“Always good food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Every time my husband and I travel we leave from jfk and and stay at the Floral Park Motor Lodge, clean and comfortable rooms, we eat at Nancy's the night before. The service is wonderful, they don't bug you every 2 minutes, and the food goes without saying, large portions, plus you can sit and enjoy a bottle of wine without feeling you have to leave since your done with your meal.

1  Thank cehouse

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here in the way home from the Queens County Farm (which was terrific). The waitstaff was warm and welcoming. The lunch menu had a ton of selections and most everything was under $10. The food was very good, it was not gourmet but for the price it was impressive quality. I wouldn't call the inside charming - but it beats the run down exterior and has a certain homey feel to it. Our waitress was literally the nicest person I've ever met.

1  Thank ICanBeCritical
Reviewed October 3, 2012

we were looking for a neighborhood place to have a bite and decided to try Nancy's
they have quite an offering, the place was very quiet, a rainy night & not many people out & about
it's a little disconcerting to have wait people playing with their cell phones, while you're dining
BUT-the food was good
had a hamburger, fairly large & cooked nicely with a 'pile' of fries
also had risotto w pork au jus-more meat than I expected & the rice was delicious
they also offered a free potato soup to start-not my taste but wife liked it
with a glass of pinot grigio made for a good meal
worth a visit & a 2nd visit

1  Thank leo t
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This place is not to be missed. Upon entering you know you found the jewel of Floral Park. If you like to eat at the bar or at a table ,with a clean crisp table cloth, you will not be disappointed. The menu offers a variety of fare prepared to perfection. The salads are delicious and the portion is so generous there is plenty to share. If you are a wine buff you are sure to find one to suit your taste and compliment your meal. We have visited Nancys about 6 times and have always had a superior experience.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

From the outside you would not expect this restaurant, on a main road with industrial-looking surroundings like the car wash next door, to be a warm, welcoming place to have a great meal at a reasonable price -- but it is consistently excellent. My family has been eating here once every month or so for the last 8 or 9 years, and I don't think we can recall a single time that we were unhappy with anything we ordered. I'm a big fan of the gnocchi, which the chef pairs with different meats from time to time (sausage and veal being two common ones). My mother-in-law can't get enough of the scallops. The burgers are great. Even the table rolls are yummy, and perfect for dipping into the delicious potato-garlic soup usually brought out between courses at no charge. The wine list is short and not fancy, but the choices are good quality wines for the price point (under $10 per glass and $20s to $30s for most of the bottles). Owner Victoria is extremely friendly and gets to know her repeat customers pretty quickly. All the staff there have been especially friendly to my now-5-year-old son all his life; he misses the young waitress who called him her boyfriend, introduced him to her love of the NY Yankees and doted on him so well until she eventually moved away from town and found employment near home. We had my wife's baby shower here, and one of her guests then chose it for her shower soon after. We celebrated New Year's here once, and even on a holiday all was up to the usual standard. The one thing they DON'T do here is comp the regulars like some places do -- we always pay for what we order, except for the soup that is always free. But the prices here are very reasonable and we are OK with just paying a fair price for whatever we order, rather than paying too much and getting some free desserts or cordials in exchange. You can't go wrong here.

1  Thank Vincent R