, including some that deliver at little or no extra charge, kept me well within budget. By the end of my stay, I felt more like a friend than a guest. Just 2 caveats for those with environmental sensitivities: my room had a pronounced vinyl-wallpaper odor and, although it was a non-smoking room, the ventilation system sometimes drew a faint cigarette smoke odor into the room. Neither troubled me but might be problematic for the acutely sensitive. Other than that, I can recommend it enthusiastically and will certainly stay there in the future.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2009

This hotel was quite sufficient for the needs of our family. Our housekeeper was the absolute best assisting us with EVERY need. The rooms were tidy and well kept. The only issue was the refridgerator froze most items. The hotel had easy access to the bus line and CVS pharmacy. Yes I would stay here again. The included breakfast was nice.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
#1 of 4 in Garden City
Howard Johnson Inn Queens
Howard Johnson Inn Queens
#1 of 2 in Queens Village

Been to Floral Park Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!