“Koenig's either "old school" or dated”
Review of Koenig's - CLOSED

Koenig's
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We ate at Koenig's Saturday evening. We had a party of 10 seated with no problems by calling ahead. I grew up in Floral Park and ate there often as a kid. 40 years later, not much has changed. The menu is mainly German food with some great selections. I had sauerbraten with red cabbage. The sauerbraten was in a heavy sweet gravy and the red cabbage was very sweet. My wife had the jägerschnitzel and said it has too much breaking. But in general everyone seemed to enjoy their food. The decor was very dark and dated and we were probably the youngest people in there. The restaurant seems to do a lot of receptions. Service was fine and the waiter was very pleasant.

2  Thank r_d_koenig

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Neighborhood staple for many years. Quality of food and the service have deteriorated. Food was almost inedible and the service was nearly nonexistent. We were almost ignored. I would have thought they were a week away from closing.

1  Thank darlenmm
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Very good German specialties and good American dishes also. Prices can include complete dinners. Great appetizers too!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were a group of 14 and had the use of their private room. Without asking, they had set up the tables in a U shape so that everyone could see eachother. Our waiter was such a good sport. We were a bit loud and having so much fun and he joined right in. The service was great and the food was all delicious. It was perfect for the occasion and I will be back the next time I visit the area. I highly recommend the potato pancakes and the Wienerschnitzel. The rice pudding is lucious. No one in our group had a complaint.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Was so curious about this restaurant and was in the mood for something different so I decided to check it out. OH MY GOD!!!! They need a total renovation-- so dark and creepy in there. Food was ok. not the best German food I ever had. The meal was ruined by two mice running around the restaurant under the tables. The waiter was embarrassed and gave us free dessert, but who can eat. No apologies from the owner or manager. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

2  Thank irenee111