“Excellent accomodations, wonderful breakfasts!”

River Run Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Fleischmanns B&B and Inns
Live Oak, Florida
“Excellent accomodations, wonderful breakfasts!”
Reviewed August 15, 2010

This was my first time at River Run Inn, although my family has stayed there many times for our annual get-togethers
I was very pleased with its charm.
Thanks for being part of a memorable weekend Ben!
Mike Larney

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank MikeMke
riverrun, Owner at River Run Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 1, 2010
Mike - So great to have the Laubs here once again. Thanks so much for the review...glad everyone had such a great time. It's great hosting your family! Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pensacola, FL
Reviewed July 15, 2010

This B&B is tucked away in the sleepy town of Fleischmanns, NY. A sprawling "summer home" built in the early 1900's, River Run features a charming decor complete with original stained glass windows on the first and second floors. Many historic photos and artifacts can be found throughout the house, depicting the bygone times of the town and surrounding areas. A large front porch with many chairs and tables is an inviting place to sit and watch the world go by in the evenings. The owners show great attention to detail, ensuring their guests have everything they need and are well informed on things to do in the area. Ben is very personable and is quite accommodating in recommending off the beaten path spots complete with detailed printed directions. Each morning we were treated to a tremendous breakfast spread consisting of a different, fresh baked bread or muffin and hot dish, cereals, yogurt, granola, fruit, bagels, english muffins, boiled eggs, coffee and juice. Rooms are super clean and very comfortable, truly felt like staying at a friend's home. Wi-fi worked perfectly, all the way up on the third floor. Unlike many surrounding areas, our cell phones worked here also. Our dog was welcomed, which worked out great for us. An acre of grassy lawn stretches behind the house to the river where we could let her run off leash. All in all we had a wonderful stay and will return here if we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Spicesea1
riverrun, Owner at River Run Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 16, 2010
WOW! Thanks so much. It was really great to have you as guests for the week. We really pride ourselves in being a simple yet comfy place where everyone feels welcome. Thanks again, and enjoy the rest of your vacation in NH!
New Jersey
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Loved the old world charm of River Run B&B.
The Owners Ben and Melissa were the perfect hosts making our stay in the retro Suite like being home. Inviting living room and wonderful old fashioned porch to relax on.
Beds were comfy and we awoke to a breakfast with warm blueberry buckle (Very delicious I even had seconds)
The perfect place to stay when visiting the catskill mountian region
Cant wait to go back (save me a piece of blueberry)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MountianLover
Thanks for the comments. Glad you had a good time, and can't wait for you to return! Thanks again!
New York
Reviewed March 8, 2010

I stayed with my husband for one night over the weekend in the Beaverkill Room. We loved the quaint, cozy atmosphere of the house and the antique decorations, and the breakfast was absolutely wonderful. The location is great - very close to Belleayre. This was our first time staying in a B&B, and this place did not disappoint! We will definitely be back. Thanks Ben and Melissa!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelingbookworm
riverrun, Owner/Innkeepers at River Run Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 10, 2010
Thanks so much for the review! It was a pleasure having you here as our guests. We're so glad you had a good time, and look forward to your return (we still have TONS of snow on the ground - and lift tickes are still buy-one-get-one FREE!). Thanks again,
Reviewed February 19, 2010

Very hospitable, rooms are a bit dated but very clean, good service. Nice lounge to sit it with lots of activities (videos/books/games/magazines). Definitely recommend the Retro suite in the basement for a family.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Peterleathers
It was great fun having you and the kids here. So glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks so much for the review, and we look forward to your return.
New Jersey
Reviewed February 14, 2010

We just returned from two nights at River Run. Upon arriving in the village of Fleischmanns, which is currently pretty deserted and run down, I was worried that we made the wrong choice of locations to stay while skiing, but as soon as we walked in the door of River Run I was awestruck. The home was immaculate... and I'm one to run my finger over shelves to check. Ben and Melissa have filled every room and hallway with family heirlooms and photos. For Valentines day, there were Valentine postcards from 1908 propped on the mantle amongst family photos and burning candles. Ben was a great source of information on the area. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast features fresh fruit, baskets of breads and muffins, yogurt, granola, dried fruits, cereals and w wonderful hot dish each morning. The mushroom quiche this morning was perfect! Yesterday afternoon there was a platter of fresh baked cookies in the dining area to nibble on. For things to do (besides ski) I recommend walking around Margaretville or taking a drive to Woodstock. Peekamoose was wonderful for dinner..enjoy a drink in the bar first! Phonecia has a great wood fired pizza place, Biros. Best pizza I've had in a long time. If you plug in the navigator and go exploring in Fleischmanns you can see some wonderful Victorians, country estates, and beautiful views from the mountains. We would definitely stay at River Run again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank wherearemykeys
riverrun, Innkeeper at River Run Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, February 16, 2010
Thanks so much for the review! It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to your return. And fortunately, Fleischmanns is having a bit of a Renaissance: since we just got a new sewer system put in (paid for by NYC), new commercial businesses can once again come to the village. Several buildings on Main Street have recently sold and are under renovation, including a restaurant, as well as an indoor multi retail space. Thanks again!
toms river, nj
Reviewed January 24, 2010

Excellent B&B! Stay here, you will not be disappointed! Thank-you so much Ben! I didn't want to scare you before we got there, but I am the worst traveler due to my cleanliness expectations of the places I stay (and due to my profession, I travel quite a bit). Its actually made me a food and lodging snob! Your B&B had not even 1 inkling of disappointment! I have told numerous friends already about our stay and they can hardly believe that I had not 1 negative thing to say about our stay! All my co-workers know how many times hotels have to change my room due to cleanliness issues! I hope my kids were not too disturbing. I am always hesitant to stay at a B&B with kids, but we felt extremely welcome and comfortable and Cole said it was the best part of his trip! Even better then the flat screen and pool at the last leg of our journey! I cannot wait to come back without the kids! Breakfast is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw the french toast recipe how about passing on the mushroom quiche recipe! I LOVED IT!! Chris and I cook quite a bit and mushrooms are my favorite! Also you are extremely informative when it comes to the area (food and ski/snowboarding!) thank-you. Also we left Sam Adams in the Fridge and an ice cream sandwich in the freezer that someone needs to drink and eat! Amazing B&B THANK-YOU SO MUCH! If anyone wants to know anything about our stay they are more than welcome to email us!
Mickalene,Chris, Cole, and Chase

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mccalavano
riverrun, Ben & Melissa, Innkeepers at River Run Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 26, 2010
Hey guys! You're so complimentary!!! Thank you so much!! It was a true pleasure having you as our guests. The kids were great...even got a little history lesson. So glad they enjoyed it as well. The mushroom breakfast bake is pretty simple: Take a 9 x 13 baking dish, spray the bottom with non-stick oil, and spread the bottom with stuffing (believe it or not, the cheaper the better). Saute up some onions and mushrooms in butter...don't salt them! The stuffing is plenty salty for the dish. After the mushrooms are nice and tender, spread on top of the stuffing. Then spread on a layer of grated cheese on top (whatever - cheddar, swiss, etc). In a bowl beat together 8 eggs, a splash of Worsteshire sauce, a squirt of brown mustard, about a cup of sour cream, dried tarragon, and 2c milk. Pour into the pan and let it soak overnight. Bake in the morning at 350 for about 40 minutes!

Again, GREAT having you here as our guests. We look forward to your return.

Ben & Melissa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleischmanns
Cold Spring Lodge
#1 of 3 in Hunter
Spillian: A Place to Revel
Spillian: A Place to Revel
#1 of 3 in Fleischmanns

Been to River Run Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!