“Great food.Great service”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
newyouk
“Great food.Great service”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I read somewhere that Indians own this Resturant.That is the biggest lie.Because I know the owner, his name is William Fitzgerald.He comes to are table and talks to us all the time.We have had many parties there and they were great.Had a great time.I love the food and the staff .I go at least twice a month,can't beat the price on the buffet.And you get a taste of everything.I just love it there.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank luvsunnydays

Floral Park, New York
“OK Food, OK Service”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I go hot and cold on Koenigs. It is conveniently located, so I'm always hoping for the best. My last meal there was good, but the service was so-so. It's an old fashioned kind of place with celery and olive appetizers. The chicken pot pie is very good. It used to be known as a German restaurant, but the menu is much more varied these days. If you eat in the bar area, it's a little cozier. The main dining room is pretty big and can get a little noisy at times.

Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
“Vintage charm, yummy German food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I recently moved to the Floral Park area and am exploring the neighborhood restaurants. My husband and I enjoyed our experience at Koenig's. Just the two of us went out for dinner on a Saturday and though the restaurant had a decent crowd plenty of tables were available. We were definitely the youngest people there (in our mid thirties). The decor is totally vintage which I find charming and interesting. Our waiter was average: not the friendliest but he did his job and was attentive. Upon arriving we had water in our glasses, a menu, and a wine list. With our drink order we received a basket of their rye bread which was DELICIOUS! My husband had draft German beer which he enjoyed and I had Merlot which was good and a large glass. Shortly after we ordered drinks we received the salad of the day which was a cucumber and onion salad -loved it! I had the pork schnitzel entree and chose red cabbage and spaetzle as my sides (you get to choose a starch and veggie). The cabbage was a bit on the sweet side but I love red cabbage and ate it all, the spaetzle was very yummy and the pork was amazing- perfectly cooked, juicy, fresh and not fatty at all. My husband had the Weiner Schnitzel in gravy and enjoyed it very much, he thought the cabbage was too sweet and noted that the mashed potatoes were made from a box (get the spaetzle!). We didn't have any dessert or coffee as the portions are very large and the food heavy and filling. It's a great old school place with very good German food items. I wouldn't book here for an event but for a casual dinner with friends and family it's great. We are planning on bringing our parents when they visit.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank morgan1999
Osceola, Indiana
“German Food”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

There are not too many German restaraunts around. Koenigs is a Floral Park Landmark! I recommend it.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank BaseballTravelerNY
Malta, New York
“I wish I could give ZERO stars. Stay away, its not what it used to be!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This place is an abomination. I remember being there several times years ago and being impressed. My family had been coming here for years. My family booked a room for lunch for everyone to go after a funeral. With family traveling from all over, you can never be sure who is going to show up and who isn't, but everyone was invited so it could've been anything from 20-60 people or more easily. Our party ended up being around 25 people, less than expected.

When we arrived, I was already worried about the tired and dirty look of the place. But I didn't want to judge right away. Pitchers of water were haphazardly placed on our table and we all quickly realized that you were hard pressed to find a clean glass on the table. Strike 1 of many to come. The waiters came around and kind of threw/dropped baskets of bread on the table. The "famous" Koenigs rye. They give you plates that don't even fit half of the bread. I passed on it, as I'm not a fan of Rye, so I can't say how it was. We were given a limited menu with a vegetable soup and "ziti with marinara" appetizer, a few entrees to choose from, and a dessert. I went with the roast beef because nothing sounded like a safer choice for me. Also, after ordering, the staff very dramatically went around to collect the plates and glasses set up on all the tables in this large room. They were trying to let us know that they were disappointed.

The soup was bland. It contained carrots, a few string beans, and cabbage. Maybe a potato? I can't recall, but it was unimaginative. Then they brought out the pasta... I can't even believe they served this. The pasta was soggy and watery, it actually tasted of dishwater and my sister agreed with me. The sauce had a strange taste. They seasoned it with an awful parmesan cheese... because everyone needs that on their pasta... right? I left all of it on my plate. It was inedible. Nobody ate it, and you think the waiters would have asked about it or apologized? Pathetic.

The entrees came out and I was super displeased to see my waiter hand me my dish with a large portion of the towel IN my food. I can only imagine how unclean that towel is. I can see why he needed a towel though.. my plate was so hot I nearly burned myself on it. The thin slices of roast beef were bathed in flavorless gravy. The mashed potatoes were bland. They served string beans and cabbage family style. Both also just horrible. I barely ate any of it. Not to mention, after seeing their poor cleanliness practices I lost my appetite. I don't need someones dirty towel in my food.

I passed on the coffee which I heard nothing good about, and wasn't expecting much of the dessert, apple strudel. The dessert was actually really good, they must buy it from somewhere.

The most infuriating part of everything (including the terrible food and crap service) is that when it came time to pay for everything, the manager asked "what are we going to do about this?" He was actually COMPLAINING to my family that too few people showed up. Are you kidding me! What business in their right mind has the nerve to complain, TO THEIR CUSTOMER, a customer they know just suffered the loss of a family member?! It makes me sick. This business doesn't deserve to be running. If this is how they treat their patrons, its no wonder why the place is always empty and they can't even get people to come in with their sign out front boasting the "heat" and "food."

• Visited November 2012