“Very good food & overall dining experience”
Review of Poppy's Place

Poppy's Place
Ranked #10 of 90 Restaurants in Floral Park
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've lived in Floral Park nearly my whole life and can't believe I've only just been to Poppy's Place in December. But it was really good food. The portions were undersized compared to other similar type restaurants. Luckily the kids meals were big for my boys, so I just finished up their food. I would go back again, but would ask for a meal that has larger portions. Service was very good, too. Small, intimate place. I was there with my wife & sons, but others were there for date night. Perfect for either event.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

small initmate place friendly owner & bar/wait staff Excellent food great specials HUGE portions,
Bruschetta free as appetizer

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We live in CT and about 3 or 4 times a year we get together with good friends from LI. We choose restaurants that are convenient to get to and located at a midway point. I went on Tripadvisor to check out restaurants in Floral Park and came across Poppy's. After reading reviews, I thought it was worth a try. Well, we've had some hits and misses in the past with restaurant selections, but this one was a definite hit! The food was wonderful, the staff incredibly pleasant and attentive, and the bar scene full of locals gave it a very warm and friendly feel.

I was a little apprehensive that we would be rushed through our meal since we arrived at 6:30 (first seating). But that was not the case at all - we didn't get the bill until 10:15 - hadn't realized it was that late. The staff never made us feel as though we overstayed our welcome.

All in all, a great dining experience. Would def go back again!

2  Thank newcanaandiner
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Poppy's Place has been a fixture in Floral Park for quite awhile. The food is excellent and well-priced, especially at lunch. The restaurant is a little on the small side, so when it is busy you are seated very close to each other and it can get a little noisy. But, all in all, it's a good place for a good meal at not crazy prices.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this place - t's the restaurant I take out-of-town guests to, it's that great. It's a cozy restaurant, the food is delicious, the staff is friendly and will bend over backwards to accommodate food allergies if you have them (and on that note, they offer gluten free pasta). Whenever we dine here, we try to order their homemade pastas, which are superb. Oh, and save room for dessert!