“Comfortable and Cozy!”
Review of Breezy Hill Inn

Breezy Hill Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Fleischmanns B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My good friend and I stayed at the Breezy Hill Inn on Labor Day weekend.The price was reasonable and the service was excellent. Having been in the Catskills for the first time I felt welcomed. much information on where to dine and local activities were given to us from the owners. The breakfast was tasty and it was pleasant to commingle with other guests. The owners were very polite, courteous and welcoming. I will return to the Breezy Hill Inn on my next trip to the Catskills.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We selected this B&B over others because of the modernized look over lace, antique furniture and other decorations frequently found in 100 year old B&B buildings. We were pleasantly surprised to find a recently renovated modern B&B. It was very well lit and very clean. (We did not have to remove our shoes -- I guess that policy was discontinued).

We stayed for two nights and were greeted by Lourdes, perhaps the gardener. She does not usually check people in, but did a great job in showing us some forms to sign, offering help with our luggage, and showing us to our room. She indicated breakfast was at 8:30 am. The next morning we met Georgette, a VERY NICE and CHARMING woman who has worked at the B&B for many years. She was lovely and cooked a great breakfast. She was the ultimate face of friendliness. Day 1 breakfast was cheese and chive omelets, a croissant, fresh berries, coffee and orange juice. Day 2 was a plate of two homemade crepes, a muffin, yogurt, granola and berries, and the beverages.

We had a pretty busy Catskills itinerary and didn't have time to use the amenities downstairs, but you'll find a nice activity room with pool table and board games, a bar (perhaps if you BYOB with friends), a workout room, and a sauna. There were also laundry facilities downstairs but it was not known if guests could use these. We didn't need them and we didn't ask. Same for the fabulous, large kitchen -- which is not for guests.

The grounds around the B&B are very well maintained with grasses, flowers, bushes and trees. Much was in bloom and it was nice to just walk around or sit on the front porch in the rocking chairs (or side porches).

The orange room, where we stayed, was small but adequate for two adults, but since we were away on day trips this didn't matter much. There was a small, but updated, bathroom with shower and a hair dryer. The room had a closet as well as a three or so drawer bureau, and a small TV in the corner of the room. Nice views of the mountains or the gardens from the room. The inn was quiet and not many people during our visit. We didn't hear any of the two other rooms' guests.

We can confirm that Georgette asked to run our credit card for the entire amount due at the beginning of our stay. Perhaps this could be added to a FAQ page on the site in order to give travelers, who might be used to final billing at/after checkout, some warning.

We would like to suggest a fire pit be installed, but with staff not always onsite in the evenings, I understand this might not be possible. The August night was chilly and that would have been an excellent way to end the night.

We hope to be back in the 3-room suite with our son one day!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I booked the Breezy Hill Inn because I was going to a wedding near by, and I am very happy I chose this B&B. The property is extremely well kept and VERY clean. The inn keepers were very welcoming and accommodating to all of our needs. We had a delicious breakfast (fresh fruit, croissants, omelet, oatmeal) on the inn's wrap around porch. Overall, it was a great, peaceful stay, and I will definitely stay here next time I'm in the area!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Had a wonderful, comfortable, laid back stay at this great B&B. The grounds were well kept and the inn is impeccably clean. The hosts were cordial and the food was delicious. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay in the area, we'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I've stayed at the Inn several times and had a wonderful experience each time. The rooms and bathrooms are compact but very clean and well maintained including wifi and flat screened tvs. I always enjoy the breakfast and the lovely wrap around porch--wonderful views! The exercise room and the steam room are extra amenities I always try to take advantage of when i am there. The Innkeeper and staff are very helpful with dining and entertainment suggestions. Just the place for a relaxing time in the mountains not too far from NYC.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front of the Inn have the best view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We spent Memorial Day weekend at the inn and it was fantastic It was such a great experience we can't wait to book another weekend. Helpful owners and staff, clean, modern amenities, and just beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Please don't make the same mistake we did. We booked at the Breezy Hill Inn expecting a quiet, restful stay while attending a wedding nearby, and that couldn't have been further from our experience. I have never had such a terrible stay at a B&B.
The first night of our stay, we returned to the B&B at 9:30pm only to hear an extremely loud dinner party going on directly under our room. When I say loud, I mean we could hear *every word* of the owners' and their guests' conversation about NYC politics. My husband went downstairs to complain and spoke to the owner, who was entirely unapologetic and said that they were finishing up dinner. The noise continued until 10:45pm.
We were woken up the next morning at 5:30AM by young children talking very loudly and running around -- we later learned were the owners' grandkids were staying over for the weekend on the floor above us. (Note that the B&B's website discourages children, saying "We are sorry but we may be unable to accommodate families with children under the age of twelve.") We tried to sleep for two more hours but it was impossible. The two other couples staying at the B&B told us over breakfast that they also couldn't sleep after 5:30, and that one of their rooms was directly under the children and that there was screaming in the middle of the night also. We and another couple called other hotels in the area and tried to move, but it was Memorial Day weekend and everywhere was booked.
We and another couple mentioned the noise to the owner and told them that we'd been woken at 5:30. Again, she did not apologize. The rest of the morning, the house was loud with kids running and playing.
The impression we received is that the owners use this house as their vacation home, that they and their family are the priority, and guests are third-class citizens. I have never been so poorly treated at a B&B. We left after two nights, having hardly slept, and we could not wait to get home.

Room Tip: If you have no choice but to stay here, bring ear plugs, a noise machine, and low expectations.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Laura H
innkeeperontheroad, Owner at Breezy Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Laura H.,
I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at Breezy Hill Inn. It is true that we were having dinner when you and your husband returned to the Inn. I did, indeed, apologize to your husband during our conversation for the noise and I told him that we were finished with dinner. We immediately cleared the dining room and cleaned up. I was in bed by 10 o’clock and the house was quiet so I am confused by your assertion that the noise continued until 10:45. Unfortunately the young child staying upstairs awoke disoriented and called out for her mother. I am sorry that you were awakened. Upon learning from another guest who brought the disturbance to my attention in your presence although you made no reference to it earlier when you and I spoke directly, I said the situation would be ameliorated. There was no disturbance the next morning. You have quoted our policy correctly but I would like to point out that the use of the word “may” which gives us the option as to whether to have children under 12 in the building. As to our concern for our guests we were happy to comply with your dietary requests and in fact you stated that breakfast was perfect. We value our guests and work hard to make their stays pleasant. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

Been to Breezy Hill Inn? Share your experiences!