“Batting just below average for a Courtyard”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Courtyard Fishkill

Courtyard Fishkill
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Fishkill
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Batting just below average for a Courtyard”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

Rooms were clean and the grounds were well-kept. Great location to the highway. Fitness center was pretty lame. Free wi-fi was nice.

It was the service that was just below average. Sad to see customer service fall by the wayside... Felt as if I was bothering the front desk when I had questions and needed to change rooms because the plumbing didn't work in my first room.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2009

The Courtyard Fishkill is exactly what I expect from a Courtyard property and I don't say that in a negative light. I feel Marriott did their research when they created the brand. That being said had I not been given directions and what to look for in the area I may have driven right by the hotel as the signage seemed to be hidden although it was around 9 p.m. and raining heavily. The location itself was convient as it was right off the main drag. The room was comfotable, inviting and clean. I will agree with previous post of the outside highway noise and the ac units in the room. They have a small workout room but a very nice indoor pool and whirlpool.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Mystic, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2008

My wife got a cheap flight out of Stewart so we grabbed it. The flight was at 6:00 am so rather than driving two hrs very early in the morning I got onto Priceline and bid on a 2.5 star hotel. The courtyard accepted my bid and we drove in at 8:00pm on a wednesday. Check in was smooth, efficient and with a smile.This is a non smoking hotel and we were offered a room with two queens which worked.The hotel was clean. The room had its A/C going full blast this summer evening -I wondered if it had been running all day (word of the energy crisis has not gotten to this hotel apparently). We left immediately to look for Dinner and saw a Ruby Tuesday nearby which we walked to. Later we took another walk and noticed a small shopping center which had a family style Italian restaurant, a steak place. a chinese buffet and a Pizza Hut.
Our room was on the ground floor facing the side parking lot. It was quiet, the TV worked and we did not use the internet. I was surprised that a hotel that seems to cater to the business traveler would charge for internet access,The shower was excellent with a good strong flow and plenty of hot water. We did not have the coffee in the lobby or food (noticed a take out free delivery maenu from a local Pizza place in the room but we had alraedy eaten)The beds were comfortable and we had two firm and two soft pillows in each bed.My wife could not find a hairdryer and when she called the front deask was politely informed it was hanging in the closet and easily missed as it was black in color.My sense was they were all polite in this joint. My recommendation: stay here if you get a good deal on Priceline or similar

• Liked — Clean, friendly staff
  • Disliked — No free internet, looks dated
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2008

Caveat: We usually write favorable reviews on an entire facility, but this is an unfavorable review based primarily upon one aspect - internet access. We're spending a week on the road. We normally like Marriott Courtyards, despite the higher price and having to pay for breakfast. But after several favorable experiences over the last few days with Hampton Inns, this particular Courtyard was a big disappointment. High speed internet access is very important to me, as it is to numerous business travelers. Unlike Hampton Inns, which have high speed wireless internet available without fanfare on even the highest floors, and easy access with a password provided by the front desk, this Courtyard has only Ethernet cable access. Okay, no problem. But the ISP or whatever service they've chosen is the absolute slowest, crankiest internet access I've ever had the mispleasure to use. An attempt to access a site frequently causes timeout, and sometimes you can't access a site at all. If you're a business traveler and access to web files and email is important to you, give this place a pass. We're here for two days, and I DON'T look forward to it. I think I'm going to avoid Courtyard from now on in favor of Hampton Inns.

As for the rest of the place, it's okay, I guess, if internet access is not important to you. Lots of commerce around, which means you have your choice of food, gasoline, etc.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Internet access
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Kirkland, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2008

The rooms were nice - roomy. But many face the highway and are noisy. Also, the heating/air conditioning unit is very noisy in the room. Breakfast buffet good and reasonably priced. Staff friendly.

• Liked — The area along the Hudson is stunning. Cold Spring Village is adorable.
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2007

Stayed in March 2007, clean, comfortable, front desk helpful, bed comfortable.

Stayed March 2007
Congers NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2006

As others have written detailed reviews, I will keep mine brief. If you have stayed at a Courtyard before and was pleased with it, the Courtyard Fishkill will be a fine hotel for you. It is typical of most other suburban Courtyards. I had good, friendly service and a nice clean comfortable room. No issues with accomodations, parking, service, etc. I am a state employee and breakfast was included with the government/military rate. I have not seen this at any other Courtyard and it was a nice bonus for government/military travelers! The location is convienient and the hotel is right next to several chain restaraunts, a movie theater, and stores. A short drive north on Route 9 brings you to any kind of eatery/shopping you can think of. If you are sensitive to traffic noise then ask for a room away from Route 9. I definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business